News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got me a new toy today for free

Started by mikepmcs, September 29, 2008, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

OK, not really I traded this......
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

for this :cheers:

ok, let's hear it good or bad, I can take it. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

:drool5:   That's a nice clean car.   :2thumbs:   So due tell the specs.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

rt green

third string oil changer

mikepmcs

:icon_smile_big:

WS car, 43000 miles, really nice driver with some ameteur body work done in the rear qtrs that didn't scare me at all and also the pass door is a little wavy, again, no worries here.  You could eat off the engine compartment, then again I eat off the floor.  ;D

Nice car, no fender tag(stolen), but I'm not a purist anyway, I'll figure it out and repop one to put on eventually. 
3.23SG out back, and the owner got rid of the wheels because he didn't like them :brickwall:
but the tt's will look nice when I powder coat them the same color as the car, but that will wait til I save my pennies.  Got me a driver brothers and sisters and it is way more practical than that 55 IMO.

v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

as for more specs, I'll have to do some digging but that's the fun right.  I'm 3 mopars deep now. :2thumbs:
just got to find a way to get rid of that chevy dually and my 84 chevy truck and turn them into a Mopar dually diesel again(not gonna happen for a while though)
My life will then be complete. :cheers:

tomdroptop

Very cool ride! Theres a Coronet page out there a friend runs it's really a great site chk it out if ya get a chance
www.dodgecoronet.com Good luck with that car looks & sounds like it's sweet!

skip68

I take it that's a 68. ?    :scratchchin:  3 deep,  :scratchchin:  now that can make a man walk funny.   :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Tom,
thanks I'll check it out, but I really like to stay right here, but will definitely look into it. :cheers:

Chuck
I forgot to mention it is a 67 Coronet R/T(440)

tomdroptop

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 29, 2008, 08:28:32 PM
Tom,
thanks I'll check it out, but I really like to stay right here, but will definitely look into it. :cheers:

Chuck
I forgot to mention it is a 67 Coronet R/T(440)

I agree I love it here also but having a coronet & a charger its nice to do both...

pettyfan43

Quote from: skip68 on September 29, 2008, 08:25:14 PM
I take it that's a 68. ?    :scratchchin:  3 deep,  :scratchchin:  now that can make a man walk funny.   :icon_smile_big:

nope that is a 67 R/T, I had one like that , same color but had a black top and interior.

I'd have traded in a heartbeat!!!! 

472 R/T SE

Nice pick up.  It looks like a cross between scorch red & the burgundy.  Maybe the broadcast sheet is hiding in there somewhere.
I like the '67 Coronets, had a '67 500 vert.  That was the only car my wife would drive.

It's a hard body to get any kind of rubber in the rear wheel wells, quite the opposite of our 2nd gen. Chargers.

71superbee

Mike, your new car looks great. I look forward to seeing it at the local car shows

Rick

mikepmcs

yes it does have some paperwork that I will thumb through tomorrow while my boss is railing me for trading my 55 for it, but he's gm all the way and has 2 55's out back(restore candidates)
thing is, my 55 has been for sale all summer long and I would have taken 25$ for it but no bites.  I saw this in the trader mag 5 days ago and I emailed him and said straight up trade.  He came and looked at the car yesterday and said I was crazy, I said, it's what you want, and it's what I want.... went down this evening, looked it over and he still tried to talk me out of it.  I said if you can live with my car, I can live with your car, done deal.
I'll have to borrow my digital camera back from my goddaughter(that I gave her) so I can get some good pics of the car and paperwork, and the other stuff he gave me with it, including a diecast of the same exact car with the same exact paint color.  I need to know that color so I can have it shot and matched up.
You would think I would be finishing my GL, but I'll do them both this winter as it's about to end cool car season anyway.

v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

Quote from: 71superbee on September 29, 2008, 08:39:33 PM
Mike, your new car looks great. I look forward to seeing it at the local car shows

Rick

Rick, you're back, or at least I haven't seen you here in a while.  If I go to the show, I won't be entering, just might drive it there to look at your car  :icon_smile_big:.

By the way, where you working now?

71superbee

Mike
      I just went across the street to a Honda dealer. As far as the paint goes, Motor Supply in Augusta can scan your paint with their camera
and mix you up a correct match

The70RT

Nice car. As long as you are happy with the trade - ENJOY! At least it's more streetable but you gotta still love those tri fives.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

I  WOULD DO THAT 1967 CORONET TRADE ANY DAY!!!!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

71ChallengeHer

Dans 68

Very nice! A rare deal, a straight across trade. Congratulations!  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ghoste

Great deal, I love the 67 RT Coronets.

tan top

nice looking Coronet  :yesnod: ....................... :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 29, 2008, 10:21:47 PM
I  WOULD DO THAT 1967 CORONET TRADE ANY DAY!!!!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
What took you so long Tuffy? ;D

Thanks everyone for the comments.  I didn't sleep much last night.  I'll register it today but it will be in the trailer for another couple days due to having to work on the race car for this weekend. 

v/r
Mike

BB1

Delete my profile