News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARNING - 70 Charger auction on EBAY not legitimate

Started by Dodge Don, October 06, 2008, 06:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

There is a 70 Charger XH base model currently on EBAY. The auction is not legitimate. The 70 Charger Registry knows that this car was recently in an accident. The pictures in the auction are from BEFORE the accident. We have contacted EBAY to alert them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260295985012

Car today

Drache

O....M.....G.....  :o

Hope the diver was ok! Probably wasn't after seeing what happened to their charger though....  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mopar2Ya

Thanks for the heads up. Damn scammers. I was watching that too.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Dodge Don

Quote from: Drache on October 06, 2008, 08:12:18 AM

Hope the diver was ok! Probably wasn't after seeing what happened to their charger though....  :rotz:

The driver survived......he's the one selling it on EBAY!!

moparstuart

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 06, 2008, 08:48:31 AM
Quote from: Drache on October 06, 2008, 08:12:18 AM

The driver survived......he's the one selling it on EBAY!!
so is now the sale legit? and has the car been fixed ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

suntech

Wonder how he was planning of getting away with that!!!! I mean, what would he do if somebody wanted to come and see it in person, or like many people here in Europe do, have a trusted person to see it for you!!! :shruggy:
Ohwell.............. got caught with his pants down this time!!! :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Chris G.

Quote from: moparstuart on October 06, 2008, 09:08:17 AM
so is now the sale legit? and has the car been fixed ?

Car is not fixed. He is registered with us, and he had that accident around June. He is telling me that the car is wrecked, but he is running an auction so his Ins. Co. can get a better value of the car....rrrrrriiiiggghttt that's the ticket. If that were the case, I will list my car and you guys can bid it up to a million. That will help me get a nice check from my company.  ;)

I feel bad for the guy, but what he's doing now is totally unacceptable.

Original thread... http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5573&start=0

RECHRGD

Well, something goofy is going on.  The high bid was a 10K a little bit ago and now a new bidder jumps in three times bidding 35K, then 55K and now up to 80K.  I guess the market for these cars is really coming back in a hurry.  :icon_smile_big:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69*F5*SE

What a shame. The car looks like it was very nice originally. Too bad the owner/seller is off his rocker.

moparstuart

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bill440rt

My favorite line: "THIS VEHICLE IS PROBABLY 98% ORIGINAL."   :smilielol:  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Now, a wrecked Charger is hardly a laughing matter, but c'mon. I don't know of ANY insurance company that will take an eBay auction for face value on a vehicle. Not gonna happen.

As far as fixing the car, a BASE MODEL Charger with that kind of impact & side damage? Personally, it's toast.  :brickwall:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

royt440

He's added a note that this car is not the same as the totalled car, just a duplicate that has the same license plates :icon_smile_wink:.

Those supper high bids aren't displaying.  Does ebag remove bids that are cancelled or withdrawn.  It was at 10k when I looked.

CharcoalCharger

Well they did quite a detailed job on the car used in the "documentary".  The cars sure look to be the same one to me...even with the side moulding, triad on roof, door edge guards, etc.  The only thing not the same are the wheels, and they can be easily changed.  Vinyl top replaced when painted, if I'm reading the tag info he gave the car didn't come with one.   :shruggy:

I'll have to keep an eye on this one to see what happens... :popcrn:

Dodge Don

Quote from: royt440 on October 06, 2008, 03:18:05 PM
He's added a note that this car is not the same as the totalled car, just a duplicate that has the same license plates :icon_smile_wink:.

That is total BS. Both Chris and I have sent him notes and he admitted exactly what he was doing. At first I thought it was annoying but somewhat harmless however now I think he is totally trying to scam someone. I have alerted EBAY again that this is fraud. I thought for sure after we called him on this that he would shut down the auction but I was wrong.

moparstuart

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 06, 2008, 03:48:52 PM
Quote from: royt440 on October 06, 2008, 03:18:05 PM

That is total BS. Both Chris and I have sent him notes and he admitted exactly what he was doing. At first I thought it was annoying but somewhat harmless however now I think he is totally trying to scam someone. I have alerted EBAY again that this is fraud. I thought for sure after we called him on this that he would shut down the auction but I was wrong.

what he needed to do was get some comps that have sold or get an independent appraisal  :Twocents:

Chris G.

After all is said and done, I think he is doing this for the "What it could have been worth before the wreck" scenario. He told me in his first reply that the reserve was huge so he was just fishing to see what it would have sold for before the wreck.

Still not cool how he is going about it. I have a bunch of emails from him after it happened, and there's no way in hell that there's a duplicate car. The guy has 100% feedback, I wonder why he is going at this the way he is?  :shruggy:

ps- It was a sublime car originally. Pretty cool and rare base model Charger.

Charger_Fan

I'm wondering if each of those bidders has been told that they're not bidding on the car as it appears in the pics? If they were, I'd assume that each bidder would retract their bids immediately. Even more strange is the fact that eGouge has let this auction continue to live. :ahum:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1969chargerrtse

Another example of the hard and productive work from the registry guys.  Thanks Chris.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

nillle

On Oct-06-08 at 12:10:18 PDT, seller added the following information:

some people are concerened about this car beeg totalled. we used another one identical in a documentary and used this plate to make it look original. I have the other car if anyone is interested.

My first thought is..in what kinda documentary do you wreck a Charger???

Then did you notice both the wrecked car and the car in the auction has a blue motor. They sure had it all covered for that documentary... :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger SE

69bronzeT5

Quote from: nillle on October 07, 2008, 04:37:53 AM

My first thought is..in what kinda documentary do you wreck a Charger???

A Ford one? :D

What a waste. :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Dodge Don

Well I've contacted EBAY twice now regarding this fraud and provided them with the links to the crash pictures and explained how the seller admitted what he was doing......yet nothing has been done.  :brickwall:

The70RT

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 08, 2008, 06:33:30 PM
Well I've contacted EBAY twice now regarding this fraud and provided them with the links to the crash pictures and explained how the seller admitted what he was doing......yet nothing has been done.  :brickwall:

I guess they figure they will make money if they let it run  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

e-bay laid off 1,500 people yesterday... i think they're a little busy cleaning out their desks...  :-\

Dodge Don

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 08, 2008, 06:45:47 PM
e-bay laid off 1,500 people yesterday... i think they're a little busy cleaning out their desks...  :-\

Hadn't thought of that.

The70RT

Sounds like it is time to list this old NOS Daisey BB gun from the 1960's  :D

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on October 08, 2008, 07:10:07 PM

you'll shoot your eye out !     does it have a compass in the stock ?

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on October 09, 2008, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: The70RT on October 08, 2008, 07:10:07 PM

you'll shoot your eye out !     does it have a compass in the stock ?

No.

SFRT

im confused..is he showing pictures of a different car but actually selling the wreck? or has he patched up the wreck and is selling that?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rustafarian

He's not selling anything.  He's fishing for an ebay value of the car based on pictures taken prior to the wreck
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

Drache

Quote from: SFRT on October 09, 2008, 12:52:46 PM
im confused..is he showing pictures of a different car but actually selling the wreck? or has he patched up the wreck and is selling that?

He has two stories. One story given to the Charger guys was that he was using the action as a means to figure out what his car was worth before it was wrecked for insurance purposes.

Yet His ebay story is that this car is a totally different car that just looks the same.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

The70RT

You must have missed some posts. He is trying to get an idea on the value of the wrecked car for his insurance....supposedly  :eyes: He actually is selling nothing. He states the wrecked one is available though.

SFRT

bizarre. his car is worth whatever the 'agreed' value is. if he didnt have a previous agreement they are gonna give him the low-ball NADA price at most.

my insurance company says my car is worth X, end of story. based on pictures, an appraisal and reciepts. how will an 'ebay value' be of any use to him?

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Drache

Quote from: SFRT on October 09, 2008, 01:13:00 PM
bizarre. his car is worth whatever the 'agreed' value is. if he didnt have a previous agreement they are gonna give him the low-ball NADA price at most.

my insurance company says my car is worth X, end of story. based on pictures, an appraisal and reciepts. how will an 'ebay value' be of any use to him?

It's not it was just an excuse I believe when someone confronted him about the fact.....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

472 R/T SE

Quote from: SFRT on October 09, 2008, 12:52:46 PM
im confused..

I'm guessin' he's hoping for just that.

It baffles me why folks with an old car don't have an agreed value w/ their insurance co. prior to this.  And I say this after I just finally insured both my cars with a collector insurance outfit after 25 years of using standard insurance companies.  ::)  It's pretty telling when they actually told me I needed to insure my cars with someone else just in case.

chargerkid01

check the auction now he is saying the wrecked car and the charger in the add are not the same some sort of documentary!! BULLSHIT!!!