News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Two Seriously Optioned '70 R/T's

Started by JohnnyBee, October 04, 2008, 12:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

I was looking threw some of my images and found these two. The FK5 has a Sunroof.

472 R/T SE

Sublime car's tag looks like a repop. 

fk5 is loaded up.  You don't see a lot of them with luggage rack & sunroof.

My car is one option away from being a two tag car.

69CoronetRT

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

WingCharger

JohnnyBee

The70RT

How can you tell the sublime one is a repop?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

JohnnyBee

Dodge Don

Chris G.

The FK5 car is owned by Jerry Hubbell (pic below). I need to find and scan the article from a while back. They actually "simulated" rust on the underside of the car to make it look more authentic. Very Cool car.

The second car is sort of odd. Yes the tag is a repop, but they had the broadcast sheet for this car and they still messed it up. Everything from the build date, to the phantom A36...which simply didn't exist on this car. Not sure what they were aiming for with that tag, which by the was is not very seriously optioned.

Larger Pic Here:
http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/1970-Charger-Pictures/jerryhubble?full=1

CharcoalCharger

Quote from: JohnnyBee on October 04, 2008, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 04, 2008, 05:32:28 PM
Quote from: The70RT on October 04, 2008, 05:23:58 PM
How can you tell the sublime one is a repop?

PM coming.

PM Me too Please.

PM me too, please.  I'm still learning codes.  It amazes me how good some of you guys are at spotting fakes or decoding tags.  Thanks.

nh_mopar_fan

Spike

Just look at the two tags and compare the differences.
In the right corner there is a K stamped through the tag and there is also on top of the P31 (power windows) the tag has been stamped from the top side as well.
You will also notice the upper left hand corner of the tag bent, this happened on the assembly line. One screw was put in the tag to hold it in place and the tag was bent up so when the car was painted so there would be paint under the tag, then the other screw was installed.

Dodge Don

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 05, 2008, 08:06:55 AM
Why not just post the info on here?

Because the TAG examples noted above were 70 Charger tags built at St Louis assembly plant. The ability of us to spot fake 70 Charger tags does not translate to other plants. Because we focus just on 70 Chargers we can tell. We can also tell that tag info is wrong on the FJ5 car...that's a benefit of having a Registry...we can tell.

Chris G.

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 05, 2008, 08:35:19 AM
Because the TAG examples noted above were 70 Charger tags built at St Louis assembly plant. The ability of us to spot fake 70 Charger tags does not translate to other plants. Because we focus just on 70 Chargers we can tell. We can also tell that tag info is wrong on the FJ5 car...that's a benefit of having a Registry...we can tell.

Good point Don. People asking why that tag is a repop might not understand that we are strictly referring to a '70 tag. A guy with a '69 tag from say a Hamtramck car, may not benefit from this info. Same goes for any year and any plant.

All '70 Chargers were built in St. Louis, which makes it so much nicer and easier for us.

472 R/T SE

Or like Barry does or doesn't do.  Give out too much information for the scammers' to use.  :shruggy:

The information's out there if a person digs around on the 'net for it.  I'm just trying to do my part in making low lifes dig for it.  :Twocents:

The sublime car has a broadcast sheet which I didn't know.  But the tag supposedly is still built wrong.  If I were to buy a car I'd rather not find out later the tag was manipulated with false inspector stampings and options it didn't leave the factory with.

69 OUR/TEA

Did'nt really pay attention to mine,just noticed  as Spike said about the tag being lifted,painted and then put back down, mine done in the same fashion.Also the inspectors tag still in place.

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: Chris G. on October 04, 2008, 08:27:16 PM

The second car is sort of odd. Yes the tag is a repop, but they had the broadcast sheet for this car and they still messed it up. Everything from the build date,

Hi Chris,

the tag is a repro for sure but the build date looks right to me being 16th september with a 123k VIN in St. Louis

Carsten

Chris G.

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on October 06, 2008, 05:21:16 PM
Hi Chris,
the tag is a repro for sure but the build date looks right to me being 16th september with a 123k VIN in St. Louis
Carsten

Hi Carsten,

It's close (off by a day). The owner has a broadcast sheet for the car with the build date clearly in view. For some reason they used the wrong day. We currently have no 123xxx cars built on the 16th. That doesn't meant they don't exist, but as of now we don't have one.

Chris  :wave:

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Chris,

thanks for the explanantion. If someone has a broadcastsheet why does someone make such a mistake? Really stupid.
I have a fender tag from a 70 gtx (stlouis) being an original tag and its sequence number is 1234xx being built on the 16th of september.
If you want to, I will e-mail the tag to you.

Carsten

1969chargerrtse

All done and said, those are two beautiful examples of the beauty of the 70 Charger.  If I wasn't so Ga Ga over the 69, I'd want one of those.   :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dodge Don

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on October 06, 2008, 06:04:38 PM
Hi Chris,

thanks for the explanantion. If someone has a broadcastsheet why does someone make such a mistake? Really stupid.
I have a fender tag from a 70 gtx (stlouis) being an original tag and its sequence number is 1234xx being built on the 16th of september.
If you want to, I will e-mail the tag to you.

Carsten

We know the production date is a day off (should be 915) because we have cars with sequence numbers greater than this one confirmed with a 915 date. The VIN sequence 1234XX would definitely fall in the 916 date.