News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger

Started by greencharger, June 05, 2007, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencharger

Hello All,

New to the forum.

Looking at buying a 1969 charger with a 318. Its a driver. Original engine. Drives well. Interior is excellent. Runs well. Needs little work (minor).
Low option car.

What is a fair ballpark price? ($15,000.00 ??)
F6 1969 CHARGER WANTED.

70charger_boy

You could get one for less, because most people prefer the 440 RT.  Check ebay or craigslist.  I say you can find a decent driver for 12 grand

1BAD68

buy it, 15K isnt bad for a nice 2nd gen. driver.
Who cares about the motor, you can always build up a big block later on.

supserdave

Can I see a link to a nice driver for 12k? Definitely not around these parts. I say get it, sounds fair if it is what you say.

viper r/t

41husk

Hey. Drivers have gone for more than 15k, if you like it for the money, make it yours.  I would advise to get it as done as possible, so you can enjoy.  Many a good deal project is still sitting in a garage waiting for time and or money.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70charger_boy

Quote from: viper r/t on June 05, 2007, 06:05:56 PM
I wouldn't drive that general very far......

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29651.0.html

Damn!!!  I knew that piece of crap looked familiar. Thanks

greencharger

Thanks all. I had a 69 and sold it. Now I want to replace it. Only problem is I know how much money is involved with one of these cars. Once you start...there's no end. I am just debating whether I want to open up my pocket book. The cheap part is the purchase  ::)
F6 1969 CHARGER WANTED.

70charger_boy

I was in the same boat as you, I had one sold it and regretted it.  Then 10 years later I wanted one.  No matter what you get you'll always feel ripped off, because even if you buy one for 20 grand thinking that it would be decent you'll find out that it is a p.o.s., that's my opinion.  Alot of people, mostly chevy guys, will buy these cars just to flip it, knowing they have some value to it.  I would buy a project then build it up.  Sure, it will take years to get going, but in the end it will be worth it :Twocents:

pettyfan43

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 06, 2007, 08:57:41 AM
I was in the same boat as you, I had one sold it and regretted it.  Then 10 years later I wanted one.  No matter what you get you'll always feel ripped off, because even if you buy one for 20 grand thinking that it would be decent you'll find out that it is a p.o.s., that's my opinion.  Alot of people, mostly chevy guys, will buy these cars just to flip it, knowing they have some value to it.  I would buy a project then build it up.  Sure, it will take years to get going, but in the end it will be worth it :Twocents:

You're only gonna end up with a POS if you jump on the first thing that comes along without knowing what you are looking at. You need to check out a car carefully if you are considering spending that kind of green.

There is a reason for the saying "buyer beware". You only end up with junk be not knowing what you are looking at in the first place.

PocketThunder

Where are you located?  There is probably a member here on this website that lives close to you and would be helpful and come look at the car for a second opinion. 

I think $15k isnt too far off for a 318 driver.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: greencharger on June 06, 2007, 08:43:09 AM
Once you start...there's no end.

You are halfway there friend......you know the most important factor already........ IMHO save up your ducats for the most "done & complete" car you can possibly afford.....then plan to throw another 20-30k at it :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

greencharger

Still looking. Must be numbers matching,  F6 green in colour. Will spend up to $25,000.
F6 1969 CHARGER WANTED.

CB

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 06, 2007, 12:38:11 PM
You are halfway there friend......you know the most important factor already........ IMHO save up your ducats for the most "done & complete" car you can possibly afford   .... then plan to throw another 20-30k at it   :rotz:

You r so damn right  :eek2: :-\ :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Joshua

Quote from: supserdave on June 05, 2007, 05:15:43 PM
Can I see a link to a nice driver for 12k? Definitely not around these parts. I say get it, sounds fair if it is what you say.

These aren't the "nicest" of drivers.....but still, they are out there. :2thumbs:
http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/860041068.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/859586375.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/859042019.html

Mike DC

The cheap 318-powered grocery-getter 1969 Charger in #3 condition?  That thing is passing into myth. 

They should exist and they should still be relatively cheap in theory.  Most of the blue-book value listings actually still think they exist too.  But in reality they've mostly been scooped up & given big-block transplants a long time ago.

Rolling_Thunder

believe it or not - finding a # matching 318 charger is pretty hard now a days
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

My initial reaction is to scoff at that but I hesitate because I'm afraid you'll ask me to find some and I'll come up empty handed.  :scratchchin: