News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPR

Spotted this '69 heading North from Sydney on my way home from work.
Never seen this one in Australia before.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

chargerperson

My wife spotted this car first in White Plains, NY last Friday.  1970 Charger

HeavyFuel

Today.

On the way back to work, this guy was in front of me....pulled into MickeyD's.

I stopped to talk to him.....said he just got the car a couple weeks ago and decided to take it on a couple hundred mile road trip.    Pretty ballsy.

Said he got 20 mpg with the 440.   Nice.     :2thumbs:

Needs a little cosmetic work, but a nice car.

Chris 69

Say this '66 or '67 north of City of Shasta Lake, CA. It was visible from I-5.

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

JR

I am dead sure that green shooting brake is just Photoshop.

That funky hood with a skull moulded in front is a dead giveaway of a car that was built a couple of years ago.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

6spd68

Quote from: JR on September 25, 2015, 12:01:54 PM

I hope so...  I posted it here because I had no idea where else to put it, and didn't want to waste creating a topic on it.  I felt our community needed to see it.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

hemigeno

Quote from: JR on September 25, 2015, 12:01:54 PM

:yesnod:

The silhouette of the "windows" from one side does not match the opposite side.  IMHO, it's a very poor concept -- but they still did a much better job of photoshopping than I could ever do (that's not saying much though).   :Twocents:

Chris 69

Poor photos, but my brother saw a 1971? Charger in Livermore, CA a couple weeks ago.

Chris 69

Also, yesterday 10/22/15 on my drive back up to the north end of California, I saw a couple chargers:

- 1968 Cyan-blue color, white vinyl top, white R/T stripes, shiny wheels.
- 1969 General Lee.

Saw these between Dunnigan, CA and Arbuckle, CA heading south on I-5 (couldn't get a photo as I was heading North), about 2:30pm. Lots of other classics heading south, so I'm, assuming there was a car show someplace.

bull

Found this 68 last week while riding shotgun with my daughter. She got her permit so I finally get to look out the window a little. It's barely a mile from my house too, who knows how long it's been there.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Chris 69 on October 26, 2015, 03:56:01 PM
Also, yesterday 10/22/15 on my drive back up to the north end of California, I saw a couple chargers:

- 1968 Cyan-blue color, white vinyl top, white R/T stripes, shiny wheels.
- 1969 General Lee.

Saw these between Dunnigan, CA and Arbuckle, CA heading south on I-5 (couldn't get a photo as I was heading North), about 2:30pm. Lots of other classics heading south, so I'm, assuming there was a car show someplace.

Fall Fling in Van Nuys, CA all Mopar event and swap was on Sat. Oct. 24 2015.

grdprx

My brother saw a 1st gen on Alki in West Seattle New Years morning.  Sweet ride!  :coolgleamA:

Chris 69

1972 Charger in Windsor, California. 2-14-16

Chris 69

rob69

My daughter goes to BU, she just sent me these of a 69 going through downtown Boston.
Probabley one of you guys (unless its stolen)
"..up from the ashes, grow the roses of success"

keepat

Driving in southern Maryland I came across this beautiful first GEN charger.
Pat

smithenhiven

I'd say I see at least one each summer (as in not at car shows, just seen at random out driving around).

These were quick cell phone pics from last summer, the orange 69 was done up as a General Lee, and looks like it has a go-pro sticking off the side.

The 68 was neat to see, in all it's unfinished as-is glory.

Both were spotted in Aliquippa, PA just outside of Pittsburgh

ODZKing

I think that is the first 66 I have seen in nice shape that color (look white here). Usually everyone changes it to a darker color or the white shows all the rust. 
They did a nice looking resto too and slapped in a 440 to boot.   :yesnod:

taxspeaker

We bought an old house with a garage last fall. Garage was hand built out of old bleacher seats but 4 cars deep. Could never get to the back because of 10 years of crap and wasps in the front. Pulled this out to the front from under a tarp at the way back when the wasps were frozen. VIn is XS29 but can't make out engine code-there is literally a mud dauber nest on top of it and even at 10 degrees I'm not messing with them until I can find a can of wasp spray to saturate that thing and scrape it off

b5blue

Use WD-40, PB-Blaster or good old rubbing alcohol they all work and do no harm.  :2thumbs:

RCCDrew

So it's you guys whipping out cameras every time I drive my car!!  :lol: