News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone ever bought a car from new mexico?

Started by police1, September 20, 2008, 07:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

police1

just wonderinf if anyone has ever had any problems buying a car out of new mexico? :shruggy:

TK73

Quote from: police1 on September 20, 2008, 07:36:05 AM
just wonderinf if anyone has ever had any problems buying a car out of new mexico? :shruggy:

The only problem i could see is getting a trunk full of "immigrants" in the deal...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: police1 on September 20, 2008, 07:36:05 AM
You mean like vs uh, Virginia?

:slap:

68charger383

I did, but the Apache's attacked the wagon train and the car was lost.   :nana:

Its actually a great place to buy a car from since the weather depending on location in the state is identical to Arizona.

On a side note, Val Kilmer (Batman #2 & the Ice Man from top gun) will be running for Governor of that fine state.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

73ChargerSE

Cars from New Mexico will be like cars from AZ, like mentioned.  Be aware of the interior and the wiring, pack rats LOVE to make homes out of the seats.  Also check the heater box, ducts, etc.  Rust probably won't be a problem in the car.  Just a few things I know of being from AZ.

Paul

derailed

I bought an 81 F150 Ranger out of New Mexico awhile back. Great truck with no rust issues. Father has it now back in Colorado and still running. What kind of issues are you talking about?

ChargersETC..ETC..

No but as long as it's New Mexico USA  and NOT! Mexico I'd consider it for the right car.
Buying it sounds like the easy part  if you plan on traveling there and hauling it home yourself that could be a nightmare of a trip depending on cars location. Better have good reliable transportation  and watch out for rattlesnakes and heatstroke. 

Paul G

I have been living in Arizona for three weeks now. I have been noticing cars from the 60's and 70's that are still driven regularly with no rust through on them. They have some surface rust but no visable holes. They have no rubber or vinyl parts left either. The heat and the sun have dissintegrated any of that.

Keep in mind though that just because the car is in the southwest now, it may not have been there it's whole life. Check up on that. My Grand Am that I am driving now, which will live out the remainder of it's life in sunny AZ spent it's first 9 years in the rust belt. It looks like a turd compared to other cars it's age that have been in AZ for the last 9 years. And I thought I kept pretty good care of it!   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

HKCharger