News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will these rims fit a 73' Charger?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, September 30, 2008, 05:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Hi,

Will these rims fit my 73' Charger, 323 gears in the rear. I assume this is big bolt pattern, 4.5
I really do not know how to calculate back spacing.
I really want these slots and they are local.
Thanks Mopar pals, :2thumbs:

I guess this info would help.....

aluminum slot wheels and mastercraft tires nice for a driver front two look pretty good back to look to have been curbed wouldnt go cross country with the tire but wouldnt be afraid to throw them on the way they set and run around town front look to be around 8 inch wide and around a 4inch backspacing and the front tire are 235/60/15 the rear look to be about 11 inch wide and have around a 3 inch backspacing and have 295/60/15 tires

local pick up only .....but may ship if arrangments have been made and cleared by me prior to auction end

:bump: :bump:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

terrible one

Hey man,

Those back ones look like 15x10's (he probably got the 11" width from measuring across the tire). I would assume that they were 3.5" backspacing, as most of them are, but it could be 3". Either way, they aren't going to fit the back of your Charger right . . . not nearly enough backspacing just looking at how much of a lip they have. You need more like 5"- 5.5" backspacing for a 10" rim. . . that was my same problem, I couldn't find a 15x10 slot with enough backspacing . . . had to settle for 15x 8.5's. The fronts would probably fit though.

BMOTOXSTAR

That sucks,
I just won the auction on E-Bay, $230 for all 4 with the tires. The seller is 2hrs away.
Should I not even bother?
They rear might work ? :shruggy:
I hate to waste the sellers time & mine.

I will pay him for his fees if it for sure is a no go. :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

So,
  I would be safe with
15X8.5 rims with 5" back spacing? :shruggy:
I think I will save up for some new Vector's or Ansen Slots. :scratchchin:

Thanks for all the help, really. :cheers:

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

terrible one

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on October 02, 2008, 07:28:02 AM
So,
  I would be safe with
15X8.5 rims with 5" back spacing? :shruggy:
I think I will save up for some new Vector's or Ansen Slots. :scratchchin:

Thanks for all the help, really. :cheers:

Hey man,

I'm running 15x8.5" in the back with 3.5" backspacing and 255's and it is WAY close . . . that's the absolute minimum backspacing for the 8.5" and it limited my tire size. If you ran an 8.5" with 5" backspacing it would be well centered and you could put as fat of a tire as the wheel could hold on there, but if you opt for new wheels why not go for the 15x10s? I don't like the reproduction slots . . . they have an extra lip at the holes that makes them look funky, so for me I have to have the real deal. I just ended my search for a set of four slots. It's SO hard to find them in the right sizes and a TRUE 4.5" bolt pattern! I will be running the 15x8.5's, 3.5" backspacing in rear and 15x7's 3.5" backspacing in front.

Here's the 15x8.5's I have:

Oh yeah, and play around with this to see what I'm talking about with the 15x10's and 3" backspacing. This is based off of a 2nd gen, but it'll give you some ideas and really help you understand backspacing:

http://vexer.com/68rt/wheelguide.html