News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Missed an amazing opportunity (another new Challenger tale)

Started by Ghoste, September 21, 2008, 08:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I don't think Chrysler has offered a vehicle in quite some time that has generated as much myth and excitment as the new Challenger.  Anyway, here is my second new Challenger amazing tale in just a couple of days.
At the local Dodge dealership yesterday to get some parts and a young salesman sees me standing there with my Mopar Performance t-shirt on and proceeds to point out the new Challenger SE they have sitting there.  It's plated as a demo and the white paint doesn't quite make it stand out for my tastes.  When I mention that I'm not too interested in it, he goes on to tell me how "those cars are trading for hundreds of thousnads of dollars on e-bay".  Naturally I was amazed and I informed him that I didn't have that kind of money and this was when he shared the deal with me.  They weren't trying to get hundreds of thousands for that one, I could take that day for full list.  I told him that as badly as I wanted to save hundreds of thousands of dollars on a used car (it's a demo), I just didn't have room for another toy in my garage.  He told me I was missing an amazing opportunity.
I must have been wearing my moron hat?

CharcoalCharger

I have a funny story similar to that(similar as it happened at the dealership).  I went into a local Dodge dealership back in 2003.  My pants and shirt had grease stains on them as I had been working on my Dart earlier.  Clearly I wasn't there to purchase a new car.  Anyway, as I walked up to the front door a woman salesperson approaches me.  She informs me that they are having a contest to see who can get the most people to climb into the trunk of the new Stratus.  She said if I would do that for her she'd give me $10.  I figured it would only take a couple minutes so I said ok.  We proceeded into the building and she was acting like she was showing me some new cars.  As we walked around this Stratus I would make comments about it that would have her making a face at me because some of her peers were watching.  I remember telling her how I didn't like the way Dodge changed the grill on the new Stratus, so I wasn't going to buy one...or that one didn't have a sunroof so I didn't want it.  We get to the back of the car and she mentions how roomy the trunk is.  She ask me to climb inside and not to worry, there is the emergency latch that glows that I can pull to open the trunk.  I give her a smile and climb into the trunk.  She closes the trunk and I start kicking and screaming. :smilielol:  As I'm trying not to laugh I can hear her yelling for me to pull the latch.  I eventually do that, the trunk opens, and I climb out.  I look over at the guys that were watching and smile, :angel: they all start laughing.  The lady, she didn't think it was so funny at first, but we walked over to her desk, she slips me the 10, I say thanks, she just shakes her head, and I continue  on my way to the parts dept.  I don't know if she ever won the contest or not, but hopefully I helped.   :icon_smile_big:

resq302

Heres a stupid question but how is something supposed to glow in the dark when it never or rarely gets opened to absorb the sunlight to make it phosphorescent?   Even better, I would have yelled that its not glowing, I can't find it. :nana:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

CharcoalCharger

Yeah, I just yelled, "Let me out, let me out!"  She was telling me to pull on the latch.  I didn't think of that.  I should have yelled I couldn't see it, that would have been funny.   :lol: