News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How big is your compressor?

Started by hemi68charger, September 29, 2008, 06:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I got a 5hp, 60gal upright.....220v......has not failed me yet....

Bryan

Bandit72

i know a guy here in town who built his own, he used the compressor from one of those big cooler rooms like in restaurants and liquor stores and such....i dont' remember what he had for a tank on it. It was powered by a 220 electric motor of some sort. That thing would make some air!
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Steve P.

I have an 80 Gal, DeVilbiss. 6.5 HP, 2 stage.  It will keep up with everything except my blast cabinet. BUT, my back can't take allot of blasting so it works out..  :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BigBlockSam

i want to get a 60 gallon. upright  but i don't have 220 in the shed and i can't find a 60 gallon. 110 . my 40 gallon doesn't keep up with the body work  i do .  :shruggy:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Mike DC

( Thanks for the compliments back there, a couple of you.   :cheers: )

hemi68charger

Thanks to all for your input..................  Maybe for Christmas.............. 
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rav440

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 30, 2008, 02:07:15 PM

Rule of thumb when purchasing a compressor...........If you can afford it, it's too small.

:smilielol: :cheers: :smilielol: :2thumbs: :smilielol:

i got a 60 gal 6 hp to replace my 30 gal 1 1/2 hp . now im looking for a bigger compressor . the 60 runs my sand blasting cabinet fine but not to my standards . so im shopping around again .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Steve P.

For everyone looking for a compressor to use for a blast cabinet or open blaster, you should make sure the new compressor is made for CONTINUOUS DUTY. Also keep in mind that the aluminum heads are noisier than iron and the bigger the intake filter is the better all the way around.

:Twocents:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida