News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has any one on here ever made a real one of these???

Started by tripleblkr/t, October 08, 2008, 08:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BB1

Delete my profile

sunroofblacklee

Just got some comp locks and retainers from 440 source along with a bunch of other small goodies. Heard a few bad things about the factory locks and retainers on stealth heads so decided to switch them so I wouldnt have any issues down the road.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

moparheater

Sweet ride! Personally I think that more General Lee owners should find unique ways to honor the General like you're doing.

sunroofblacklee

just wanted to add some up to date photos, it's getting closer and I can't wait to drive this thing.

sunroofblacklee

engine shot, all ready for the car to be dropped down onto it.

sunroofblacklee

4 min later with the motor all bolted up, sorry about the crapy picture.

69*F5*SE

It's definitely a unique car.  It's turning out great.  What a great idea for a General.   :drool5:

Foreman72

Quote from: sunroofblacklee on June 24, 2009, 08:17:28 AM
just wanted to add some up to date photos, it's getting closer and I can't wait to drive this thing.

very very cool shot...sweet charger there :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparheater

66chargerkid

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Back N Black

That is the best GL that i have seen so far! Thats the way it should have looked in the TV series.  :2thumbs:

sunroofblacklee

Thanks for the nice comments guys, really appreciate it! I wanted to have it done before Carlisle but it's not looking good. Oh well It'll be ready for next's year show :2thumbs:. I can't wait to see what it looks like out side.

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

c00nhunterjoe

is that a 440 or a 383? and what headers are those, how did they fit?

Forza

Armudster

Cars like this make Duke Boys proud, nice work on there and awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

motorcitydak

I like the idea of having a black car with Ol' Jolly Roger (Skull and crossed bones) on top instead of the dixie flag. Maybe put "02" on the doors or something. I was planning on making my '68 orange with Jolly Roger on the truck, but I mite have to change my ideas around a little bit.
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 24, 2009, 08:36:44 PM
is that a 440 or a 383? and what headers are those, how did they fit?

It's a 440 with the tti headers. The fit was great, just had to grind a tab on the bellhousing just a bit on the passengers side. Putting the rest of the exhaust on tonight and wielding in the y pipe for the electronic cut outs. I not really sure what my favorite part of the cars going to be, sunroof, Dixie horns, electronic cutouts, or my engine (lol). I just need a little more money to finish this thing up, it's really breaking the bank.

Finn

Quote from: motorcitydak on June 24, 2009, 11:09:21 PM
I like the idea of having a black car with Ol' Jolly Roger (Skull and crossed bones) on top instead of the dixie flag. Maybe put "02" on the doors or something. I was planning on making my '68 orange with Jolly Roger on the truck, but I mite have to change my ideas around a little bit.
Not to bust your bubble but.........
Ive got a variant of the jolly roger on top of my black 68...
and 08 on the doors...
:coolgleamA:

Sunroof, it's looking amazing!  :drool5: Keep it up! :2thumbs:

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

Quote from: sunroofblacklee on June 25, 2009, 08:39:28 AM

Putting the rest of the exhaust on tonight and wielding in the y pipe for the electronic cut outs. I not really sure what my favorite part of the cars going to be, sunroof, Dixie horns, electronic cutouts, or my engine (lol). I just need a little more money to finish this thing up, it's really breaking the bank.

What kind of cutouts? Cost?  I know they make a low profile with no need to add a pipe.  Just make a hole and weld em in. 

What do you still need to finish(ie money for what) maybe I can help with something I have.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

sunroofblacklee

Hi Mike, thanks for your support but it's just a bunch of small things that will add up. I'm going to peg them off a little at a time. Here's my to do list..
-install my z bar
-buy new competition plus shifter and all new linkage and install
-put the rest of the exhaust on
-buy a brand new drive shaft
-new master, re due the front brakes and hook up all the brake lines
-kyb shocks
-buy all new light harnesses, maybe even put a new dash harness in it. Nervous about the one I have in it.
-install rear glass and front glass and install trim
-install new charger sail panel emblems, and rear r/t tail panel emblem
-new door handles and driver door remote mirror and then install new front door panels
-new gas cap from ab&e
-buy the front goodyear gt tires and have the mounted on my new vectors and install
-headliner, package tray, trim
-install a really nice sounding radio system
-also need new reverse lights, sockets on mine are pretty bad
-trunk mat
Should be pretty well finished up after all of this  :scratchchin:.

Foreman72

are you sure on the KYB shocks? may i suggest edelbrock IAS?
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat