News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bodywork Finally started and Finished pics !

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, October 09, 2008, 07:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

After 2 1/2 months my paint guy started on my 70. I think he only got started because I had a day off work and showed up when he opened up. I I took of all the chrome trim,bumper,tailights,door handles. I got tired of hearing "It will be done in 2 weeks"  :brickwall:. I figured he will get going on it or He will tell me to take it somewhere else. Either way its gonna get done  :yesnod:. It was a little frustating to stop there once a week to see how things were going and see him working on things that showed up after mine. When I dropped it of in the first of august he said he would have it done in 3 weeks. His price is so reasonable I am trying to be patient :RantExplode:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

BlueSS454

Stay on top of the guy.  I dropped my first Chevelle off to be told 6 weeks...it turned into 6 months and alot of BS dealing with the guy.
Tom Rightler

68coronetGLwannabe

Oh trust me I will. The weather in AZ is finally nice enough (below 100 degrees at 6pm) :smilielol: to start going to car show. I would like it done soon. He tells me If he started on it he could have it done in a week :drool5: all the body work is in the quaters just need to fix old bodywork from there forward he says its perfect. Is this the way some body shops work they get your car in and then drag it out. :brickwall:
"That's us in 10 years".

BigBlockSam

Quotefirst of august he said he would have it done in 3 weeks

:smilielol:    they told me 6 months and 2 1/2 years later i got the car back in pieces . good luck and stay on his back to get it done . :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Hemidoug

Been 2 years for my 71.....maybe it will be home by Thanksgiving....good luck!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

68coronetGLwannabe

I hope it doesnt take as long as yours :'(. I will take it somewhere else if he drags it out much longer. I offered some money up front so he would  get going but he didnt want it, said just pay him when he is done. That sound fair? :shruggy:
"That's us in 10 years".

hemi-hampton

Typical, A bodyshop will tell you anything to get your car. Then once there forget about it, SUCKER :loser: :fu: At least this is how it's been in 99% of the 20 body shops I've worked in in past 20+ years. If he can get this done in a week how good of a job could he doing :scratchchin: Is he only fixing & painting 1/4's or entire car :shruggy: LEON.

68coronetGLwannabe

He is painting the whole car. Its just gonna be a nice driver quality job. Its gonna be a General Lee (sorry its not a 69 :slap:) .I wanted something I can take to local car shows and I know kids and some adults cant seem to keep there hands off a GL. I have a 68 coronet done up like a GL and people cant help themselves :hah:. Someday I will put a little more money into the paint.
"That's us in 10 years".

bull

68coronetGLwannabe

Just a couple spots on each lower 1/4 that had previous rust repairs about 8 years ago. From rear of door forward its all good, so basically a sand and squirt.
"That's us in 10 years".

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 09, 2008, 09:33:05 PM
Quote  first of august he said he would have it done in 3 weeks
:smilielol:    they told me 6 months and 2 1/2 years later i got the car back in pieces . good luck and stay on his back to get it done . :cheers:
Quote from: BlueSS454 on October 09, 2008, 08:48:34 PM
Stay on top of the guy.  I dropped my first Chevelle off to be told 6 weeks...it turned into 6 months and alot of BS dealing with the guy.
This reminds me of the "Money Pit" movie..."how long will this take? two weeks!" :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jaak

I wish you the best of luck. Mine didn't turn out so well, mine was supposed to be painted 5 years ago, I was gonna let a "friend" that I went to school with do my car. I took the car over there, and paid $1000 up front. He Stripped the paint, primered it and installed the trunk pan. Then he pushed it outside and it sat for 2 years. I finally went and got my car and it has been in my shop ever since. Im trying to do the body work myself now, when I get time to work on it.

Jason

68coronetGLwannabe

You are very patient :angel: I will give mine a couple more weeks and then I will take it elsewhere. If I ran my trucking business like a body shop I might not last long :slap:.I just wonder how people stay in business with work ethics like this.
"That's us in 10 years".

BigBlockSam

QuoteI will give mine a couple more weeks and then I will take it elsewhere. 

the problem is that most shops i've run across are the same.  :shruggy:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

68coronetGLwannabe

Went and checked on my car today and he finally got some hired help and was working on it :2thumbs:.Hopefully it wont be much longer.Come to find out a guy I know through the trucking biz has his pickup at the same place and really chewed is but out :flame: the other day and it got him motivated. :slap:
"That's us in 10 years".

CB

ok, so your car should be ready....day after tomorrow?   :cheers:
j/k, hope it turns out well for you, good luck
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Finn

I'm at roughly 3 months now and it's 95% done. Then again, I put roughly 3 months into it myself fixing the rust but overall I don't have much to complain about compared to some of the guys on here. Stay on top of him and hopefully he'll get it done. There was a point where my body-man seemed to be slowing down (ok so maybe I'm a little paranoid) but after a couple of "Hey I was in the area so I thought Id stop by!" visits I was reassured.  ;D
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

68coronetGLwannabe

If I get a chance I will stop by in the next few days and take some pics if he has made any progress.
"That's us in 10 years".

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the pic. :2thumbs: 
I'm gonna add that to my "GL wannabe" stash, right next to this one. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparstuart

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 22, 2008, 01:26:04 PM
Thanks for the pic. :2thumbs: 
I'm gonna add that to my "GL wannabe" stash, right next to this one. ;D

why ruin a perfectly good 70 plymouth

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68coronetGLwannabe

pics from today :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Almost done!! :drool5:
"That's us in 10 years".

Silver R/T

looks like it's ready for some clear, good job
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemidog