News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro Mod Superbird

Started by Howie, October 03, 2008, 02:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie

While doing duty overseas here I was able to take a saturday off that coincided with the pro mod nationals at santa pod England. Wouldn`t you know what I found in the pits. It is a new car that has just been built.  The guy is from the south end. Which is south of london. The body was made over here as I was asking about it and was told the body quote from the states was to high so it too was made here.

moparstuart

wow they have the texas big bird over there also !!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Howie

That was my first impression as they buy our older cars and import them over here. I went to a final event in 2007 here and saw 5 or 6 of our top fuel cars in the pits.  Here is another pic

Howie

pushed the wrong button. Here you go

Howie

Here`s your nose stuart! :icon_smile_big:.

moparstuart

my nose aint that big     :slap:

Howie

No but I`ll bet yours is heavier.  Sorry to hear about your birdable luck going to st louie! If only this car was green.

moparstuart

hotrod98

I like it a lot more than the Texas Big Bird.

I love Top Fuel.  Can't wait for Vegas...just four more weeks.  We're attending the NHRA breakfast on Wednesday. Ashley Force, Hillary Will, Melanie Troxel, Peggy Llewellyn and Karen Stouffer will be there this year.

We should have held on to our Funny cars Howie. They're worth big bucks now.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Dave Kanofsky

I had heard Texas Big Bird had ended up in France or something like that - what's the chance that this car is it, or at least parts of it?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

Howie

This is not The Texas Bird. I spoke with one of the guys while they were getting ready for another round. I was told it is a new car that has just been built. This I think is the first time out with the car. The guy was telling me it is all new.

moparstuart

i dont really like the shape of the car or the placement of the wing .  I guess it was all dont for aerodynamic's

IowaCharger69

To me it looks like someone just modified an 80's Corvette mold and added a wing.

Howie

How you get a corvette out of this is beyond me. Everyone has his own opinon. Myself I like it. Sure isn`t no chebby motor in it.

Jon Smith

texas big bird is in the hands of a well known mopar racer about 60 miles or so from me...I think there is a thread on it somewhere on here
this one is a completely different car...be good to see them race each other smoetime :coolgleamA:

IowaCharger69

Quote from: Howie on October 07, 2008, 05:44:50 AM
How you get a corvette out of this is beyond me. Everyone has his own opinon. Myself I like it. Sure isn`t no chebby motor in it.

You're absolutely right. These two cars don't look anything alike....

GeneralLeeTESH

Man- Petty should drive THIS style/sloped Sbird @ NASCAR...and throw Toyota the hell outta NASCAR  period !!!
The TESH

Foreman72

:o that thing is insane!! blazing fast i bet
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on October 07, 2008, 05:44:50 AM
looks like a duster from the back

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on October 07, 2008, 10:16:24 AM

I thought the exact same thing, Stuart.  Duster with a wing...   :yesnod:

IowaCharger69

Quote from: hemigeno on October 07, 2008, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 07, 2008, 10:16:24 AM

I thought the exact same thing, Stuart.  Duster with a wing...   :yesnod:

Ha! I totally see that! Fastest Duster alive, from behind at least...

GeneralLeeTESH

G-Damned awesome...and HEMI powered  !!!
The TESH