News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a '66 fury III

Started by Harlow, October 09, 2008, 10:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

Well I might be speaking too soon, but the deal should go through. I've been after a car but could never catch anyone home. I finally got someone home and it turns out the county is making him get rid of 6 of his cars. I asked him to name a price and he said I could have them all for 2k, he also said I could just have them, but made the deal for 2k. They all run. I'll be getting a 88 mustang lx (5.0 5 speed) black with newer wheels/tires, 66 plymouth fury III 2 door (318 w/ratchet shifter, newer paint), 2 1960's ford work trucks, a 1985 mercury and a 1985 bronco. Hes going to call when he feels up to working on getting them all out of there. I'll post pictures when I get the fury home. I'm excited to drive the 5.0 mustang, from what I've heard they're pretty fast cars. I'm hoping to work a deal for cash, work around the property, or both...whatever he wants for the '40 ford coupe he has. I've been after that car for a while. Should be fun to mess with the fury. I'll be able to sell the other cars for a profit. So I'll make a little money and get a mopar to mess with...and hopefully the '40 ford coupe.

Kevin68N71

Sounds like you bought some interesting stuff.

I have a 1988 GT 5.0, it was my first new car.  I will eventually give it to my son.  It was my regular, daily driver until 1998.  It has 197,000 miles on it, and all I have replaced is one fuel injector, the water pump, fuel pump, brakes, lots of tires, and the alternator a couple of times.  I have never had a valve cover or head off the car.  I got 179,000 out out of the ORIGINAL clutch.

The car still pulls well, and can easily top 130mph.  Contemporary road tests pegged the top end at 148 mph.  Plus you get really good handling.  The 87-92 are under-appreciated cars, and if you can find one that has not been screwed around with or thrashed, you have something.  The 5.0 cars are completely different than the other LX models of the time, suspension, fitments, you name it. 

Among the great things on this car, is the stainless steel exhaust system, the 5 speed transmission, the quadrashock reinforced suspension, adjustable clutch, and a host of available options.  My GT is power everything.  The car feels much faster and pulls much harder than you would expect from 225 hp.

Down side are some of the plastic pieces in the interior like to dis-integrate, like the seat belt holders, but fortunately, repops of all that stuff is available.  Also, there is alot of smog equipment that as the car ages causes wacky things to happen.  Also, use CAUTION with buying replacement fuel pumps and alternators for these years.  BOTH I have had trouble with again and again, spend the extra dough and buy the top end for these.

Good luck!
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

rustafarian

"Hes going to call when he feels up to working on getting them all out of there"

I think you spoke waay to soon,  why do you think the county is forcing the issue?
Good luck though
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

68charger383

Go and close the deal. Get something in writing and leave some money so you know you have the cars. If someone comes around with $2,001 they will get the deal.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Harlow

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 09, 2008, 03:55:33 PM
Go and close the deal. Get something in writing and leave some money so you know you have the cars. If someone comes around with $2,001 they will get the deal.  :yesnod:

I'm not real worried about it getting away. Hopefully I can get them home soon. I'll post something once I have an update.

chargerkid01

ever decide to sell the fury let me know

Ghoste

Spent a lot of time riding in late 60's Fury's around here, I think one of the local Plymouth dealers must have really pushed them.  Anyway, they are a nice car and I hope you close that deal soon.

TUFCAT

I really like those '66 Fury's because they look small and stylish (for being a C-body).  One was just featured in the latest issue of MCG - - nice ride!  You have my blessing  :angel: Sounds like a great buy  :cheers:

Harlow

He called me today. I start moving them early tomorrow morning  :punkrocka:

The70RT

Quote from: Harlow on October 10, 2008, 08:13:50 PM
He called me today. I start moving them early tomorrow morning  :punkrocka:

:boogie:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Scott,
that's awesome, keep the FURY and sell the rest, so you can pay for more education. :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Harlow

Lunch break. I've got the Bronco, 69 ford truck and the 86 merc home so far. I've got two more trucks to get running and then the stang is already ready to go. And I'll try to get the fury today also. Hopefully I'll be done with it today. I'll post back later.

Harlow

I only got one other truck back today. I can't seem to get the '64 chevy to fire. I'm gonna go back tomorrow morning with some gas and starting fluid and try to get it started, if it doesn't fire I'll just tow it with a tow strap. I'll be getting the 66 Fury and 5.0 Mustang on monday.