News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Was this a second trim tag on my 69 Charger?

Started by 69ISFINALLYMINE, October 01, 2008, 09:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69ISFINALLYMINE

This pic is of the trim tag on my 69 Charger along with what appears to be the outline of a missing second tag.  The car is a non-SE model but has many options.  I am just wondering if it had a second trim tag or if there used to be some other interesting tag next to it.  Any info or thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Doc

69ISFINALLYMINE

Do you think it could have been some kind of a warranty plate?

Ghoste

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on October 02, 2008, 04:00:08 AM
Or an emission sticker.

:yesnod:  thats what i'm thinking also ......... :yesnod:      looks like   who ever stuck it on in the factory , placed to too close to the fender tag  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69ISFINALLYMINE

Whatever it was, it was attached mechanically, not with adhesive.  The single mark near the center of the outlined area is what is left of either a rivet, spot weld, or twisted off screw. 

Besides, an EMISSIONS sticker on a non-californian '69? 

Doc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or an emission sticker.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Your main tag isnt full enough with options to justify a second option tag.  I have yet to see a 69 Charger so heavilly optioned that it would constitute a second tag....

Was the car built for export?  Its possible it could be an export tag of some sort
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Is it an A/C car?  If so, it might be a place where the screw would have held down the a/c line?  Still looks like a decal or something to me. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69CoronetRT

Or an emission sticker.

:2thumbs: 

A 'dimple' in that general area is not uncommon.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

resq302

Thats kind of what I was eluding to.  Looking at MoparJohn's car which was built 3 days before mine, I found out what the extra dimples were for.  The dimples on mine were actually for mounting clips for his a/c lines and his screws that held his cruise control unit down.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69CoronetRT

I agree with the front one being for the clip that holds the A/C line.

Does the Auto Pilot mount that close to the tag on a 69?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

resq302

No, the cruise control unit gets mounted closer to the master cylinder but up on the inner fender like the fender tag.
Brian

oestermarken

Quote from: 69ISFINALLYMINE on October 01, 2008, 09:29:27 PM
This pic is of the trim tag on my 69 Charger along with what appears to be the outline of a missing second tag.  The car is a non-SE model but has many options.  I am just wondering if it had a second trim tag or if there used to be some other interesting tag next to it.  Any info or thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Doc

My 69 WHS looks exactly like yours.. My friends 69 RR has a sticker in that place. so my guess is: no second trim tag, but a missing sticker :Twocents:
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

69ISFINALLYMINE

I see now.  I actually went to the Carlisle, PA swap today and several mopars were there (I didn't see any Chargers).  With the hoods up I was able to look at the trim tag area on a couple of cars and I saw those same dimples.  FYI, it was very obvious on a Coronet that I looked at.  I also saw a couple of cars with emissions stickers close to that location, as someone else here also mentioned. 

So once again you all have been helpful in answering my mystery questions.  Now if I can just find a solid, ready to run 742 sure grip with 3.55 gears I'll be in business.  None at Carlisle yesterday or today.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Ghoste

I have a 742 SG with 3:55's but you can't have it.  (so now you've almost found one  :icon_smile_big: )