News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Southwest Winter Vacation 3,750 Mile Trip in 10 days! PICS!

Started by The70RT, September 19, 2008, 10:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Yeah Lisa, Stumpy loved every place we went and it really wore him out....yeah he loves the salt water. I think he liked you saddle more though....sorry bout that  :slap: We had to stop in Havasu AZ to check out the London Bridge  :rock: The first pic is farther down below the bridge  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

dams and bridges eh?..  :scratchchin: i guess in the middle of the country water is some sort of big deal... :smilielol:
was that silver chevy your "home away from home"?..  :shruggy:

The70RT

We had to keep rolling to make the next stop before dark again (the way I planned it was to drive in the day mostly)but all the things to see was over whelming  :yesnod: Sorry bad glare pic. This was a cool old motel with Wigwam rooms  :o Each room had an old car outside of it....crazy!!! Also an old Dart Yellow with red stripes  :shruggy:

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 05, 2009, 04:38:51 PM
dams and bridges eh?..  :scratchchin: i guess in the middle of the country water is some sort of big deal... :smilielol:
was that silver chevy your "home away from home"?..  :shruggy:

I would say it is a big deal....I could count the rivers we went over the whole trip. There is more water in Kansas than the whole Southwest. We stayed at State Parks instead of Motels.....Who wants to see Motels  :shruggy: I find old dams and bridges interesting.....to bad I couldn't do the coast of Cali on HWY one to Oregon and check out all the old bridges then I could have stopped and bugged the shit out of you for a moment or two  :icon_smile_big:
Yeah we stayed in the Chebby except at the Skips and Flagstaff.

The70RT

Lymon Lake AZ...yeah it wasn't a big deal just a resting place  :laugh: Day 9 Destination. Yep another body of water. This time Lake UTE NM....never even seen a damed Ute the whole time either  :rotz:

The70RT

Passing through Albuquerque....Im getting hungry  :icon_smile_tongue: And Unser Blvd.  :scratchchin:

The70RT

So I took KS71 Owners advice and stopped at La Citas, Thanks buddy it was pretty good! And made it to Ute Lake before dark  :yesnod:

The70RT

DAY 10 .....yep but some cool pics yet to come. These are some pics from some guy that just wants to park his cars by the road in Nuna Visa OK...I think. Windows tell the story  :laugh: A couple pics of an abanded station across from these cars too. Old DeSoto.

The70RT

Nothing in the Texas panhandle to see except this old stone Texas sign  :'( ..... :lol: but in the Oklahoma panhandle we passed some property that had about a dozen MoPars but a dog wouldn't let me out of the vehicle No one came out after a few minuites so I got some pics and went on my way. Too far from me to get anything anyway. 340 Duster, Roadrunners, Darts ...yada yada yada....and more just sitting there  :shruggy:

The70RT

There was more in the field but the damned old trucks blocked my view...I thought I got them? Look close to right of the next to the last pic 68 or 9 RR or Satelite. There was at least another Satelite or Runner in the field along with more Darts and Dusters. This old Barracuda was in Liberal Kansas behind a shop just sitting there  :shruggy:

The70RT

Nothing much here except and old train bridge and a wheat field and grain elevators for Brock  :laugh: You don't see these in the southwest.

The70RT

Dalton Gang hideout and off to Dodge City  :coolgleamA:

The70RT

Dodge City  :2guns: Some Trains for Todd

The70RT

Another Engine and Boot Hill.  :yesnod:

The70RT

Big Stud Bull in the center of main street, and Dodge theater that looked cool but probably no longer in service  :shruggy: That's it folks. It was fun, hope you all enjoyed the ride with us. Here is pics again why we left eastern Kansas yeah....boring  :lol:

vancamp

Ive been to Dodge city twice and thats almost close to being in the middle of nowhere, did you go thru greeneville where the tornado took out the town?

The70RT

Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 06:00:18 PM
Ive been to Dodge city twice and thats almost close to being in the middle of nowhere, did you go thru greeneville where the tornado took out the town?

No ...not that I remember. Now the big Tornado that hit Greensburg that town is like north west of Wichita but you meant Greeneville right?

Tilar

Looks like you had a great time! I remember a few of those places from when I was driving truck.

Did you go by Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

vancamp

Quote from: The70RT on January 05, 2009, 06:13:07 PM
Quote from: vancamp on January 05, 2009, 06:00:18 PM

No ...not that I remember. Now the big Tornado that hit Greensburg that town is like north west of Wichita but you meant Greeneville right?
your right greensburg, I had a brainfart, anyway we came thru there the day they reopened the highway thru town and  :o there wasnt much left to rebuild with they had triage centers set up in army tents.

skip68

:2thumbs:  WOW   :o   That was one hell of a trip.   Meeting the skips, going to the coast, going on the London bridge, meeting the skips, looking at cool cars, the Grand Canyon, lots of snow, meeting the skips and then Dodge City.   :2thumbs:    :icon_smile_big:  Great pics Dennis.  ;)   Come back anytime you want.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:  I'll put the saddle out just for Stumpy too.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:    Chuck.................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

wow  dude what a awesome trip  :coolgleamA:  .. great photos   :popcrn:, thanks for sharing
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

The70RT

Quote from: Tilar on January 05, 2009, 06:33:28 PM
Looks like you had a great time! I remember a few of those places from when I was driving truck.

Did you go by Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo?

It was dark when we got to Amarillo and the next morning when we headed out it started blowing snow and actually had it written down but forgot about it  :brickwall:

Quote from: skip68 on January 05, 2009, 08:29:59 PM
:2thumbs:  WOW   :o   That was one hell of a trip.   Meeting the skips, going to the coast, going on the London bridge, meeting the skips, looking at cool cars, the Grand Canyon, lots of snow, meeting the skips and then Dodge City.   :2thumbs:    :icon_smile_big:  Great pics Dennis.  ;)   Come back anytime you want.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:  I'll put the saddle out just for Stumpy too.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:    Chuck.................

I sure will buddy.....thanks  :2thumbs:

Quote from: tan top on January 05, 2009, 09:01:54 PM
wow  dude what a awesome trip  :coolgleamA:  .. great photos   :popcrn:, thanks for sharing

Anytime TanTop  :cheers:

Shakey

The70RT

GreenMachine

Thanks for the Hoover Dam pics, I was there about 4 years ago and the bridge was under construction then, I figured it'd be done by now even though it is supposed to set records and be an engineering feat.
   When I went to Santa Monica, it was the same, a nice warm sunny day, then a few miles from the beach it got overcast and colder.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

GreenMachine

Since you missed Cadillac Ranch..............
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.