News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moonshine Hauling MoPars?

Started by WingCharger, October 02, 2008, 06:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

I was watching a show on Mooshiners on TV yesterday, and it focused a lot on the vehicles. Of course, the '40s Fords were big, and they went into detail with guys putting the Caddy 500 Ambulance engines into them. But, they interviewed a guy with a '66 Coronet with a 440, and that got me thinking. I wonder if back in the day the HEMI's ever hauled moonshine? :D :D When you think about it, the mopars had big trunks, strong suspensions, and motors that truly follow "no replacement for displacement." That sounds just about pefect. :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mike DC

Yeah, they most definitely did use some muscle-era Mopars for that stuff. 

The concept for the General Lee itself came at least partly from the real life car known as "Traveler," a white 1957 Chrysler with an early Hemi motor & additional rear springs that hauled shine.  (Traveler was the name of the historic Robert E. Lee's horse.)  The '57 still exists and it is restored today.