News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Console assembly problems

Started by gasoline_24, September 25, 2008, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

I was putting the PG Classic top plates and console lid on my Year One reproduction console, and I am having problems getting the lid to adjust.  There is not enough spacing between the shifter plate and the rear top piece which causes the lid to rub.  I cannot see any adjustment in the front or rear pieces to allow for more adjustment.  I know the lid adjusts, but this does not fix the problem.  I am wondering if either the reproduction console or the reproduction top plates are not exact and therefore there are some fitment issues.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BROCK

Without a stock part from which to measure the other parts from:  there is no way to match it to
stock.  Unless it has to absolutely be a perfect interpretation of the original product......

Just find the easiest places to shave material for a proper fit.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gasoline_24

Got it figured out.  I had the clip that mounts on the bottom of the shifter section mounted upside down.  I als thought the back section was tight, but the threads needed to be chased to allow tightening the rear section down all the way.  It still could use a little adjustment, but it is pretty good right now.  I guess you need to be smarter than the parts.  I didn't take any pics of this when disassembling like the rest of the car.   :icon_smile_big:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dodge Don

Quote from: gasoline_24 on September 29, 2008, 07:40:12 PM
Got it figured out.  I had the clip that mounts on the bottom of the shifter section mounted upside down.  I als thought the back section was tight, but the threads needed to be chased to allow tightening the rear section down all the way.  It still could use a little adjustment, but it is pretty good right now.  I guess you need to be smarter than the parts.  I didn't take any pics of this when disassembling like the rest of the car.   :icon_smile_big:
That would do it.