News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I have a question regarding the painted panel in between the bumpers of 1970 Cor

Started by AC/DC charger, September 18, 2008, 04:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC/DC charger

The front bumper was not painted on any 1970 Coronet, but was completely plated. However, there was an area in between the bumpers that was painted..What was this area called and what models/colors determined if was to be painted or not?
MOPAR OR NOCAR
www.myspace.com/thunderstruck225
Damn blue oval

terrible one

The thing between the two bumpers was simply a chrome plate that was riveted on, making them all appear as one. Under it was always body color. At least, that's how I understood it.

472 R/T SE

It was always my understanding the R/T's & Bees was body color between the loops.

"One neat finishing touch on most of the two-door Coronets was a body-color vinyl appliqué that covered the bumper's recessed center section, cleverly making the twin loops look like freestanding units. (Sedans and wagons lacked this appliqué because preproduction surveys indicated that their buyers preferred more chrome.)"

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1968-1970-dodge-coronet-r-t4.htm

AC/DC charger

MOPAR OR NOCAR
www.myspace.com/thunderstruck225
Damn blue oval

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 18, 2008, 07:16:05 PM
It was always my understanding the R/T's & Bees was body color between the loops.

"One neat finishing touch on most of the two-door Coronets was a body-color vinyl appliqué that covered the bumper's recessed center section, cleverly making the twin loops look like freestanding units. (Sedans and wagons lacked this appliqué because preproduction surveys indicated that their buyers preferred more chrome.)"

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1968-1970-dodge-coronet-r-t4.htm

Andy 440 and I have discussed this. The chrome insert appears on both SBs and R/Ts. From my recollection, there does not seem to be any specific coding or accessories package that triggers the piece. It does not seem to appear any more or less during the production year. The reason as to why some got the chrome and some did not does not seem to be known at this time.

If you look through Andy's site, you'll see both Bees and R/Ts with the piece.

http://andy440.com/
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

472 R/T SE

A while ago I had a couple '70 Bees.  The original owner car I bought was body color and the one that needed work & had different pieces was chrome.

Back then the research I had done including asking GG, was body color   Another instance of "it depends who you talk to".  :Twocents:

Charger-Bodie

My dad Had a 70 R/T with the body color piece 'tween the hoops. He was the second owner and the car had 100 % of its orig paint and parts on it when da got it from the original owner .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............