News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona hood pin question?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, September 20, 2008, 07:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

So how long are the hood pin cables on a Daytona?  Who makes the most "Correct" hood pin kit?

hemigeno

The lanyards are supposed to be 18".  I think Badalson has some of the best reproduction hood pin and cable sets, but you'd have to check with him to see if he offers the 18" lanyards or not.

hemigeno

BTW, were you at Monster Mopar today, Chris?  Didn't see ya, but I was running from pillar to post most of the day.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemigeno on September 20, 2008, 07:59:48 PM
The lanyards are supposed to be 18".  I think Badalson has some of the best reproduction hood pin and cable sets, but you'd have to check with him to see if he offers the 18" lanyards or not.

Thanks, Geno!  I thought the lanyards were supposed to be on the shorter side.  A vendor at the show today had a nice looking kit for $50. I ALMOST bought one when I noticed the label said " 25 inch cables, fits "69 Daytona and all 68-71 B-bodies" I told the guy I thought 25" cables were WAY too long for a Daytona, but he said "I'm just going by what Year One says they fit"  ::)

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemigeno on September 20, 2008, 08:00:28 PM
BTW, were you at Monster Mopar today, Chris?  Didn't see ya, but I was running from pillar to post most of the day.

Yep, I was there all day today and Friday too. I spent most of my time in the swapmeet area. I took some time and looked your truck and Charger over "again"  You had left the truck's passenger side door open and I got a chance to really look at the interior for the first time. The inside looks as good as the outside :2thumbs: I'm very Impressed! The new motor ain't too shabby either ;)

When I finally made it to the DC.com tent...there wasn't anybody home  :shruggy:

The wife and I spent a good while looking over the wing cars, and I was very pleased to see the first production Talladega ever built...that was pretty cool...

I wonder how tough it would be to clone a Talladega...  :scratchchin:

NAH!!! Better not even think about that one :eek2:

See y'all in the morning :icon_smile_cool:

hotrod98

Yearone shows that 25" lanyards are correct for Daytonas.
Here's a pic from the MMW show. Don't remember who's car it was.
Can't tell the length from this pic, but doesn't look like 25".

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

That looks like the hood on Brent and Sherri's Daytona.  Just a guess though.

hotrod98

You may be right.
I saw so many new cars and new faces, that I just couldn't register it all in my brain.
Unfortunately, someone mentioned a restorable Daytona that they knew of for sale and I didn't think to write it down.
Anyone remember telling me about it? My wife and I talked about that mistake all of the way home.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 21, 2008, 04:29:14 PM
You may be right.
I saw so many new cars and new faces, that I just couldn't register it all in my brain.
Unfortunately, someone mentioned a restorable Daytona that they knew of for sale and I didn't think to write it down.
Anyone remember telling me about it? My wife and I talked about that mistake all of the way home.  :icon_smile_big:
ask doug S. his buddy mike B.(TOR RED BIRD) has a very restorable daytona  forsale up in wisconsin good price also !!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Stuart, I  knew that you were depressed about the engine problem and didn't feel all that great. It can be a little embarrassing to some people. Don't let it get you down. Once the motor goes together right, it will run great for years. I can truly say that I've been there and done that. At one point, I was so embarrassed and disgusted with my Cuda that I couldn't even look at  it. Then one day I realized that it was just a bunch of parts and a few of them weren't right. I changed some stuff and so far, I've driven that car all over and it's never failed me. Of course, it might now. lol

As for the daytona thing, I'm kind of sick that I can't remember who mentioned the restorable daytona to me this weekend. I truly have sensory overload. I have my projects and several customer projects going on at the same time.
Was it you that mentioned the car to me? Seems like it was someone else.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 21, 2008, 09:00:17 PM
Stuart, I  knew that you were depressed about the engine problem and didn't feel all that great. It can be a little embarrassing to some people. Don't let it get you down. Once the motor goes together right, it will run great for years. I can truly say that I've been there and done that. At one point, I was so embarrassed and disgusted with my Cuda that I couldn't even look at  it. Then one day I realized that it was just a bunch of parts and a few of them weren't right. I changed some stuff and so far, I've driven that car all over and it's never failed me. Of course, it might now. lol

As for the daytona thing, I'm kind of sick that I can't remember who mentioned the restorable daytona to me this weekend. I truly have sensory overload. I have my projects and several customer projects going on at the same time.
Was it you that mentioned the car to me? Seems like it was someone else.
not sure i did mention the car to a couple of people but i think you and I only talked birds?

thanks i had a cold also and was not feeling great , I'm still feeling weak ! It was great meeting you and your wife wish we had more time to talk !!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

We'll get time to later. Too much stuff, too many people, way too much fun.
I tend to get a little quiet when I'm around people that know a lot more about this stuff than I do. It's the only way to learn more stuff.  ;D

Charles Addams