News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHO KNEW??

Started by Steve P., September 20, 2008, 10:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

No idea if any of this works, but I have heard of a few of these... Just thought I would share and see if any of you have used any of these fixes..

====================================================================

Who knew?

Eliminate ear mites.  All it takes is a few drops of Wesson Corn Oil in your cat's or dog's ear... massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball.  Repeat daily for 3 days.  The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, a accelerates healing.

Kills fleas instantly... Dawn Dishwashing Liquid does the trick.  Add a few drops to your dog's bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly.  Rinse well to avoid skin irritations.  Good-bye fleas.

Rainy day cure for dog odor: Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh.

Did you know that drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately-without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional pain relievers?

Did you know that Colgate Toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns?

Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints.  They'll clear up your stuffed nose.

Achy muscles from a bout of the flu?  Mix 1 tablespoon horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil.  Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a  massage oil for instant relief for aching muscles.

Sore throat?  Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day.  The vinegar kills the bacteria.

Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer.  Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms.  Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinar y tract infections almost instantly-even though the product was never been advertised for this use.

Honey remedy for skin blemishes... cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it.  Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing.  Works overnight.

Listerine therapy for toenail fungus: Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine Mouthwash.  The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

Easy eyeglass protection... to prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear Nail Polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... if menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409.  Insects drop to the ground instantly.

Smart splinter remover: Just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin.  The splinter sticks to the dried glue.

Hunt's Tomato Paste boil cure... cover the boil with Hunt's Tomato Paste as a compress.  The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.

Balm for broken blisters... to disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine, a powerful antiseptic.

Vinegar to heal bruises... soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour.  The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.

Quaker Oats for fast pain relief... it's not for breakfast any more!  Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.

If you send this to 10 people and only one of them doesn't know about this, then it was worth it.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

No Shit!?

I'm gonna go do all of those right now!  :2thumbs:

Steve P.

The wife fell a few weeks ago and messed up her right arm pretty bad. About 20 minutes ago we soaked some cotton balls with white vinegar and wrapped it with Saran wrap. We shall see if that one works at all... I'll let you know....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Did you know that Colgate Toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns?

I've used it for spackle/drywall repairs.

Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints.  They'll clear up your stuffed nose.

So will a few good whiffs of horseradish.

Sore throat?  Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day.  The vinegar kills the bacteria.

Or a 5th of Jack Daniels. :D

Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer.  Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms.  Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly-even though the product was never been advertised for this use.

Antibiotics work too. :D

Listerine therapy for toenail fungus: Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine Mouthwash.  The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

Insert foot fetish joke here. :D

Easy eyeglass protection... to prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear Nail Polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

Ever heard of thread locker? :D

Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... if menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409.  Insects drop to the ground instantly.

Or hair spray and a lighted match. :D

Smart splinter remover: Just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin.  The splinter sticks to the dried glue.

Or use tweezers and get the job done in 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes. :yesnod:

Hunt's Tomato Paste boil cure... cover the boil with Hunt's Tomato Paste as a compress.  The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.

And use the leftovers to get the skunk smell off your dog. :shruggy:

Balm for broken blisters... to disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine, a powerful antiseptic.

Don't forget to put some on your toenails. :D

Vinegar to heal bruises... soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour.  The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.

Who gives a crap about bruises? :shruggy: :icon_smile_blackeye:

Quaker Oats for fast pain relief... it's not for breakfast any more!  Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.

What? You want me to put oatmeal on my hands? :-\

Steve P.

The JD I have used myself.

The FOOT FETISH JOKE came to mind with me too..

If you could see my wife's arm you would try it too..... 

I will try the DAWN on the dogs tomorrow.  The fleas have been REALLLLLLLLY bad this year....

The cooking oil does work on the mites. The vet told me about it and it does work..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 20, 2008, 10:40:38 PM
No Shit!?

I'm gonna go do all of those right now!  :2thumbs:

I dont know what is funnier, this response, or Bulls play by play response..    :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:

Damn, we need to have one of those company retreats for all dodgecharger.com members where we go to a camp for a week and do the stand on the picnic table and fall back into our co-worker(co-posters) arms team building fun activities.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

Also you can put a little garlic powder or Brewers yeast in your dogs food, and it will get rid of the fleas & ticks!!!!! After ingested, it comes through the pores of your pet, and the fleas can't stand the taste when they bite!!! Works!!!  :yesnod:

If your pet has bad breath, put a little parsley in the food!!!  :2thumbs: (I used to put brewers yeast, parsley, and one egg once a week in my dogs food!) Egg helps the coat be shiny!.
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Steve P.

WOW, more good stuff....  Thanks MRS. Skip..

I just took the stinky cotton balls off the wife's arm and guess what. 

IT WORKS.............    :o :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

No prob. Steve!!! :2thumbs:

I just remembered another good one!
If you get a pimple, put a dab of hemorrhoid cream on the spot, and it will disappear overnight!!!! (Models use this trick ALL the time!) :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: skip68 on September 21, 2008, 12:06:50 AM

If you get a pimple, put a dab of hemorrhoid cream on the spot, and it will disappear overnight!!!! (Models use this trick ALL the time!) :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

No way!  the beaver should be taking notes as we speak! (i mean type) :icon_smile_big: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 21, 2008, 12:13:02 AM

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

No way!  the beaver should be taking notes as we speak! (i mean type) :icon_smile_big: 
:smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: Oh, you are bad Pocket!!!! I likey!!! :D
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

PocketThunder

How about this one...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGkva2PnALI

i know it has no relevance but the song popped into my head and i thought i'd post....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGkva2PnALI

Steve P.

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Gee, I wonder how they figured THAT one out...   :shruggy:       :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Steve P. on September 21, 2008, 01:15:00 AM

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Gee, I wonder how they figured THAT one out...   :shruggy:       :smilielol:

Some ass to face contact...purely by accident, of course.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

dodgecharger-fan

Models (and Buster Poindexter) use Preparation H to get rid of baggy, puffy eyes after an all-nighter.

WingCharger

evil1

When I get poison ivy , I put a couple of coats of under arm deodorant on the area , 2 or 3 times a day and it usually clears up in a day or two

Old Moparz

Hydrogen Peroxide is a lot cheaper than any cleaning product & gets bad stains & odors out of anything. My wife used it on a light colored carpet where one of our cats sprayed. No discoloration & no more nasty cat piss smell. Took food stains off a chair, & grease stains off my jeans too. One other time, a different cat got locked in the garage when it snuck in there & I didn't know it. The furry bastard used the back seat of my convertible as a litter box for almost 3 days. I took the seat out & thought it was ruined since the urine soaked in under the vinyl. I poured a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide all over it & left it out to dry & it was perfectly fine. 
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 24, 2008, 10:51:20 PM
Hydrogen Peroxide is a lot cheaper than any cleaning product & gets bad stains & odors out of anything. My wife used it on a light colored carpet where one of our cats sprayed. No discoloration & no more nasty cat piss smell. Took food stains off a chair, & grease stains off my jeans too. One other time, a different cat got locked in the garage when it snuck in there & I didn't know it. The furry bastard used the back seat of my convertible as a litter box for almost 3 days. I took the seat out & thought it was ruined since the urine soaked in under the vinyl. I poured a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide all over it & left it out to dry & it was perfectly fine. 
  it also takes blood out of anything really good   LOL   great for blood splater  :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Magnumcharger

skip68

Quote from: Magnumcharger on September 26, 2008, 08:02:23 AM
Bee's Honey - in the news today.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080924/health/canada_medicine_research_1

That's a good one! Just a reminder to parents, don't give honey to kids under age two!!!!! They can get very sick! :eek2:

Here's one that you may know and I am gonna be putting this on my daughters chin when it finishes healing, (She split open her chin on a balance beam two days ago and the doctors glued it together! :pity:) If you have a scar, or potential for one from a injury, put vitamin E oil on it three times a day! Works great!! :2thumbs:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Magnumcharger

My daughter cut her forehead on a spinning ceiling fan while jumping of a bunkbed.
Rather than drive all the way to the hospital at 11pm, I stopped at the local 7/11 and bought a tube of crazy glue.
Pinched the wound shut, dropped a glob of glue on it, and sent her back to her cousin's house to finish the sleep-over.
No scar.