News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Neo Chally Cuda Conversion:

Started by Brock Samson, September 22, 2008, 11:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/19/hxc-performance-marketing-cuda-conversion-for-dodge-challenger/

"First and foremost we wanted to create a conversion kit that is affordable and could be enjoyed by everyday Cuda fans. Building vehicles with very expensive custom bodywork can be fun, but it does no good in fulfilling the desires of thousands of Cuda fans wishing they could have at least something resembling their dream car. Every part in the HXC Cuda Package is a true bolt-on, fully reversible, and respects all factory warranties.

Because the Package is intended for dealers, and because we wanted to keep the price of the conversion down, we did not address the rear quarter panel. The entire package will be available for under $5,000. Combine that with a $32-34k R/T 6-speed, and Cuda fans could have a very distinct muscle car for under $40,000. For those who only care about looks, combine this Conversion with a $22k SE, and now you really have an inexpensive unique muscle car.

For the diehard purists that are interested in converting their 08/09 Challenger into a Cuda, but will not do so unless the bodyline is changed, you can expect to see something from us next spring.

Adam
HXC"

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

IowaCharger69

I cannot stop saying OH MY GAWD.

seriously.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

BigBlackDodge

If a diehard purists converted a Dodge into a Plymouth.............they wouldn't be a diehard purist. :Twocents:

BBD

Brock Samson

IMO It's great to see a large aftermarket for the LX cars because the LHs had none:rotz:

IowaCharger69

They mention doing it to the insano package chally, but no reason you couldn't do this to a 6cyl though. I wouldn't mind it at all. I cant wait till I can afford one in a few years. Maybe I should look into buying the kit now, since whom ever makes it may not be around when I actually get the money together to buy a chally.

Mopar2Ya

It is nice to see the aftermarket for Mopars alive. I'm not so sure about HXC though, seems fishy to me JMO. He posted on the SRT forums over a yr ago about all these cars that would be available soon etc., w/a myspace... The age got me, but maybe I'm just jealous.  :shruggy:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RD

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 22, 2008, 11:18:21 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/19/hxc-performance-marketing-cuda-conversion-for-dodge-challenger/

"...but it does no good in fulfilling the desires of thousands of Cuda fans wishing they could have at least something resembling their dream car. Every part in the HXC Cuda Package is a true bolt-on, fully reversible, and respects all factory warranties.  ... Cuda fans could have a very distinct muscle car for under $40,000. For those who only care about looks, combine this Conversion with a $22k SE, and now you really have an inexpensive unique muscle car.

i laugh at this because for $27,000 you can have one helluva nice looking real cuda (if you are doing the SE), and for $40K you can have a awesome looking hemi cuda clone.  oh well.. wth do i know.

oh... and what "thousands" is speaking of?  hell the challenger my dealership has is, well... still there in the display booth.  i dont think thousands will buy this... maybe a 100-200 tops.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

if you can find me a nice hemi cuda clone for 40 k  i'll take it !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE