News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Carbs!

Started by Bobs69, October 03, 2008, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

I'm looking to get a 750 double pump part# 4779.

Question is, I haven't decided on new or what.  Anyhow for fun looking at ebay and so forth.  Some have #4779C or #4779S  far as I can determine from the holley site the letter indicates the type of finish.  What if there is 0-4779c or 1-4779c  or something like that.  What the other set of number(s) in front mean????

firefighter3931

Bob, the prefix numbers just designate a series for that specific model carb. The lower numbers just mean the carb is chronologically older in age....the function will be the same. Make sure you purchase a carb with 4 corner idle.  :yesnod:

I really like the Proform double pumper carbs....lots of nice tuning features  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Bobs69

What is the benifit of having 4 corner idle?  What does it do?  Make it run smoother at idle??

What is Proform, is that a company that took a holley and improved on it like Demon?

Ghoste

Yes, and yes.  The answer to both questions is really about tunability and the improvements to it.

Bobs69

Allright, tell me what you think of this deal I found in the online classifieds.  Holley double pumper, 750, 4779.  Comes with Jet kit, extra power valve and an electric gauge.  $300 Canadian.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=89658683&img=http%3A%2F%2Fkijiji.ebayimg.com%2Fi3%2F02%2Fk%2F000%2F7e%2F35%2Fcb57_18.JPG

Bobs69

Ghoste

If you have the choice and all things being equal, the Pro Form and benefits like four corner idle are worth getting.  However, if you find a great deal on plain old vanilla Holley, you'll have to ask yourself how much money a four corner idle is worth to you.  We've lived with two corner a long time.

Bobs69

Ghoste, are you saying you own a 2 corner idle with a good ol' fashion Holley?  Is that carb a good deal (the one in the link?)

Ghoste

I have the old fashioned two corner idle, yes.  As for whether or not thats a good deal, I don't know.  My initial answer is a guarded yes.  It would depend on how boogered up it is inside.  Also, it's a while since I bought a carb new or used so I truthfully don't know how that one compares to a new or to a Pro Form.  Ron?