News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally got the motor! *INSTALL PICS* -its running!-VIDEO * ITS ON THE STREET!*

Started by SFRT, September 19, 2008, 06:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

so I did  little more to the car last few days.

dissasembled and fixed the drivers side door

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

cleaned up the drivers side jamb area, had some holes, patched them with new metal

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

painted it, fixed all the glass, new mirror and felts and weatherstripping etc. lined up all the boday panels, everything fits  nice now, so soon I weld in the torque boxes.

I also got a set of 10" wheels with 295/50/15s for the back....car is faster off the line and more stable, but I dont know if I like the look yet.

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

car continues to run like a raped ape...last night, in celebration of the prop 8 protest i did a massive open headers burnout in front of City Hall on Van Ness.

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

all the body gaps are even now, and the doors close with a nice *click* so its down to like the fussy glaze bodywork I guess

on this weekends hit parade to do list is pull out the windshield wiper linkage and clean, fix and re-install that and also re-cover the seats with the leather insert set I just got from legendary

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

while the new wider rear tires are nice, they are about 1.5 inches smaller diameter...and I dont know if I like them

I might go back to the 275/50's

Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: The next thing you need to work on is your spelling and punctuation...  :icon_smile_wink:  :nana:  :slap:

Awesome Frank!  :2thumbs:

SFRT

what I really want are some 2965/50/15's or 305/50/15's but no one seems to make them AND a set of matching 235/75/15's with raised white letters......

I could run Hoosiers, but I dont want to deal with tubed tires.

any suggestions?
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 08, 2008, 03:38:53 PM
:scratchchin: The next thing you need to work on is your spelling and punctuation...  :icon_smile_wink:  :nana:  :slap:

Awesome Frank!  :2thumbs:

Ok Miss Marple.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

I have 295/50/15's...what I need is a 295/60/15  or a 305/60/15 I need a taller sidewall for more diameter....I bungled the above post.... :eek2:
Always Drive Responsibly

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 08, 2008, 03:38:53 PM
:scratchchin: The next thing you need to work on is your spelling and punctuation... 

You are the last guy that should talk. You make 340six on Moparts look good at times.  :slap:

FLG

lol  :nana:

Looks like your just SOL. I looked and cant find jack exept slicks.

Only other option is to sacrafice some tread and go with 275/60's which are about 28" in diameter.

SFRT

yeah I had 275/60/8" on there and they looked swell in profile, too narrow from behind and like, no traction...

man, maybe I will just get some Hoosiers.
Always Drive Responsibly

firefighter3931

Have a look at the Hoosier pro-street radial ; 29/12.50/15 on a 10in rim will fill up that wheelwell  :2thumbs:

Those are not available in a raised white letter, unfortunately.  :P

Hoosier does make a raised white letter drag radial in the 295/65/15 size that is the same size as my BFG drag radials but the tread on those looks very minimal....basicly a street slick. Fwiw, a 295/65/15 is about as big as you can go without stretching the wheel wells.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SFRT

I was thinking if I get the hoosier street radials I could stencil on my own lettering..... :scratchchin:

silkscreen it maybe....  I know how to silkscreen..anyone know what sort of paint/crud they use on raised tires letters?
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

allright....got my new seat covers insatlled last night:

went with the leather inserts....feel much nicer than the cloth ones:

which are up fpr grabs in the classifieds if anyone wants them....
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Just 6T9 CHGR

Interesting....not bad at all.

Still curious to see if that was the actual factory location & if there were any additional bracing needed for the pins.  Never seen a factory pic with the cables...or even the pins for that matter.....this is as old & "original" as I have...

Where did you mount the cables?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2008, 09:24:58 PM
As an aside, where did that pic come from Chris?
Got it from Brian (UFO) on the site.....not sure where he got it from???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 21, 2008, 09:26:26 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2008, 09:24:58 PM
As an aside, where did that pic come from Chris?
Got it from Brian (UFO) on the site.....not sure where he got it from???

In that picture it shows the hood pins being forward of the radiator support.  I dont know that the grille support top (for lack of better description) would be the better place for hood pins.  Do you think that photo is incorrect for where they came from the factory?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SFRT

I thought about it for a long time and came to the conclusion that the bumper pin needed to stay so the strongest point was where the ear and the rad support met, so thats where I put em. They seem to very very sturdy and it looks ok to me.

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

the ones inthe promo pic may be dummies. the top grill support too flimsy I think unless there was additional backing plate added?
Always Drive Responsibly