News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WM23N1

I looked out my bedroom window and saw a '74 rallye in my driveway. I snapped a pic before it could get away!
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

SeattleCharger

Saw this in downtown Seattle maybe ten days ago, don't know if it was the shop owner's car or if it was there to be worked on for a customer,was a body shop of some kind, if you are trying to find a fixer upper '69 around Seattle, maybe call him up and ask him if its for sale, I don't know.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

70charginglizard

Quote from: bull on April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM
I see dozens every year but only if I go to a couple car shows. Otherwise I rarely see them at all just out in public rolling down the street. The last time I saw a 2nd gen Charger it was a '68 turning at a stop sign about 1/2 mile from my house, and that was over two years ago. Since that time I've seen one third gen Charger and that was probably 10 months ago. I just never see them. Is it the area in which I live? Do some of you in other parts of the country or world see classic Chargers more frequently?

You should be up here in Washington State going up and down highway 9 in Snohomish county. I see all kinds of classic cars and motorcycles running up and down that stretch of highway all the time. Especially me.  :icon_smile_approve:

It's basically turned into the weekend cruising road anymore.  :yesnod:
70charginglizard

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2006, 03:46:13 PM
Hey Bull, bumper to bumper brand X cars are like that right across the continent.  It just seemed to me that there are a fair number of Charger owners on this site and the 66-67 site from that corner of the US.

Really? I guess it seems that way to people on the outside, just like I assume most of the Chargers are in California or out east. I see 3rd gens more often than 1st or 2nd gens here in Portland and I don't think I've ever seen a 1st gen just driving down the street during the 14-some-odd years I've lived in the Portland area. Seattle might be better but I don't get up there much.

bull

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on September 28, 2006, 03:12:27 AM
Saw this in downtown Seattle maybe ten days ago, don't know if it was the shop owner's car or if it was there to be worked on for a customer,was a body shop of some kind, if you are trying to find a fixer upper '69 around Seattle, maybe call him up and ask him if its for sale, I don't know.

Hey, good call getting the phone number in the pic. :icon_smile_cool: Doesn't look to me like B&B is in too much of a hurry to get that thing streetable. At least someone ripped the vinyl off so that Seattle liquid sunshine doesn't ruin the roof.

Ghoste

You're probably right, it always seems different to someone else.  You'll just have to be ready to accept that you're going to be famous once your 68 hits the highway then.
BTW, maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, within the last two weeks I've seen a 68, a 69, and a 73 all out "in the wild".

slamooo

The last day of the puyallup fair I saw a 3rd gen and driving thru Roy WA yesterday I saw a 1st gen and last week I saw a daytona clone( not done ) at the MeKenna Y But the nice days are going away along with the cars.

Manfred318

There are 3 Chargers I see around here on the road my '68, a triple green '69 383 A/C that belongs to my former 8th grade teacher who bought it new, and a burgandy '69 with a white vinyl top that I've seen once or twice. There is a guy that lives close by that has a warehouse full of MoPars but he never drives them. What a waste  :icon_smile_sad:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Headrope

Quote from: bull on September 11, 2006, 03:22:03 PM
Quote from: MorePwr on September 11, 2006, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2006, 03:41:59 AM
I thought there was a little hotbed of old Mopars up there in the Pacific northwest?   That just doesn't seem right.
All you Seattle Charger owners start driving your cars more.  Now.
I see a few at car shows, so I know they are here, so I agree, start driving em. I do see a fair share of nice Mopars just not any Chargers on the road...

Where'd you hear that, Ghoste? The Great NW is a friggin' "No Classic Mopar Zone" as far as I can tell. There's enough classic Chevys and Fords to reach the moon bumper to bumper but Mopar stuff up here is very hard to come by.

Huh? On an average summer in Washington I usually see probably two Roadrunners, two Chargers - in addition to my '66 - and a whole bunch of Darts ('65s to '69s) in Tacoma.
And then there are all the folks out in Spanaway and Puyallup. There are all sorts of Mopars in Pierce county.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

73chgrSE

I thought that surely I owned the only white 3rd gen in the small city of Lawrenceville Ga. but I recently saw another parked in front of the local transmission place, (belong to anyone here?). Then later that same day I saw a dark green one in the movie theater parking lot. It's very rare to saw a 66-67. I see 2nd gens occasionally.

kevin383

Been driving the new (to me) 70 beast to work and back....Hell aren't they made for that? Monday it's to the body shop
for the rust repair...So it's back to the 70 swinger...Or maybe I can get my 383 from the shop and then it
s back to the 69 GT Dart 4 speed  ;)
Car's got a lot of pickup. It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

RT DAVE

Saw a 68 dart today with a 383 and then a few minutes later I got passed by a diablo!  Sorry my ugly mug made it into the picture.   It was the best my wife could do at 45mph.   My wife still had the camera out when I saw the lambo in my rearview.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Lightning

I've been seeing a maroon and white '73 or '74 (SE?) running around here, it had the bumperettes on it with the regular headlights (no hideaways..)

EDIT: there's two General Lee's as well, one's a '69 and one's a '68
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Carrnutt

Well, there's a 69 General Lee that I can see it as often as I want, (not mine)  it lives and works just a couple miles from me. I see lots of 3rd gens tho, most in rough shape. When i was at my 69's first show a few weeks ago, there was a discussion I overheard that went something like this... 1st guy " well its a toss up between this car (my charger) and that blue mustang" 2nd guy "R u kidding me?! how many mustangs we see today? lots! and how many Chargers?  Umm one!!!" That pretty much sums up how it is around here.  :rotz:
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

sixpack70

The northwest was awesome to see classic cars at. Around my parents house in Springfield OR. I can see all kinds, even a 69 383 Auto just around the corner.(IF i had the money I'd see if she'd sell it to me because its in aweseom shape) Seen a few superbirds on I-5 a few times. Springfield and Eugene OR are Chevy country though dpn't see to many mopars until the Mopar Show at Lane Community College. 

Then I moved to El paso thinking with all of the lack of rust I would see a tonof cars or all types. I've seen three chargers in 2 years. One of them was a 68 R/T leaving the DMV, probably saw me gawking so he put down a nice patch as he left. That was 2 years ago though. Only see them at shows anymore.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

451-74Charger

Saw a sweeet 71 Plum Charger on Saturday on Dixie Highway in Erlanger KY.
I was in my Jeep GC, and switched places etc a few times, and had a good look over while it was driving.
Nice plate too !!!

Zentelis

I only recall seeing a 1st gen Charger "in the wild" at a 50's style diner my girlfriend and I went to shortly after we started dating (which was 4 years ago).
Since then, I have never seen one, aside from Chryslers at Carlisle..but that doesn't really count :)

Other than that, you can't turn around in this town without bumping into a Mustang or Camaro (pick a year, it doesn't matter..they're everywhere :p )

I look forward to getting my Charger on the road..this town could use something a little unique out on the cruisin' circuit :)

Lost Sheep

in my hometown I have the only Charger(68) and I was also the only true muscle car in high school.............. my buddy's 82 Camaro and 82 Trans-Am which both had 305's and automatics were gutless and dont deserve the name of muscle car.  In Bismarck,ND where I go to college I see NO Chargers but I do see a copper colored 71 RoadRunner with a 383 and auto on the floor. There is also a beat up and rotting 70 RoadRunner with a 440 and 4 speed.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

andy74

i saw a orange with white hat 70 over the weekend,and my wife saw a black 72 se friday-from a long way away she thought i skipped work,but i am proud that she knew what she was seeing! :icon_smile_big:

Chargen69

TylerCharger69

Okay...this seems to be a really hot topic.    Here's my question.  Am I wrong for driving my '69 every day?   I drive it to work, rehearsals, and everywhere else!!!  I just can't fathom owning a car like this without driving it and enjoying it....I mean...if it sits in a garage somewhere...what's the point in owning it?

Ghoste

You are absolutely NOT wrong and you should be commended for it!

Brock Samson

i think your on the wrong thread,..
   this one is for sightings of other chargers out on the street, not posting pics of our own cars...
the one you wanna post on is "I'm Guilty".. or maybe "Gotta' pic of your Charger : Post Up"             :police:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,19264.0.html

Ghoste