News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challenger burns

Started by 69bronzeT5, September 23, 2008, 03:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

This was posted on a message board in Norway. It was a '72 from what I was told :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

These pictures were posted on Cuda-challenger.com. Looks like a '72-'74 Challenger and a '71 Challenger. That 2nd Gen. Charger was also a victim. :rotz: :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

Save the Charger, crush everything else.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

NHCharger

That's one reason why I carry TWO fire extinguishers. One in the trunk, one right behind my seat.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mikesbbody

Quote from: NHCharger on September 23, 2008, 07:56:21 PM
That's one reason why I carry TWO fire extinguishers. One in the trunk, one right behind my seat.
I DID have one under my seat but removed it...maybe time to put it back  :yesnod:

Kevin68N71

I always cruise with an extinguisher, and one of those little knives that will cut your seatbelt and hammer out your window.

The only thing that can really cook like that would be fuel in my opinion.  Yeah, could be bad wiring, but something actually has to burn.  I am always keeping an eye on hoses and fittings.  When I took the tank out of my 1964 Starfire to flush it the rubber hose to metal hose by the tank was original--44 YEARS old.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

The70RT

Thats one reason why I bought all new wiring. It was around a grand for peace of mind.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

Thats why I have " agreed value insurance".  Just in case the Fire Extinguisher is empty. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 23, 2008, 09:11:19 PM
Thats why I have " agreed value insurance".  Just in case the Fire Extinguisher is empty. :icon_smile_big:

Yeah I agree but you know how hard it is to replace what you have. Been burned on that before just on regular drivers.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69charger2002

man 3 e bodies and a 68-70 charger sitting there. that is sickening   :'(
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69*F5*SE

That just burns me up!   :flame:

Dodge Don

Old wiring and the "fire waiting to happen" factory amp gauge may have been the culprit. Or maybe a fuel leak.

FLG

Don...thats why my amp guage is disconnected....after the electric fans the darn thing just was getting WAY to hot.

Poor chally

That fire looks like it originated from inside the car NOT the engine.

Look at how untouched those front fenders and grille and hood is, secondly if theres an engine fire most of us would pop the hood and try whatever we can to put the damn thing out (hoods closed in the pic). I say it was faulty wiring that burned up and set some part of the interior ablaze first.

Also, think its a good investment for us to have a quick disconnect. Every night i disconnect the chargers battery. The only thing that stays connected is my radio so i dont loose the presets. Would be bad to have a car burn up...would be worse if it took your house or garage too.