News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pressure Plate Bolts

Started by Chatt69chgr, September 19, 2008, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I am converting my automatic 440/727 to a A833 4-speed.  I bought my pressure plate, flywheel, and clutch from Centerforce but they don't supply and don't have the pressure plate bolts.  I called them and they don't know what the correct size is nor did they know where to get them.  I do understand that I have to use the correct part here that has a shoulder on it.  I think they are 3/8 inch grade 8 black phospate coated of unknown length.  I suspect that you can buy these from Chrysler but as you all probably know, if you don't have the Chrysler Part Number, you are out of luck----they conveniently can't look up by application.  Also note that Arp doesn't list pressure plate to flywheel bolts for a Chrysler of any kind. 

Does anyone know if there is, indeed, a Chrysler part number for these?  I did note in my Mopar Restoration Parts catalog a part number but it also includes the 6 bolts for the flywheel which I already have (and the price is pretty high for both flywheel and pressure plate bolt set---O/W, I would just go down and order that).

Or does someone have a good source for these?  I didn't notice them on Brewers site or Passon Perf. site.  Summit didn't list any for Chrysler either.

Just called Arp Tech Support.  They don't know either.  Said to make lots of measurements and call them back.

Charger-Bodie

They are the same as a 70s ish chevy.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Chatt69chgr

Thanks.  I have continued to surf around on the internet and I think they are 3/8-16 X 1" also.   Looks like the Chevy bolts are the same and I found Summit has the ARP # 130-2201 and Mr. Gasket # 901 in this size.  Both numbers are for a kit of six bolts with accompanying washers.  The ARP set are 180,000 psi and the Mr. Gasket set are grade 8.  I'll probably order the ARP set for $11.95.