News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FastCharger

66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

69bronzeT5

Went to Vancouver and I saw a '74 Charger. Sitting on a street parked. Saw it from a block away, didnt have a camera though. It was green with a black vinyl top. Also had hubcaps. Looked like a survivor
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Chris G.

Going south on the Parkway today, and out of the blue I see this cream puff. This thing looked completely original (paint wise). Super dark blue, had an old timer driving, which makes me think he has owned this thing since new or at least 25 years. It's even got regular plates on it, which means he goes to inspection every year.  :o

I gotta give this guy props. I'll bet every time he stops, he has some guy begging to buy it just so they can make a quick buck. Nice to see one like this every 30 years. Around here I don't even see '75 Darts. Even cars from the early 80's are scarce around here.

Ghoste

Wow!  Now there's some real time proof.

You know, for some reason I thought you were in one of thsoe regions that had just been hammered with the snow?

69charger2002

wow that is amazing to see. especially in december in new jersey.. did he have 5 people in the car, are his shocks worn out, or did he have dead bodies in the trunk? was dark blue an option in 68? i don't know if i've ever seen one

trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Chris G.

Ghoste, we usually get the bottom half of what hits MA pretty hard. We did get a few inches last week, but rain and 40 degree temps the last few days took care of that. I have a feeling that this car goes out rain/snow or shine.  :2thumbs:

Trav, I think it's a CC1 paint color. It's probably sagging because that's how they look after 39 years of driving. :yesnod: That thing probably has 250K on it. Even the license plate light works. Can't even say that on some restored cars.  ;)

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 1FastCharger on September 30, 2007, 09:18:58 PM
I saw this '74 in Altoona PA back in August. It looked like a really clean car.

Quote from: 1FastCharger on September 30, 2007, 09:18:58 PM
I saw this '74 in Altoona PA back in August. It looked like a really clean car.

Quote from: 1FastCharger on September 30, 2007, 09:21:03 PM
Uno Mas.

WAY TO GO... FULL VINYL TOP ON A 73/74!!!!!! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet... that's how should it be! I maybe just would try to trim out a little bit lower the lower C pillar molding section. Mostly sure used a 71/72 donor trim
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

MaMopar

When the MOPAR CREW gets together here in PA we have
(2) - 68 Charger's 1-Red & 1-White
(1) - 69  Red,
(1)  71 Challenger Green,
(1) - 68 Dart Sublime.

Wow do we ever get attnetion, people stop in there tracks, freaks them out all this muscle cruisin together. 
MaMopar

JMF

Crazy Larry

Last Summer...saw this is Syracuse on a random drive through the city.....

Then I saw this in the fall of 2006 - while running across Kansas, just inside St. Joseph, Missouri.....

dpm68

Here's a couple out off of West 6th Avenue near Lakewood, CO. Both cars run. The 'bird shall sit as long as it takes, but he might fix it up for his daughter. The Charger has a 383 HP/727/console and a near-mint interior with white '68 buckets with headrests. He admits that he will never get around to fixing it and of course (at the time) will never sell it. He also has a completely rebuilt 440 Six Pack engine sitting outside by his garage covered with a plastic tarp. At least he keeps his riding mower in there - sigh....

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MaMopar on December 28, 2007, 10:28:40 PM
When the MOPAR CREW gets together here in PA we have
(2) - 68 Charger's 1-Red & 1-White
(1) - 69  Red,
(1)  71 Challenger Green,
(1) - 68 Dart Sublime.

Wow do we ever get attnetion, people stop in there tracks, freaks them out all this muscle cruisin together. 

Same here. We have alot of nice places in my area. One place is Cowichan Bay, its a little seaside bay right on the water. Around 7pm in the summer, the sun started to set and it looks beautiful. Last summer I was having fish and chips down there and just as the sun was setting, a bunch of Mopars rolled through. There was a yellow 70 Challenger RT, copper 69 Dart GTS, 2- 68 Roadrunners and a 68? Cuda. I'll be joined them soon :icon_smile_big:

Vainglory, Esq.

I saw a beautiful B5 blue 1970 in Tallahassee this summer, coming out of the Florida State campus, actually.  Anyone's here?

69bronzeT5

Not a Charger but today, I was at band practice and I came out of the band room into the living room at my friends house and I look out the window to see a '69 Roadrunner sitting across the street :o. I ran outside to hear what it sounded like and it sounded sweet. It was a teal blue with black/teal interior and a 383. Really nice car. My friend said the guy just finished restoring it a year ago. He pulled it out of the garage today, pulled out on the street, took alot of pics of it and stuck it back in

Charger1973

Saw a 74 SE yesterday drive by yesterday, but ive seen it before.  In fact, I sold the last owner the hood, doors, and who knows how many other parts that are on the car now.  One of these days i'll catch up with the new owner.  Probably this summer. 

TheGhost

Back around Christmas, I went to a friends housewarming party, and spotted a 69 sitting in a driveway.  And there was that hail damaged 70 I found a couple years ago.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dans 68

Saw a couple of Challanger T/A's last week that a customer was restoring (storing?) in his driveway and garage. The white one in the driveway was a bit rusty and of need of TLC, while the plum one under cover in the garage was a nice example of a driver. I asked his wife if was he was looking to sell...and she said "not a chance in hell".   :icon_smile_big:  I'm not surprised. Downtown San Jose, by the way. And yes, don't ask for detailed directions.  :D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

chargerrt

I actually saw two today in Panama City, Florida.  It's been a while since I've seen any.  The first one I saw was a yellow '68 and later on in the day I spotted a red '67 in the same parking lot of the mall I was at.  I also spotted a purple '68 Road Runner with a lift off hood in a used car lot.  I'm gonna call about it on Monday  :yesnod:

C_stripes

I know.  Its not a charger, But it is a HEMI challenger R/T SE.  Also there is a 72 factory 440 sun roof car in the background.  Don't know anything about the chally other than its a real R/T SE but not shore about R code.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

440charger68

yesterday, at a boat shop. It was a 70 charger 440 4 speed painted plum crazy purple. It was for sale for 7,500. I could of bought it but when they called me i thought it would be a piece of crap for 7,500. Holy S##T i was wrong. Almost every thing was restored even though it was an R/T clone. This will haunt me for the rest of the year, a great loss. :brickwall:
life's a garden, dig it.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 440charger68 on March 11, 2008, 01:27:05 PM
yesterday, at a boat shop. It was a 70 charger 440 4 speed painted plum crazy purple. It was for sale for 7,500. I could of bought it but when they called me i thought it would be a piece of crap for 7,500. Holy S##T i was wrong. Almost every thing was restored even though it was an R/T clone. This will haunt me for the rest of the year, a great loss. :brickwall:

:o

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: chargerrt on March 08, 2008, 09:34:45 PM
I actually saw two today in Panama City, Florida.  It's been a while since I've seen any.  The first one I saw was a yellow '68 and later on in the day I spotted a red '67 in the same parking lot of the mall I was at.  I also spotted a purple '68 Road Runner with a lift off hood in a used car lot.  I'm gonna call about it on Monday  :yesnod:

Would you have been in Tallahassee this past August?  See the previous page of this thread - the car I saw at FSU in August 07 looks suspiciously like the one in your signature.

69Charger_440

Here are a few shots of two third gen Chargers I saw a while back.  I took the camera along today because I was hunting for this elusive 2nd gen Charger that I was told about.  I have yet to find it, but hopefully soon.  The other is of this Barracuda that has been sitting under this carport for the longest time.  I tried leaving a note but no luck.  I also wanted to take pics of this Challenger, but someone was outside in the yard so I didn't want to snap a pic.  The neighborhood where these cars were at aren't the best to be cruising and taking pics thus the reason for the "bad" pics.   

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on April 01, 2008, 09:50:54 PM
Here are a few shots of two third gen Chargers I saw a while back.  I took the camera along today because I was hunting for this elusive 2nd gen Charger that I was told about.  I have yet to find it, but hopefully soon.  The other is of this Barracuda that has been sitting under this carport for the longest time.  I tried leaving a note but no luck.  I also wanted to take pics of this Challenger, but someone was outside in the yard so I didn't want to snap a pic.  The neighborhood where these cars were at aren't the best to be cruising and taking pics thus the reason for the "bad" pics.   

last one...