News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Knight Rider show

Started by dkn1997, September 25, 2008, 11:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

an hour clip of me doing my laundry would be more interesting.  For those who were fans of the original and want to "go home" again...you can't.  you can't go home, you can't sit through this without a vomit bucket at your side. You can't believe how bad this show is.  here is just a smattering:

at some point, they bring back the "super pursuit" mode like when the original series jumped the shark.  they stick these hideous wheel flares on it and some sort of tailights that look very similar to 82 trans am tailights

It turns into an F250 also

The plot is more unclear than mr penske offering george costanza a job.

The only thing worse than the plot is the acting.

One thing it has going for it....smoking hot broads :drool5: :drool5:
RECHRGED

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

skip68

That debuted tonight? :shruggy: I just got off a 11 hour shift. It's a NBC show, correct? :shruggy:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chargerboy69

I thought they started that last summer. It was on for several weeks and then it was gone. It sucked.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

dkn1997

It was a movie last summer.  Not the best movie, but definately not as hideous as this show. I forgot what network it's on, but I watched it weds night...but it's a monday show that I tivo'd
RECHRGED

400/6/PAC

I watched as long as I could stand it.
It was lame.

ramit

I watched it for about ten minutes and had to change it.   I just couldn't take it anymore.   The hot chics just couldn't make up for the rest of it sucking so bad!

41husk

At least they diddn't brieng Hasselhoff back :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dkn1997

Quote from: 41husk on September 26, 2008, 12:11:24 PM
At least they diddn't brieng Hasselhoff back :rotz:

The Hoff did come back for the movie last year, just a small cameo, but it was ok.  that movie was not representative at all of the total suckfest that would ensue.

This kills me. I was a total knight rider junkie as a kid and now those are even unwatchable.  I was hoping for a cool Star Trek Next Generation or Battlestar Galactica type remake..one that would be better than the original.....
RECHRGED

2Gunz

I watched it as well.

:eek2:

Its a lot of suck in a small box.

jackel440

I didn't see it or even want to(I'll stick with my memories :yesnod: ),but they had the actor on the today show i think.saw it on msn and he said the Hoff was supposed to be his dad in the plot line.  :smilielol:

dodgecharger-fan

OOf!

I had it saved on the DVR and watched it last night.
Horrible.

I kept watching though. I didn't think it could get any worse.... I thought wrong.

Dodge Don

This gets filed into the WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? files. They must have watched the end product.....did they really think it was good? Bad remake.

dkn1997

what really puzzles me is that the movie last year with all of the same actors was not as horrible.  It wasn't The Godfather, but it wasn't putrid.

Maybe they switched directors or producers or something.....I'm going to watch the next one and see if it gets any better.  someone get me a bucket.
RECHRGED

dodgecharger-fan

I'm tempted to give it another shot. A lot of shows start out pretty rough. Can it get any worse?  :shruggy:

I didn't like 24 at first. Then got hooked one season... then lost interest.

I never watched Magnum P.I. when it first ran, but watched almost all the reruns.. and have a couple of seasons on DVD.

I never watched Scrubs until the musical they did - which made me laugh til I cried. Now I catch it when I can.

dkn1997

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on September 28, 2008, 09:45:18 AM
...... Can it get any worse?  :shruggy:

that's like asking if hitler could have been meaner!!   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED

Mike DC

I didn't see it, but I'm not sure how it could have been so bad. 

How far did the whole concept even have to fall, anyway?

The original series was concieved when the producers were having a discussion about how bad the lead hunk star actors usually were in these hour-long action shows.  Seriously.  They began joking about how they oughtta just have the character's hot car be able to play half a dozen pre-recorded phrases instead.

I still like seeing the original KR shows now though.  The show's car stunt footage with the miniature models is fun for me to see because I'm a SFX nut. 

dkn1997

It is hard to imagine how a show starring a sick looking mustang could be bad....but it really is horrible.  the plot was as thin as calista flockhart on a diet.   It just went nowhere
RECHRGED

Silver R/T

another episode...still pretty gayish.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

THE COLONEL

I thought the second episode was much better then the first.  I see a little light at the end of the tunnel.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

dkn1997

Quote from: THE COLONEL on October 03, 2008, 07:16:31 PM
I thought the second episode was much better then the first.  I see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

:iagree:

but it's a bit like saying Russia is much better than the soviet union.  sure it's a bit of an improvement, but how does that help when you cannot get a decent roll of toilet paper?

still better though...and I'd rather see that thing turn into the truck than that gay fast/furious 80's mobile they morph it into.
RECHRGED

SeattleCharger

ford transformers, that's about all it is,    the plot was definately a series plot, was a surprise there,   I guess I was a kid when the original show was on, so hey,  I shouldn't expect this one would be that great,     they still should have used the last T/A model at least, come on

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Mike DC

Quotethey still should have used the last T/A model at least, come on

People who were into the original show always say this when the newer "Knight Rider" comes up.  But even as an original series fan I disagree.

It's not that I don't still like Firebird T/As, but that car's image in society has shifted since 1982.  These days they're seen by most people as almost being a retro-ride even when they're brand new.  I don't hate it but it's different from what it used to be.  (Listen to any new-car snobs talking about musclecars . . . just the phrase "T-top" can get a snicker out of them.)

Whereas the original image of the '82 KITT was 100% hi-tech.  Basically a James Bond ride.  The modern Mustang isn't perfect for it either, but IMHO it's much closer than the 1990s F-bodies could possibly be these days.  The new show's producers are dealing with an audience that may not have ever seen the original show. 

SeattleCharger

Ya, those are good points, I agree with ya.    The new show is kind of slick and modern, and the new mustang is cool looking.   I don't know about the bit about transforming into the pick up truck though.   ;D

Mike DC

Yeah, that truck deal looks like it's basically a "let's try to grab the Transformers market!" step to me.

I guess our question should be, would the original TV series have elected to do that with the car if they'd had the SFX abilities to make it feasible in 1982? 

Of course there's "Super Pursuit Mode" in the last years of the original TV show.  But then again, the original KR show was probably already losing kids to the original Transformers by then . . .

bordin34

I thought it was pretty bad but getting better. So far it looks like they are trying to see how many girls they can get in bikinis on the show.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

dkn1997

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 05, 2008, 05:52:15 AM

......Of course there's "Super Pursuit Mode" in the last years of the original TV show.  But then again, the original KR show was probably already losing kids to the original Transformers by then . . .

I really think that superpursuit mode in the original show was really jumping the shark. 
RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

I just saw the first 10 minutes of the show. Some versions of the car look pretty good, but the show is overall a... :badidea:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Finn

They're filming it in my town at the moment. For anyone watching it, if there is an episode involving an old speedway, let me know and/or look for a black dodge ram passing the mustang :D
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

QuoteI really think that superpursuit mode in the original show was really jumping the shark.

That's a common opinion.  SPM was goofy.  Even though there was at least a little bit of logic to the basic idea it proposed, they took it too far. 

Honestly I can't believe they didn't make any toy versions of SPM.  It seemed more geared for toys than for the show itself.  Probably just a matter of how late in the series it first appeared.

QuoteThey're filming it in my town at the moment. For anyone watching it, if there is an episode involving an old speedway, let me know and/or look for a black dodge ram passing the mustang

You talking about the old Saugus Speedway, about an hour north of L.A.? 

Hollywood has gotten almost as many hours of car-chase usage out of that place as the LA flood control canals.

Finn

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 05, 2008, 02:02:46 PM

QuoteThey're filming it in my town at the moment. For anyone watching it, if there is an episode involving an old speedway, let me know and/or look for a black dodge ram passing the mustang

You talking about the old Saugus Speedway, about an hour north of L.A.? 

Hollywood has gotten almost as many hours of car-chase usage out of that place as the LA flood control canals.

Yup thats the one!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

Heh, heh .  .  . 

It's interesting watching old "Dukes" stuff done there.  Early in the series the track is just a ring and it still has a large grassy/dirt center area.  Then in about late 1980 or early 1981 it gets fully paved in the center.   

Sabre

I thought the movie back in February was horrible.  The series premiere was okay and I thought the second episode was better.  They need to lose the annoying asian chick (she's useless) and the two other guys at the foundation.  Just have the white hair guy, Michael, and the brunette chick as the main characters...like the original.  I still fee the original show was better, can't beat the original.  I'm going to continue to watch and hope the show gets better.

THE COLONEL

Well, again it was much better.  It might just make it. :cheers:

Go Hogs Go

I thought last night was horrible. Submarine KITT was just goofy.
Go Hogs!

TUFCAT

Quote from: Sabre on October 06, 2008, 02:41:59 PM

They need to lose the annoying asian chick (she's useless)

Didn't you notice the smokin' hot little body, cute face, and the "me so horny" personality?   :2thumbs:

skip68

LOW BUDGET----LOW BUDGET----LOW BUDGET.  Is all I can say.  :rotz:   I guess if you are 12 years old it may be cool but it's just so dam cheesy like all the shows now days.  It's just not believable,  "kind of like Power Rangers".    ::) :eyes: :D   NO PERSONALITIES AND NO CHARACTORS = BAD SHOW . . . . . . . . . Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 09, 2008, 09:40:11 AM
Quote from: Sabre on October 06, 2008, 02:41:59 PM

They need to lose the annoying asian chick (she's useless)

Didn't you notice the smokin' hot little body, cute face, and the "me so horny" personality?   :2thumbs:
Great googlie moooglie I DID :drool5:

The other girl has great eyes as well...wonder if they're real or contacts?  HD TV really makes them stand out...other than that the show sucks :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

THE COLONEL

I did notice that the squealing tires on dirt has never been fixed!! :lol: 

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: THE COLONEL on October 09, 2008, 02:31:09 PM

:rofl: I was laughing at that....

It's gotten better, but not much...

skip68

I can tell you that you can squeal and smoke tires on a dirt road if it is packed hard.   :yesnod:  One of the turns on our old dirt road back in Ca. was hard as rock in the summer and slick as ice in the winter. I used to leave black marks on it all the time.  :icon_smile_big:   But like the COLONEL stated is true.  I saw that and said what a joke, squealing tires on soft dirt once again adds to my "cool for a 12 year old" statement.   The other thing was, as I watched the show I kept feeling like they stole some of the storyline from the movie Point Break   :scratchchin: :slap: :eyes: 

TUFCAT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 09, 2008, 01:51:03 PM

The other girl has great eyes as well...wonder if they're real or contacts?  HD TV really makes them stand out...

They were BEAUTIFUL and BLUE!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Mike DC

I remember seeing an old photo of Paris Hilton as a teenager one time.  She just had regular looking brown eyes (and hair) back then. 

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 10, 2008, 12:39:29 AM

I remember seeing an old photo of Paris Hilton as a teenager one time.  She just had regular looking brown eyes (and hair) back then. 

Nooooooo!     Say it ain't so.  You just shattered my reality man.      :icon_smile_angry:

Mike DC

Well, I ain't no Paris Hilton expert.  It could well have been fake or mislabeled if that makes you feel any better.   

TUFCAT

regardless,  ...... I'd hit that!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Mike DC

Quoteregardless,  ...... I'd hit that!

I'd be worried about what I'd catch. 

TUFCAT

.....Its no big deal  :2thumbs:  Most of the bad stuff washes off with boiling hot water and lots of alcohol....  :D

dodgecharger-fan

Is it possible to jump the shark in the third episode?

The mask and the voice changing circuit board on the throat.... along with the van that was actually KITT and it changes back into the Mustang...

I think I'm giving up on this show.

Silver R/T

entrance music is pretty good

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

your in luck! it's been renewed for four more episodes!!!  :shruggy:  :slap:  :rotz:  :o  :brickwall:
though it's been totally panned by reviewers everywhere..  :smilielol:

then, there's this..

"KNIGHT RIDER is awesome. I'm only 15 so I've never watched the old one, but I find it very annoying that people are comparing it to the old one. Its 2008 and its higher tech. Its science fiction. Its so coooool. If it was realistic then it wouldn't be COOL. The fact that it can transform and do all those so cool things and the mustang looks SO COOL and everything is SO COOL makes it SO COOL. I think most of the people taht like it a lot are the ones taht aren't comparing it to the old one. There aren't enought COOL science fiction shows. Moonlight was so cool and its cancelled now. Most of the shows are too realistic. Teenagers like cool shows that are like cool.

I like it so much that I don't even care if that plot sucks or the script is terrible, just seeing all of KITTS cool features and all the cool things that happen satisfies me.

I love this show. Its on as my wallpaper, my starup music and even my phone ringtone.

yes, you could say i'm obsessed with it."

Far more amusing then watching the show is reading the reviews...  :yesnod:

squeakfinder

Quote from: THE COLONEL on October 09, 2008, 02:31:09 PM

Squealing tires on dirt? That reminds of the squealing tires on sand in Rat Patrol  :lol:.

Oops, my age is showing.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

SeattleCharger

I guess that kid thinks its cool.    :lol:

Brock Samson