News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alberta Wrecking Yard *Warning Dial-Up Users*

Started by Drache, August 01, 2005, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stwheels

I'm pretty sure those pictures were taken at at least a couple of wrecking yards near Edmonton, Alberta. 

One of them is:  Aldon Auto Salvage Limited (780) 895-2524

This yard is just East of Edmonton at the town of Lamont.

They have tons of kool stuff but their prices keep most of the parts on the cars. I picked up a real nice, complete tuff wheel out of a Cordoba a couple of summers ago for $80.00 Canadian and a few pulleys I needed for another $20.00.

One of the other yards is called: Aerotech auto Body (780)-942-2559

They are located near Gibbons, Alberta just North of Edmonton. Run by a father (Vic) +  son (Lorne) (you want to talk with Vic, the dad)

They have an amazing array of all brands of American muscle including a COPO Camaro, 69 Z-28, Olds 442 W-30, Lots of Mopars and Vic rebuilds and flies "MAUL" (French design) short takeoff and landing aircraft.

We are kind of spoiled out west as there are many yards (some bigger, some smaller) full of restorable cars. Thy've been picked over for all the rare/desireable items but you can still get lucky if you are in the right spot at the right time.

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
web site: http://drive.to/stwheels
Specializing in MOPAR wood grain steering wheels
Doug Lepak<br />The Steering Wheel Guy<br />Repairs/Refinishing + Customizing of any Plastic, Hard Rubber or Bakelite steering wheels<br />Specializing in MOPAR wood grain wheels WEB SITE: www.stwheelz.com

mustanghater

did you say copo :o ,is their a site for these yards?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

stwheels

The COPO Camaro, 69 Z-28 and Olds 442 W-30 are all in their personal collection. Sorry niether of the yards has web sites.

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
Doug Lepak<br />The Steering Wheel Guy<br />Repairs/Refinishing + Customizing of any Plastic, Hard Rubber or Bakelite steering wheels<br />Specializing in MOPAR wood grain wheels WEB SITE: www.stwheelz.com

Island Charger

So there just may be somewhere to get parts for a 69 in western Canada.  Thanks for posting this,  I thought I have phoned everywhere and my phone bill can varify that. :o

IBsmokin

chargerguy74, wuts up buddy?  yah man that guys a real A-hole man, he will never sell parts cause he wants way to much for them.

Magnumcharger

Just thought I'd let you all know that it was I who shot all of those pictures, and a whole lot more that can be seen here:

http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/carsinbarns.html

Oh yeah, and it's Aero-tique, not Aerotech

Enjoy the torture!!
Robin
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

nakita7

Quote from: stwheels on August 03, 2005, 07:28:16 PM
I'm pretty sure those pictures were taken at at least a couple of wrecking yards near Edmonton, Alberta. 

They have tons of kool stuff but their prices keep most of the parts on the cars. I picked up a real nice, complete tuff wheel out of a Cordoba a couple of summers ago for $80.00 Canadian and a few pulleys I needed for another $20.00.

They are located near Gibbons, Alberta just North of Edmonton. Run by a father (Vic) +  son (Lorne) (you want to talk with Vic, the dad)

They have an amazing array of all brands of American muscle including a COPO Camaro, 69 Z-28, Olds 442 W-30, Lots of Mopars and Vic rebuilds and flies "MAUL" (French design) short takeoff and landing aircraft.

We are kind of spoiled out west as there are many yards (some bigger, some smaller) full of restorable cars. Thy've been picked over for all the rare/desireable items but you can still get lucky if you are in the right spot at the right time.

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy

You are exactly right Doug... ;)

Used to live in Edmonton and been to both many times. Not cheap, but then, neither are Mopars. There are SO many Mopars on the prairies, the reason being there were more Chrysler Dealerships there in the 60's and 70's, hence simply more cars there, but that's a secret, so don't tell anyone...

There is also a place in Allan, SK that has (had?) a bunch on Mopars, not sure if they are still around. Anyone know?

73plymouth

[

Quote from: stwheels on August 03, 2005, 07:28:16 PM

Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy

Hi guy's, I just saw this thread and had to register to comment. Doug, your exactly right on the yards shown here, I've been to both and yes the prices can be quite high! I think we actually got lucky into talking the son out at Gibbons into selling us a new roof for my dads 68 charger for $400.00 Canadian. The dad originally quoted us $250 but the Mopars are the sons cars and I guess he sets the prices.
If anyones curious, it's from the yellow 68 with no butt & covered in snow in the pictures up above. Not much left of that car but the roof is primo! :METAL:

Magnumcharger

Sad, just sad.
What's even sadder it the fact that I've moved away from Alberta to the east coast, where there are no good junkyards to take pictures at.
I am plum depressed!
Kori sends me a few pics from out west every so often...

Bill Howell

My granddad bought a Gold Duster, I am thinking it was 72 or 73. Just a sticker, stripe and maybe a interior appointment or two, no big deal as I remember. Probably rare now though.
Bill Howell

69*F5*SE

That's pretty sad just seeing all those Mopars rotting away.   :rotz:

Ghoste

At least the potential is there for them to be saved or give up parts to another car that can be saved.  In Ontario it seems like the yards with the older stuff all had them shredded and sent to China over the last ten years.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 19, 2008, 06:55:41 AM
Sad, just sad.
What's even sadder it the fact that I've moved away from Alberta to the east coast, where there are no good junkyards to take pictures at.
I am plum depressed!
Kori sends me a few pics from out west every so often...

Hey Robin,
Those Alberta wrecking yard pics have to be going on 5 years old or so now, eh?
That Maple Leaf Mopar site is quite good....I check it out often.
I heard now that its Number 1 photographer and Mopar Blood Hound has moved back east they need a replacement to send in the "goods" from out west.
The position doesn't pay well, but the MLM groupies more than make up for it :D

That Demon, Duster, Swinger pic is top shelf :2thumbs:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Magnumcharger

Dave...I wonder why you'd be visiting that site? ;)
Perhaps I should book bus tours for you "Upper Canadians" to get a look at the REAL treasures of the west!!

Methinks I'll be back out on the Prairies within the year. Too many opportunities to be had!

69bronzeT5