News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking Thru Auto Trader..... A "C" body with a factory 440 & 4spd?

Started by TruckDriver, October 26, 2005, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I like the '67 & '68 Furys. I had a friend that had one, a 318 car, just outta high school that was pretty cool. I also could of bought one with a 383 for $600. bucks in the mid '80s. But I NEVER seen ANY "C" body anywhere with a 4spd. It must be rare. Any opinions on this ???  I would love to have this car! Sure would be different! :yesnod:

Sorry for the small pic, but it is out of the magazine which I bought today.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

blackcharger

very rare indeed, but there are a few of them out there. Even the '69-'71 Cs have the places on the firewall were the clutch pedal linkage would have gone thru.

Dave

694spdRT

I noticed that car in the Autotrader as well. It would be a nice car once fixed up. I went to look at a Charger down in Iowa and the owner mentioned that someone had a 440 4 speed Fury in his town also.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

A few years ago I saw a white '68 Dodge Polara Station wagon for sale inna gas station, it was a 383 4 speed and the thing was really clean.
blue interior with a bench seat.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 26, 2005, 10:36:49 PM
A few years ago I saw a white '68 Dodge Polara Station wagon for sale inna gas station, it was a 383 4 speed and the thing was really clean.

:o THAT had to be a super rarity if it was all original! But I would still rather have the Fury. Station wagons just don't cut it for me :-X
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TeeWJay426

There are a few that were built; they are pretty rare, obviously. There was a '68 Polara convertible 383 4-speed that was for sale a few years ago in Nashua- the ad only lasted a couple of days, as did the car, I'm sure. I never even got the chance to call on it before the ad disappeared. :(
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Shakey

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 27, 2005, 05:21:39 AM
Quote from: Stratocharger on October 26, 2005, 10:36:49 PM

:o THAT had to be a super rarity if it was all original! But I would still rather have the Fury. Station wagons just don't cut it for me :-X

Wait 'til ya get a wife and kids  ::)

Blown70

I was in a salvage yard that I had been to a 100 times.  Well one day I had some extra time so I start opening hoods.....1969 Chrysler New Yorker with a 440 Magnum..... I thought could not be.... Look at the dash sure enough  It was coded for a 440 Magnum.......

I was told my a mopar guru that is very ODD and rare..... YES of course I took the engine out.... :devil:

Tom

hemi68charger

Yep,, they are pretty rare.. Came across a 67 Sports Fury once with a 440 and 4speed.. Pretty cool really...............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Chryco Psycho

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)