News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

YEEEEEHHHAAA (not a helpgag thread)

Started by Pistolpete, October 26, 2005, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

SHE FINALLY MADE IT !!
I did take possession of My 69 R/T 440 4 spd. yesterday, It was cold and rainy up here in T.O. but I certainly didn't care! me and a buddy headed down to the Canada customs yard in my area to pick her up. The customs agent (female) says - you paid HOW much for that car (she had inspected it prior to my getting my chance) as she tried to hold back a giggle unsuccessfully, I was about to get into the whole one of only 3605 speech but I figured she wouldn't get it anyway. mind you on the way out another agent (male) actually stops me as I'm pulling out and starts with the 20 questions, anyway this guys impressed all to hell and practically begs me to bring it back so he can see it once the resto is done!!
Anyway I have NEVER seen people get so excited about a car in my life (I've owned two camaro Z28's one Corvette and a Roadrunner GTX)- I got 14 thumbs up on my way home, countless grins and stares and I'm pretty sure I heard one YEEEHHAAAWW !!!!!! and it was only a half hour ride! (Is this normal for you guys?)
Anyway, I finally get it to my buddies place (he used to restore cars in California) and we start digging in right away, out comes the rear seat and BINGO the build sheet is there and actually in pretty good condition although its a little hard to read! We peel back the carpet and the floors are just about as close to perfect as I dared to imagine, the trunk (pan and lip) and the lower quarter panels are the only places that we could figure need welding! The rest was all metal baby !! (original paint??)

He was gonna work on it today so I'll post an update once I get home.... enjoy these pics for now
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Shakey

Hey Pete, that's great!  :thumbs:

Congrats!  Nice to see another Charger R/T in the area!  :thumbs:

Nice score on the car and the build sheet!  :thumbs:

As far as Customs Agents, say as little as possible, no matter what!  Always.  Get in and get out.

Good job.

Pistolpete

ooppss, almost forgot, add the rear valence to the "metal needed" section....Oh and I think the idiots at the depot squashed the front passenger side of the valence as well - hopefully it can be reworked without too much trouble otherwise I 'm in the market for front and rear valences if anyones sellin' ??
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

thanks shaley r u from Toronto as well?

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Pistolpete on October 26, 2005, 02:57:26 PM

Anyway I have NEVER seen people get so excited about a car in my life (I've owned two camaro Z28's one Corvette and a Roadrunner GTX)- I got 14 thumbs up on my way home, countless grins and stares and I'm pretty sure I heard one YEEEHHAAAWW !!!!!! and it was only a half hour ride! (Is this normal for you guys?)

Of course it's normal! :icon_smile_approve:

Congrats again on your score, make sure to register that baby with the 69 registry. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MyMopar

Great deal.   How did you come about finding the car?   People looking, trade publication, etc..
Looks like a nice project car, one that doesn't need a boat load of work.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I believe I got him already!!   
The front valances are reproed by Goodmark pretty reasonably (about $170)

Also is that the orig dealer sticker on the left side of the trunk?    Save that baby!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Nice score Pete ! Good to see another one north of the border. I've got a spare front valance that's a little banged up but rustfree. I'll donate it to the "Pistol Pete" project if that helps to get things moving along. I'm 4hrs east but i get down there fairly often....should be in TO sometime next month.

Weren't you looking for a 440 ? There's a guy with 3 for sale....ad is in this weeks I SELL magazine. I can get the phone # if need be. Lemme know....

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Doc74

Sweeeeeeet !
More pics more pics more pics !!!

Awesome project, any ideas on what it will look like when finished ? Stock or artistic liberty ?

Blown70

I have two fronts but they are being re-popped too.  Mine would take that in work to get them in shape as far as the front ones.

GOOD BUY....NICE FIND.... :icon_smile_big:

Yes you will get looks

Blown70

Old Moparz

Cool Charger, & it looks to be in decent shape.   :2thumbs:

BTW, nice taste in trucks, I have one like that too.   :icon_smile_big:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats!  Gotta love it.   Good luck!   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Tom_440

Nice score! Long trip from Arizona. Have fun with it!

Pistolpete

Thanks guys, I'm off to my buddies place to try and get a couple hours work in on it before the wife and daughter get back from girl scouts, I'll fill you in on the story about how I tracked it down and a little history when I get back, heres a couple more pics til' then...

Yes, I'm still looking for a 440 (haven't been able to finalize anything with RM Mobarn) , both valences and drivers side front grill (and I piece) .........

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Shakey

Quote from: Pistolpete on October 26, 2005, 03:05:47 PM
thanks shaley r u from Toronto as well?

Yeah, I work in the west end of the city and reside in the 'burbs, about 30 minutes west.

Your car really looks good & straight.  I'd also like to hear how you found it.

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BrianShaughnessy

Gunslinger makes a nice I piece.    It's metal... don't bother with the plastic one.   
Goodmark makes a nice front bumper.
Repro front valance works pretty dang good.   

Once again... congrats and good luck.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Pistolpete

thanks guys,

ron and 69charger2002, I'd love the info on those engines if ya got'em...please let me know (and that valence ron)

gotta run but got a great story on the car already, Ill post next time........
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

firefighter3931

Quote from: Pistolpete on October 26, 2005, 08:27:42 PM
thanks guys,

ron and 69charger2002, I'd love the info on those engines if ya got'em...please let me know (and that valence ron)

gotta run but got a great story on the car already, Ill post next time........

Pete, i'll send you a pm with the phone # for the 440's....613 area code (Eastern Ontario). You can call him for details. The valance is yours if you want it...... that'll cost ya a beer !   :icon_smile_big:   :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

CNH 320

Cool dude  :icon_smile_approve:

Hope you have fun with your R/T  :yesnod:

Pistolpete

thanks ron, done, let me know when you're around.
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

cudaken

Looks like a good start Pet. Is the orginal 440 missing or blew up real good. :devil:

Cuda Ken
I am back

Pistolpete

so far just missing, I've heard of people tracking the oringinal engine down, is this true? to the best of my knowledge, the car spent the vast majority of its life in the Yuma AZ area.

where would I start and for that matter how do you go about getting background info on the car itself?
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd