News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargerman68 here's the story and its not pretty

Started by Rat Exterminator, September 10, 2008, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rat Exterminator

Check was cashed at my bank, I'm confident that it's fine, but won't know for sure for 10 days. Its been entertaining but I think this horse has been beat to death a couple times. I'll post pics of the charger in a couple weeks on a new post. New motor only lasted 200 miles, and thats been repaired but it will be a couple weeks before its back together and out on the road. Greg

bull

Quote from: Rat Exterminator on October 04, 2008, 07:08:54 AM
Check was cashed at my bank, I'm confident that it's fine, but won't know for sure for 10 days. Its been entertaining but I think this horse has been beat to death a couple times. I'll post pics of the charger in a couple weeks on a new post. New motor only lasted 200 miles, and thats been repaired but it will be a couple weeks before its back together and out on the road. Greg

I don't know about that. Sounds like we have another 10 days of beatin' before we're finished.
:horse:

TUFCAT

if the check was "cashed" - - meaning you left there with a pile of cash in your hand.... I guess you're fine.

Blown70

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 04, 2008, 07:42:30 AM
if the check was "cashed" - - meaning you left there with a pile of cash in your hand.... I guess you're fine.

Not unless that is where the check was written from.  They will just take it back out of another one of your accounts.  TRUST ME I HAVE HAD A BAD CHECK OR TWO to deal with.  The bank will not lose money there.

bull

Quote from: Blown70 on October 04, 2008, 08:29:46 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on October 04, 2008, 07:42:30 AM

Not unless that is where the check was written from.  They will just take it back out of another one of your accounts.  TRUST ME I HAVE HAD A BAD CHECK OR TWO to deal with.  The bank will not lose money there.

:yesnod:

69_500

Quote from: Rat Exterminator on October 04, 2008, 07:08:54 AM

Looking forward to a new post on your car. If I recall right there was a thread on the car a few years back, but no pictures that I can think of.

hemi-hampton

I've cashed checks & then had them bounce & they just take the money from your account so you do lose out. Your not in the clear yet. :shruggy: LEON.

Drache

I know here in Canada if you are given a check and take it to the same bank where the account of the person who wrote the check is you can get it cashed there for a $5 fee if you aren't a member. They look up on the computers to make sure the money is in the account first, then hand the cash to you, and adjust the account there instantly.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

The70RT

Quote from: Drache on October 04, 2008, 06:24:51 PM
I know here in Canada if you are given a check and take it to the same bank where the account of the person who wrote the check is you can get it cashed there for a $5 fee if you aren't a member. They look up on the computers to make sure the money is in the account first, then hand the cash to you, and adjust the account there instantly.

That's pretty much standard besides the 5 dollar charge. Bank of America use to untill they had complaints. If the check is out of state you have to wait 10 days. My experience anyway.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us