News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moving my car around

Started by chargerguy111, September 24, 2008, 06:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerguy111

My entire car is nothing but a shell,no front end components what so ever and no k- member.How hard would it be for several people to pick up the front of my car and get it back in my basement?Or does anyone have any ideas to maneauver my car around...CHEAP?A body dolly is out of the question.The cold weather is sneaking up on me and I can no longer work on it outside.Thanks.

The70RT

Quote from: chargerguy111 on September 24, 2008, 06:29:35 PM
My entire car is nothing but a shell,no front end components what so ever and no k- member.How hard would it be for several people to pick up the front of my car and get it back in my basement?Or does anyone have any ideas to maneauver my car around...CHEAP?A body dolly is out of the question.The cold weather is sneaking up on me and I can no longer work on it outside.Thanks.

If your saying the rear is still in then yeah get a few buddys and move it in. You have an undrground garage right?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FLG

Is anyone else picturing a couple of guys trying to get the charger through the front door, into the house and down in the basement?? :rofl:

Think hemi68charger had a thread about his home made one for his hemi car

Dodge Don

Quote from: FLG on September 25, 2008, 11:57:44 AM
Is anyone else picturing a couple of guys trying to get the charger through the front door, into the house and down in the basement?? :rofl:

Think hemi68charger had a thread about his home made one for his hemi car

Me  :lol:

Had to re-read the post a few times. Still not entirely clear on what you are looking to do.

The whole shell (car completely disassembled) is really not that heavy. Go to your local lumber supply get some wood and 4 700lb rated casters and build a dolly. Nothing fancy. You can roll your shell anywhere.

The70RT

I guess he has to chime in again. I took it that maybe the differential was still in? But to pick the whole shell up if all the suspension is off will take at least 6 young guys with good backs. Not backs like mine and Dons  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dodge Don

Quote from: The70RT on September 28, 2008, 11:15:34 AM
Not backs like mine and DonsĀ  :lol:

That's for sure. As I grow older there are two definite things I miss....a strong lower back....and my knees. :shruggy:

chargerguy111

Rearend is in it.Thanks guys.We already moved it into the basement.4 guys were plenty for picking up the front end.