News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

That would be a 73-74 Charger....General 01 has a 71 Superbee ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: C_stripes on March 10, 2008, 07:36:39 PM
I know.  Its not a charger, But it is a HEMI challenger R/T SE.  Also there is a 72 factory 440 sun roof car in the background. 

Thats a 73 or 74, not a 72  ;)
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

BlaineKaiser450

i saw a 1970 with a 440 about a month ago and i made my mom try and keep up with it haha didnt last for long. Also, by my church, some guy has a perfectly restored white 68. Its his daily driver too. I think it has a 440 aswell.
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

C_stripes

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on April 01, 2008, 10:50:23 PM
I know.  Its not a charger, But it is a HEMI challenger R/T SE.  Also there is a 72 factory 440 sun roof car in the background. 

I beg to differ, It is a factory U code sun roof 72 charger :yesnod:. I have sold him parts for it.  I will get some better pics of it in the near future plus the vin.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: C_stripes on April 02, 2008, 12:10:29 AM
I beg to differ, It is a factory U code sun roof 72 charger :yesnod:. I have sold him parts for it.  I will get some better pics of it in the near future plus the vin.

The white one?  The rear windows of the car say it is a 73 or 74 as does the halo style vinyl top.  Also, the vents on the hood near the cowl are 73 style. 

Heres a few pics for comparison:

1972 (notice the rear windows):

1973-74 [notice windows and halo style vinyl top (you can see the strip of paint above the side windows)]:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

MoParMetal

saw a white 70 charger going east on highway 94 today. i wondered if it was one of you.
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

dodgecharger-fan

My brother snapped these for me yesterday. Just west of Toronto.

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Back N Black

That is early to be out ,even for Toronto. Car does look familiar, Except my engine is still on the engine stand.
:pity:

C_stripes

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on April 02, 2008, 12:26:35 AM
Quote from: C_stripes on April 02, 2008, 12:10:29 AM

The white one?  The rear windows of the car say it is a 73 or 74 as does the halo style vinyl top.  Also, the vents on the hood near the cowl are 73 style. 

Heres a few pics for comparison:

1972 (notice the rear windows):

1973-74 [notice windows and halo style vinyl top (you can see the strip of paint above the side windows)]:

I'll go look at it. I know it had a 72 rear pumper and tail lights before thay thook them off.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

chargerrt

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on March 14, 2008, 02:43:04 AM
Quote from: chargerrt on March 08, 2008, 09:34:45 PM
I actually saw two today in Panama City, Florida.  It's been a while since I've seen any.  The first one I saw was a yellow '68 and later on in the day I spotted a red '67 in the same parking lot of the mall I was at.  I also spotted a purple '68 Road Runner with a lift off hood in a used car lot.  I'm gonna call about it on Monday  :yesnod:

Would you have been in Tallahassee this past August?  See the previous page of this thread - the car I saw at FSU in August 07 looks suspiciously like the one in your signature.

Ha!  That WAS me!  That's cool as heck.

bull

I saw these two sitting next to an auto repair shop in southeast Portland today while taking my radiator in to be rebuilt. Sorry about the streaks in the pictures, it was raining (as usual).

TheGhost

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on April 01, 2008, 09:50:54 PM
Here are a few shots of two third gen Chargers I saw a while back.  I took the camera along today because I was hunting for this elusive 2nd gen Charger that I was told about.  I have yet to find it, but hopefully soon.  The other is of this Barracuda that has been sitting under this carport for the longest time.  I tried leaving a note but no luck.  I also wanted to take pics of this Challenger, but someone was outside in the yard so I didn't want to snap a pic.  The neighborhood where these cars were at aren't the best to be cruising and taking pics thus the reason for the "bad" pics.   

Barracuda's a 67 fastback.  Shame that she's just wasting away.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69Charger_440

found the elusive '68, but not for sale because the owner is going to fix it one day.  also found two challengers, but again, owners are going to fix the cars one day.  ::) 

The Kid

I found a '68 over by my buddies house one day. It was sitting on a concrete slab under a tree. It looked fairly decent, it was an MM1 car. I think it sat that for a year before I finally decided I'd go up and ask about it. Sure enough the day I finally did they had sold their house and had already moved the car :brickwall: .

I also found another '68 right down the road from that one. It was an SS1 R/T car that the guy had just bought off eBay. He said he didn't want it any more because he had just bought an old Road Runner. It had a mild 440 and just a little surface rust in a few spots. Offered the guy $10k (this was when you could still get a decent Charger for $10k) but he said nope. He had paid $15k initially and wasn't going to take a loss (he definitely got screwed). He must have sold it and the Road Runner becuase I haven't seen either in 4 years.

GREEN684SPD

xs29l8b

traveling for business today i snapped a pic of this--

xs29l8b

GREEN684SPD

going to try and purchase this one..

elanmars

a few months ago-and the only other charger besides mine i've seen around here.
:(

i was leaving the parking lot when i spotted a dark red '69 charger, there was an open spot right in front of it-which was strange, given that this was french quarter new orleans. so i parked real fast and checked it out!

i wonder who it belongs to, i was rushed for time but still managed to take a few quick pics. should have thought to write a note for whoever owns that sweet '69!

over here it's mustangs and mustangs and mustangs...every now and again you see some chevy cars, camaros, novas and chevelles. a monte carlo here and there. as far as mopars, i know a couple of dudes still working on a '72 duster and i've seen a black 'cuda, as well as a plum crazy challenger but only once-and naturally, when i had seen those two cars, i wasn't riding in my charger.

'73, '69!

my friend Nichole checking it out.

second gen, third gen.

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

dpm68

mikepmcs

So i'm working on the oval track car at my friend's house last night like i've done all winter every tuesday and wednesday night...
There are usually quite a few of the crew members there who have all known each other and lived in the area for years.
I'm with my buddy Rob who stops by my house everyday on his way home from work and usually will drop me off there and my other friend Pat usually takes me home when we are done working on the car cause he is living here for the time being.  Mind you I see these people almost everyday.

Get to the point,right,  I hear you all.

So as most know I wrecked my 69 a few weeks ago and  I'm starting to look for some parts to get him back on the road again.

I walk in the shop last night and the owner Gene(oval track guy) right off the bat says, hey Mikey, I seen this R/T today while riding my bike, it's just down the road and looks like it's been sitting for many years amongst a bunch of other junk cars. Understand to non Mopar guys like Gene, everything is an R/T and every 2nd generation looks like the other. But still at least he's looking for me.
This is the funny(not so funny) part.
One by one, every guy in the shop speaks up and goes yeah it's right down the road and it's been there for years and the kicker was.... my best friend Rob whom I see every day and have known him and his family for 17 years(i'm his youngest girls godfather for christ sake) says oh yeah that's been there forever.  HELLO!
4 of the guys knew the owner as well :o

So off we go to look at it and sure enough it's right down the street near my friend Rob's house and as we cruise by I expect it to be hidden pretty well, nope, it's right by the road sitting  on what looks to be an old snowmobile trailer. 
It turns out it's a 1970, so no luck there for parts and the first 2 of the vin are XH so no R/T. I didn't look at it too long but she didn't look so well. no stock interior to speak of except the instrument cluster, it's blue with a peeling black vinyl top, typical rot in all the right places, couldn't see the frame rails the way it was parked and didn't feel like getting ticks on me so I didn't dive.  doors and fenders might be saved, decklid was real nice(all I could see was the topside) hood was ok, no drive train, front valance no good but the right amber light was good.
The bumper and the grille looked mint to me! Best part of the car.
Rob took pics with his cell phone from the road and I just emailed him to ask him to send and will post if they come through.
The barn/garage is lifeless, and the owner supposedly lives in Auburn about 40 minutes away so i don't know when any of my friends will see him to ask if it's for sale but they swear he's one of those guys who doesn't know what it's worth. I find that hard to believe but hey.....
Anyway, if I do somehow get info on this car and it is for sale i will post it up here immediately for anyone who is interested.  I am not interested due to the fact that I don't have the money to buy it and am not looking to get it and flip it for profit or sell parts to make money from anyone on this site.  I just assume give everything away that I have if someone needs it.
Once again, I don't know if this information will come but I will keep my ears open.
Hopefully pics today, if not I'll have to take my digital and get them myself.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?