News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Knight Rider show

Started by dkn1997, September 25, 2008, 11:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Yeah, that truck deal looks like it's basically a "let's try to grab the Transformers market!" step to me.

I guess our question should be, would the original TV series have elected to do that with the car if they'd had the SFX abilities to make it feasible in 1982? 

Of course there's "Super Pursuit Mode" in the last years of the original TV show.  But then again, the original KR show was probably already losing kids to the original Transformers by then . . .

bordin34

I thought it was pretty bad but getting better. So far it looks like they are trying to see how many girls they can get in bikinis on the show.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

dkn1997

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 05, 2008, 05:52:15 AM

......Of course there's "Super Pursuit Mode" in the last years of the original TV show.  But then again, the original KR show was probably already losing kids to the original Transformers by then . . .

I really think that superpursuit mode in the original show was really jumping the shark. 
RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

I just saw the first 10 minutes of the show. Some versions of the car look pretty good, but the show is overall a... :badidea:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Finn

They're filming it in my town at the moment. For anyone watching it, if there is an episode involving an old speedway, let me know and/or look for a black dodge ram passing the mustang :D
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

QuoteI really think that superpursuit mode in the original show was really jumping the shark.

That's a common opinion.  SPM was goofy.  Even though there was at least a little bit of logic to the basic idea it proposed, they took it too far. 

Honestly I can't believe they didn't make any toy versions of SPM.  It seemed more geared for toys than for the show itself.  Probably just a matter of how late in the series it first appeared.

QuoteThey're filming it in my town at the moment. For anyone watching it, if there is an episode involving an old speedway, let me know and/or look for a black dodge ram passing the mustang

You talking about the old Saugus Speedway, about an hour north of L.A.? 

Hollywood has gotten almost as many hours of car-chase usage out of that place as the LA flood control canals.

Finn

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 05, 2008, 02:02:46 PM

QuoteThey're filming it in my town at the moment. For anyone watching it, if there is an episode involving an old speedway, let me know and/or look for a black dodge ram passing the mustang

You talking about the old Saugus Speedway, about an hour north of L.A.? 

Hollywood has gotten almost as many hours of car-chase usage out of that place as the LA flood control canals.

Yup thats the one!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

Heh, heh .  .  . 

It's interesting watching old "Dukes" stuff done there.  Early in the series the track is just a ring and it still has a large grassy/dirt center area.  Then in about late 1980 or early 1981 it gets fully paved in the center.   

Sabre

I thought the movie back in February was horrible.  The series premiere was okay and I thought the second episode was better.  They need to lose the annoying asian chick (she's useless) and the two other guys at the foundation.  Just have the white hair guy, Michael, and the brunette chick as the main characters...like the original.  I still fee the original show was better, can't beat the original.  I'm going to continue to watch and hope the show gets better.

THE COLONEL

Well, again it was much better.  It might just make it. :cheers:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Go Hogs Go

I thought last night was horrible. Submarine KITT was just goofy.
Go Hogs!

TUFCAT

Quote from: Sabre on October 06, 2008, 02:41:59 PM

They need to lose the annoying asian chick (she's useless)

Didn't you notice the smokin' hot little body, cute face, and the "me so horny" personality?   :2thumbs:

skip68

LOW BUDGET----LOW BUDGET----LOW BUDGET.  Is all I can say.  :rotz:   I guess if you are 12 years old it may be cool but it's just so dam cheesy like all the shows now days.  It's just not believable,  "kind of like Power Rangers".    ::) :eyes: :D   NO PERSONALITIES AND NO CHARACTORS = BAD SHOW . . . . . . . . . Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 09, 2008, 09:40:11 AM
Quote from: Sabre on October 06, 2008, 02:41:59 PM

They need to lose the annoying asian chick (she's useless)

Didn't you notice the smokin' hot little body, cute face, and the "me so horny" personality?   :2thumbs:
Great googlie moooglie I DID :drool5:

The other girl has great eyes as well...wonder if they're real or contacts?  HD TV really makes them stand out...other than that the show sucks :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

THE COLONEL

I did notice that the squealing tires on dirt has never been fixed!! :lol: 
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: THE COLONEL on October 09, 2008, 02:31:09 PM
I did notice that the squealing tires on dirt has never been fixed!! :lol: 

:rofl: I was laughing at that....

It's gotten better, but not much...

skip68

I can tell you that you can squeal and smoke tires on a dirt road if it is packed hard.   :yesnod:  One of the turns on our old dirt road back in Ca. was hard as rock in the summer and slick as ice in the winter. I used to leave black marks on it all the time.  :icon_smile_big:   But like the COLONEL stated is true.  I saw that and said what a joke, squealing tires on soft dirt once again adds to my "cool for a 12 year old" statement.   The other thing was, as I watched the show I kept feeling like they stole some of the storyline from the movie Point Break   :scratchchin: :slap: :eyes: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 09, 2008, 01:51:03 PM

The other girl has great eyes as well...wonder if they're real or contacts?  HD TV really makes them stand out...

They were BEAUTIFUL and BLUE!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Mike DC

I remember seeing an old photo of Paris Hilton as a teenager one time.  She just had regular looking brown eyes (and hair) back then. 

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 10, 2008, 12:39:29 AM

I remember seeing an old photo of Paris Hilton as a teenager one time.  She just had regular looking brown eyes (and hair) back then. 

Nooooooo!     Say it ain't so.  You just shattered my reality man.      :icon_smile_angry:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Mike DC

Well, I ain't no Paris Hilton expert.  It could well have been fake or mislabeled if that makes you feel any better.   

TUFCAT

regardless,  ...... I'd hit that!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Mike DC

Quoteregardless,  ...... I'd hit that!

I'd be worried about what I'd catch. 

TUFCAT

.....Its no big deal  :2thumbs:  Most of the bad stuff washes off with boiling hot water and lots of alcohol....  :D

dodgecharger-fan

Is it possible to jump the shark in the third episode?

The mask and the voice changing circuit board on the throat.... along with the van that was actually KITT and it changes back into the Mustang...

I think I'm giving up on this show.