News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Quote from: dads_69 on June 25, 2007, 09:54:14 AM
Thanks guys, but I'm not looking for a pat on the back anywhere. My buddy is an older guy, been around and had some awesome mopars in his day. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, he owned a few Hemi cars, 440 6 pak and others, he doesn't have the funds like he used to to buy a true muscle car like he used to own. He told me stories of how Hemi cars back then were real cheap, he bought a '70 Hemi cuda for $1800.00 modified it some and wrecked it bad, I  looked at photos he has, man, what a trip to look at what he had. He has a '67 440 also for the charger to install, he said he wants to go fast one last time before he passes on, that part I hate hearing about, so giving him the car, which I bought for $500.00 is a deal to me.
Mark

That is a really nice story.  I'm happy to hear that a person like you, that has had his share of medical problems lately, can give someone a car that will mean alot to them.  I think the good karma gods are watching :coolgleamA:

TUFCAT

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:

these count?..

bought this at a yard sale today for a buck,.. now i got sumpthin to do on my...  err,.. "Vacation"..

Chargen69

just saw this one a couple of weeks ago on I-77 headed into Charlotte nc...  anybody's here?

70charger_boy

Alright, today I was totally excited!!!!  I saw this really sweet r4 red 68 charger with a black vinyl top and tinted windows.  It had american racing outlaws and it was in Warwick, RI.  I think this is the first time i've seen a charger in the wild in this area.  Does somebody on this site own it?  I didn't have my cam, but I think I know where he lives and will snap some friday

TBCharger

I saw a light blue '69 two or three years ago, but thats it.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TBCharger

Also saw an AAR cuda.  :drool5:And i live in not that big of a town.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Mean 318 on June 10, 2007, 04:59:14 PM
saw this 73

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who drives a old 74 Mopar that looks like this. :lol: Funny, I drove my 74 to work the other day. I work at Advance Auto. I had also brought my Charger to a cruise at Advance Auto.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

69Charger_440

I managed to take a few pics of this "wild" beast during our Labor Day Weekend!!  Does this belong to anyone here? 

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on September 04, 2007, 09:34:41 PM
I managed to take a few pics of this "wild" beast during our Labor Day Weekend!!  Does this belong to anyone here? 
one more...

bull

68charger383

Love black cherry cars.

I saw two chargers in the wild on the same day.

I was driving from LA to the Ventura County fair in the beginning of August. We stopped for some Burger King and there was a GL at a tire/front end shop in Calabasses. Then when I was looking for a parking spot in downtown Ventura near the fair, there was a red  69 in the parking lot.

Other then these two, its been a while and I live in a very densely populated area and do a lot of driving for work (about 35K a year). Then again, even at the car shows/swap meets I've been to lately, there are not that many Mopars!

I'm putting my camera in the car right now!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

69Charger_440

I also spotted a white '68 Charger about a month ago while I was in Roswell.  There is also a green or teal colored '72-'73 Charger that belongs to a Roswell local. 

The '69 I took pictures of was spotted by my wife.  I nearly jumped out of the driver's seat as she shouted, "Isn't that a '69 Charger!"  I was driving so I wasn't paying too much attention until I saw it.  These pics really don't do the car any justice.  Also, in the sunlight, the car looked to be more of a deep purple color.  Kinda reminded me of that purple that some of the Prowlers have been painted.  Anyhow, it was a nice car.

Brock Samson

very nice ! ya don't usually see them in that color or with tinted windows either... great catch :yesnod:

6670charger

Mine cruises around Junction City KS every day of the week.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

68charger383

After reading this thread I put my camera in the car and to my surprise, I got two today!

The 1st gen was driving on the 605 in So Cal during rush hour...belong to anyone on here?

The 3rd gen was for sale at the bumper shop when I went to pick up my bumper...listed in the for sale section

Update today I saw a B7 1st gen on the 10 freeway at the 30 freeway today. Wow two in two days...looking forward to tomorrow.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

SeattleCharger

That 67 looks cool with those wheels.

and that 73 has a cool paint job, looks like TK73's car, same wheels, cept for his paint job

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ghoste

There was a white 66 cruising around last Thursday night and a yellow 69 in town last Saturday but I didn't get pics of either.  I think I recognized who was driving the 69 though so I will be trying to track that one down.

greenpigs

A bright yellow 70 RT with torque thrust D's on it this past sunday, it looked solid but was most definitely a work in progress.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

twenty mike mike

Saw an SS-1 Yellow '68 with a black vinyl top tonight at the last Cruisin' Grand for the season in Escondido, CA. Looks like an original black plate CA car. Nice car, but unfortunately the owner wasn't around to talk to about it.

68chrgrwife

Today Hubby and I saw a 69 Charger driving thru a nearby town..all white car...looked nice..too bad we didn't have a camera....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

1FastCharger

I saw this '74 in Altoona PA back in August. It looked like a really clean car.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

1FastCharger

Sorry for the blurry pics, but we were moving.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger