News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what fenders were used no a 70 superbird?

Started by troy.70R/T, October 05, 2008, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I know 69 Daytonas used 70 charger fenders but what did 70 superbirds use  70 coronet fenders?

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

A383Wing

And you have to modify them as well if I'm not mistaken

Bryan

troy.70R/T

What modifications would that be other than the fender scoop and cutting the bottom front for the valance? does anyone have a picture? I building a Daytona clone but was just interested in how to superbird fender is modified.

A383Wing

Coronet fender will not work on a Daytona clone....you must use the '70 Charger fender....

Bryan

gtx6970

lead is added to the top leading edge of the fender in addition to the lower valance modifications

Aero426

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 05, 2008, 08:03:32 PM
lead is added to the top leading edge of the fender in addition to the lower valance modifications

The lead (or other filler that you might use today) is added to that top leading edge to make it match the contour of the nose cone. 

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: DougSchellinger on October 05, 2008, 08:30:20 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on October 05, 2008, 08:03:32 PM

The lead (or other filler that you might use today) is added to that top leading edge to make it match the contour of the nose cone. 
True, but the main mod part is cutting off and bending the lower front fender to accept the the fender ext

oldcarnut

Does anyone have a pic of an unpainted fender showing the added filler?

pettybird

look in the '70's era' thread--CornDog posted a couple pics after blasting. 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

oldcarnut

Thanks, I've been following it.  Been great and saving the pics as a reference source  :2thumbs: for when I start putting the clone together.   Unless I missed something, he had said that the lead had been removed already in the pics of the fenders from the dip.  I was hoping to find somewhere a pic of what the unpainted buildup should look like on the fender so I could have a better idea of what I'm supposed to do to the fender conversion.  The fenders are the last thing I need to get but I'm following up on some potential sources.
David

GeneralLeeTESH

Look at the seattle craigslist. There is a 70 fender for sale on it for $ 100 
The TESH