News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Console Question...

Started by csx4590, July 06, 2013, 08:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

I have a '69 Charger with the console/bucket seat set up. I took the console apart several years ago to restore. My question is about the three top pieces that receive the wood grain decals. The one piece that covers the glove compartment has a thin metal panel that the decal glues to. Then that piece is secured to the chromed piece. The piece over the shifter and the small piece towards the back have holes for the same type of panel but I don't recall seeing them. Do all three pieces have the thin metal panel that the decals stick to? If you don't have those pieces, what is the best way to eliminate them? Thanks...

Dino

The original wood grain was not a decal but it was etched into the aluminum panels that attach to the console body so you should have three panels.  The original aluminum panels are super sensitive so you may just want to make some out of steel instead.  As II recall, someone over at the 66-67 site was remaking these and BE/A may have them as well.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.