News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just got reamed on ClassicOldsmobile.com

Started by The70RT, September 22, 2008, 06:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I guess I should have learned from when someone comes on here and acts like this? Anyway I took a couple lumps  :icon_smile_blackeye: We bash C barges on here and were all cool with it. I am still LMAO though. Here is the thread....hopefully were done.

http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/classicoldsmobile-general-discussion/8410-beware-user-70-442-a.html
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

I hear ya' on the dude using your pic.  There was a guy who used to post whore here, can't remember his name, he has his own site w/ chicks & cars now.  Anyhow he used one of ds' photoshopped images of my car in his signature here and I, like you, thought it was chicken shit.

You can do like the cop from Florida that had a GN and a '69 Charger, I think his user was Wakko.  Someone was using some of his photos (same address and all) in an ebay ad and he changed the address to show a naked chick or something.  Can't remember, but he got the point across.

TUFCAT

I don't have a problem with anything you said on that oldsmobile site. In fact, it was well stated and true. Who cares if they got offended? If someone pirated a picture of my car and used it at theirs - I'd be pissed off too.

Olds make some beautiful and legendary performance cars...in fact, I'm a closet Cutlass fan myself.  I just love em......

I also agree that the only collectible Olds cars have EVER been the Cutlass body (and all the performance derivitives thereof) since the 442 hit the street. Well, maybe a Starfire and the 66-67's Toronado.  But the Delta 88, 98 and the ugly collandade body style of the mid 70's - 0h give me a break! That's car crusher food.  They're ass ugly. Reminds me of the joke - - RECTUM..... HELL WE KILLED THEM!!  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I had an '81 Olds Cutlass Broughm with a 1970 Rocket 350 (gold block) engine in it...converted from a 260 V8.  My high school ride.....loved those pillow back seats :pushup:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 22, 2008, 07:43:10 PM
I don't have a problem with anything you said on that oldsmobile site. In fact, it was well stated and true. Who cares if they got offended? If someone pirated a picture of my car and used it at theirs - I'd be pissed off too.

Olds make some beautiful and legendary performance cars...in fact, I'm a closet Cutlass fan myself.  I just love em......

I also agree that the only collectible Olds cars have EVER been the Cutlass body (and all the performance derivitives thereof) since the 442 hit the street. Well, maybe a Starfire and the 66-67's Toronado.  But the Delta 88, 98 and the ugly collandade body style of the mid 70's - 0h give me a break! That's car crusher food.  They're ass ugly. Reminds me of the joke - - RECTUM..... HELL WE KILLED THEM!!  :2thumbs:

Yeah we know. Leaves more mopars for us. I have a 84 big body that I am about to send to the crusher. Maybe they need something......NAW! :smash:

BlueSS454

I have a couple Oldsmobiles myself...a 69 Cutlass S Holiday Coupe with a 455/TH400/12 bolt and an 86 Cutlass Supreme that I dropped a mild 350 in, both nice cars.  My mom has an 81 Olds 98 Regency and I can say that it's the most comfortable 80's car I've ever ridden in and drove.  It's not much in the horsepower department with a smogged out boat anchor 307 but it's still a nice car.
Tom Rightler

Kevin68N71

There are a LOT of very nice Oldsmobiles.  They just don't get alot of press.

I have a 1964 Starfire.  This is "upsized" from when they first came out, but it is such a cool car.  It's not a Mopar, you enjoy it in a different way, as I suppose the folks with Deltas do.

394 high compression engine.  Mine came loaded to the gills.  Leather seats, integrated floor mats, console with tach, power windows, power wing windows, power antenna, power (air) trunk, special trim, air conditioning, trunk light, hood light, Wonderbar Radio, Wonderbar foot switch, side turn signal group, electric seats.  Speed minder.  Lights on the inside of the doors when the door is open for oncoming traffic.  Parking break light.  And on and on.

It is way cool, especially when you stomp on it and it does in fact feel like a rocket pulling you forward!  Not in a Mopar 440 way, but in a big smooth Olds sort of way.

Try it sometime, you might like it!
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

hemi-hampton

Hurst Olds about the only Olds I'd take. A Buick GS or GSX 455 Stage 1 will suffice also :scratchchin: LEON.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 22, 2008, 07:08:46 PM

IThere was a guy who used to post whore here, can't remember his name, he has his own site w/ chicks & cars now.  Anyhow he used one of ds' photoshopped images of my car in his signature here

70_chargerboy :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

wow those olds guys are hater's ,  No one should have pictures of your car under there galley ,and not give you credit for the picture and that it's your car !       80's olds  88/98's are ghetto hooptie cruisers  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on September 23, 2008, 10:11:37 AM
wow those olds guys are hater's ,  No one should have pictures of your car under there galley ,and not give you credit for the picture and that it's your car !       80's olds  88/98's are ghetto hooptie cruisers  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: 

Yeah I kinda sucked up to them but then let them have it in the end  :icon_smile_big: I forgot it wasn't just a Cutlass site and Delta fans are on there too  :-\ It is pretty dead over there compared to here so I figured I would bring some life to the site  :lol:

Joshua

Quote from: The70RT on September 23, 2008, 10:28:17 AM

Yeah I kinda sucked up to them but then let them have it in the end  :icon_smile_big: I forgot it wasn't just a Cutlass site and Delta fans are on there too  :-\ It is pretty dead over there compared to here so I figured I would bring some life to the site  :lol:

Site is not much different than this one........really.... :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 22, 2008, 07:43:10 PM
I also agree that the only collectible Olds cars have EVER been the Cutlass body (and all the performance derivitives thereof) since the 442 hit the street. Well, maybe a Starfire and the 66-67's Toronado. But the Delta 88, 98 and the ugly collandade body style of the mid 70's - 0h give me a break! That's car crusher food. They're ass ugly. Reminds me of the joke - - RECTUM..... HELL WE KILLED THEM!! :2thumbs:

Yeah....but ANYTHING after '72 sucks.....not just Olds.
There are some pretty collectible Olds BEFORE the 442 came out.....when was the last time ya saw a '59 88 or 98? Pretty rare and $$$.

I wish I had both my Olds' back....a '66 F-85 w/442 option and a '61 Dynamic 88 2dr HT (bubbletop).....

WingCharger

Chris G.

Quote from: Joshua on September 23, 2008, 05:03:48 PM

I don't think that is true.

Sure the muscle car era may have ended, but there were some pretty cool cars built after 1972.  :Twocents:

The70RT

Quote from: Chris G. on September 23, 2008, 05:50:51 PM
Quote from: Joshua on September 23, 2008, 05:03:48 PM

I don't think that is true.

Sure the muscle car era may have ended, but there were some pretty cool cars built after 1972.  :Twocents:

I agree with Chris not all........As we all know GM Cars got fat after 72 especially the Chevelle & Monte Carlo. Now on the other hand the Cuda and Challenger was left basicly the same untill production stopped in 74. The Dusters & Darts got the big bumper in 73 but were still cool till they vanished in 76.

The70RT

I uploaded pics on their site after I seen the other guy had mine under his user name.  I put on some that when you click on they don't get big and for some reason I can't or don't know how to delete them to repost. I even found an old thread where someone else had the same problem and bumped it up but nobody will respond to the thread. I even sent the Mod two messages about the deleting the other guys (my) pics and about deleting mine but no response. I guess I wore my welcome out over there :'( Oh well I guess when I start restoring my Cutlass Convertible after the Charger. Can I hang out over here if I put a Hemi in it?  :laugh: