News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has any one on here ever made a real one of these???

Started by tripleblkr/t, October 08, 2008, 08:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripleblkr/t

I never thought of ever making a general lee car untill I saw this model.  I thought it would be really cool to do one up like this one. Has any one on here ever done one up like it. It's different and that's why I like it.

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

Drache

If someone was going to Id suggest removing all the color from the flag and such! Make the flag in black and white like the "01" on the doors! That would look pretty sharp....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Todd Wilson

Put a pirate flag on it and call it Long John Silver!   :icon_smile_big:

Todd

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

41husk

I cany say I have ever seen a real one done like that, but there have been several variations of style and models done in tribute to DOH.  That one doesn't look bad, I'm sure some one will probably do it :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

CB

Quote from: Drache on October 08, 2008, 10:13:10 AM
If someone was going to Id suggest removing all the color from the flag and such! Make the flag in black and white like the "01" on the doors! That would look pretty sharp....

:iagree:  :yesnod:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Finn

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 08, 2008, 10:20:20 AM

Todd

well gosh darn it all.

Since the idea is floating around now I might as well tell you guys: this is exactly what my charger is getting in the paint shop right now.
All black, jolly roger on top, and 08 on the doors (favorite number). The flag, numbers, and stripe will be matching the wheels in a "gunmetal" gray color and as for naming it I cant decide on a name lol.
Ive always liked the general lee and seeing Mr Angry in bullrun got me thinking so I combined the two and came up with that^.
I was also thinking about getting a license plate frame that says "The General Lee doesn't have shit on me!" :D

*Oh and the engine is painted white and awaiting black zebra stripes. Just because I can.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Drache

Quote from: Finn on October 08, 2008, 01:30:20 PM
Since the idea is floating around now I might as well tell you guys: this is exactly what my charger is getting in the paint shop right now.
All black, jolly roger on top, and 08 on the doors (favorite number). The flag numbers and stripe will be matching the wheels in a "gunmetal" gray color and as for naming it I cant decide on a name lol.
Ive always liked the general lee and seeing Mr Angry in bullrun got me thinking so I combined the two and came up with that^.
I was also thinking about getting a license plate frame that says "The General Lee doesn't have shit on me!" :D

*Oh and the engine is painted white and awaiting black zebra stripes. Just because I can.

:o

That is exactly what I was going to do to the Aspen (right down to the 08) once I got the rollcage in and engine rebuilt!  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Brock Samson

Finn

Hey now!
Shun the non believer lol.
Its going to be b.a.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

G-man

A Black general lee seems to look awesome to me.

Like someone else said, just get ir of the colour in the flag..

Make a white outline (for the rectangle flag) and stick white stars in it (leave all the lines not the colour)

Would definately look good.

Hemidog

Joshua

UUUhhhhmmmmm..........errrrrrrr........hmmmm........bl....bl....bl.....RALPH

LaOtto70Charger

I made a model just like that once.  I used to think of doing my Charger up black with the burnt orange interior, put the American flag on the engine hood, a 10 on the door, put in a 440, and call it General Grant.  Then I graduated high school.

ac_knight

Todd

well gosh darn it all.

All black, jolly roger on top, and 08 on the doors (favorite number). The flag, numbers, and stripe will be matching the wheels in a "gunmetal" gray color and as for naming it I cant decide on a name lol.

I think you are on to something here.  I am totally for customizing, because its mine, and I can.

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: ac_knight on October 10, 2008, 07:24:23 PM

Todd

well gosh darn it all.

I think you are on to something here.  I am totally for customizing, because its mine, and I can.

amazing dude!!  I cannot wait to see pics of that!  It may very well by my favorite charger if it comes out how I think it will.  such a great idea!!!!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

THE COLONEL

I never thougt about removing the color from the flag!!  That would loo B..A..>!!!! :2thumbs:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

BMOTOXSTAR

I think in the 1st DOH episode the GL was black, or one of the 1st episodes.... :shruggy:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

JT01

In the last season the episode Happy birthday General Lee shows how the dukes boys got the General and fixed it up it was black when they got it and then trasformed. When I was little I had a General Lee model in allmost every color. The orange allways looks the best but I really liked my black one and I had a silver on that looked pretty sharp

tripleblkr/t

Well I'm ordering the stripes and this is how they'll look. If I dont like it I can always take them off.  I'll post some pics when I get them on.

73TXRallye440

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on October 14, 2008, 06:22:23 PM
Well I'm ordering the stripes and this is how they'll look. If I dont like it I can always take them off.  I'll post some pics when I get them on.

damn thats nice!

TripleBlackGator

I am diggin the B&W decals (or paint). Will the car be gloss black or satin? The decals would be nice "as is" but also ghosted and tattered (Like Kenny Wayne's flag). Like the General's evil twin or something that has come back from the dead to wreak havoc on the roads. My  :Twocents:.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Drache

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on October 14, 2008, 07:48:29 PM
I am diggin the B&W decals (or paint). Will the car be gloss black or satin? The decals would be nice "as is" but also ghosted and tattered (Like Kenny Wayne's flag). Like the General's evil twin or something that has come back from the dead to wreak havoc on the roads. My  :Twocents:.

Personally I would do it in Satin to give it that more evil twin look...  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dpm68

QuotePersonally I would do it in Satin to give it that more evil twin look...
That would be most Satinic (sp) - and eat some Devil's Food Cake while you're at it. Hell of a good time, I'm sure...