News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where is the VIN on a BIG BLOCK engine ??

Started by ACUDANUT, October 04, 2008, 10:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Martian R/T

If my memory is serving me correctly it is on the right side of the block above the oil pan towards the rear of the block.
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

Troy

What are the casting and assembly dates? Casting is on the side (left?) and the assembly is stamped on the pad on the front. If it's an early engine it won't have a VIN stamped on it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 04, 2008, 10:48:44 AM
I Can't seem to find it ? :scratchchin:

No VINS on 67 and earlier engines.
68 is hit and miss. If it is there, it will be on the back of the block near the oil sending unit
69 and later is on a pad on the passenger's side about 1/3 of the way back.
A replacement block may not be stamped.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

bull

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on October 04, 2008, 01:44:38 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 04, 2008, 10:48:44 AM
I Can't seem to find it ? :scratchchin:

No VINS on 67 and earlier engines.
68 is hit and miss. If it is there, it will be on the back of the block near the oil sending unit
69 and later is on a pad on the passenger's side about 1/3 of the way back.

Yea, what he said. Only '68 is not as hit and miss as one might be led to believe. It's my understanding that they stamped only the 383hp and up engines so anything 383/2bbl and smaller would not have a VIN stamp.