News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help 318/904 to a 440/727

Started by coldfilter, September 18, 2008, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfilter

So I have a 72 Charger SE that had a 318 and a 904.    I got a 440 with a 727 trans that i put into it.   So my first problem was with the shifter torque bracket.    Someone on another forum posted a pic and it turns out that i had the wrong type of tail shaft for the bracket.    I got that switched out last night.    So currently imo my car is finally almost done.   I was starting on the exhaust and it looks like the headers point up towards the belly of the car a bit.    Is their a diffrent cross member or something that i need for the trans?    The drive shaft lines up and everything bolts up fine but it just seems a little off to me.   I got the headers last year from jegs.   They are headman headers.   Is their something i am missing?

coldfilter

Here is a pic from jegs site on the headers.

coldfilter

Talked to an exhaust shop and they told me that sometimes "that just happens."    Looks like i have to have custom exhaust piece built for the front of the collectors.