News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's not a Charger but.... Priceless

Started by 70Sbird, September 15, 2008, 04:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Buying a car off of the internet: $4,000
2 one way tickets to Dallas $400
Arriving in Texas at the exact same time as hurricane IKE $0
Rain-X wipes $2.00
Fuel for a 900 mile trip $185
Breaking down in Missouri, and repairing a hole in a radiator hose with duct tape and a zip-tie $ 0.25

Spending 2 days with your 16 yr old daughter in an old car with no radio in the rain, and making it home OK  - PRICELESS!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

By the way, the duct tape and zip-tie made it all the way home!!!!!

Scott

Scott Faulkner

gers1968rt

Some guys have all the fun. Looks like a real solid car. Congrats.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

moparstuart

looks like a clean little 6 cy gas saver !   :2thumbs:   you picked a great time to go pick it up  :brickwall:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rt green

one day.... i'll have one of those.         looks great!! glad you had fun on your trip.
third string oil changer

Musicman

Blown70

HAHAHA that is great.  You should submit that one.

Great times.  :cheers:

69*F5*SE

Great story, glad you made it home. Cool car.

hutch

How cool is that.     :2thumbs:   Right on Dad!   Thats good stuff and I am sure  your daughter is going to share that story for years.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Dans 68

...and McDonalds! I'm sure you both had a great time. She will remember that trip for the rest of her life!  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow great story!   Sadly my 2 girls are more interested in dancing school than old cars :rotz:  I blame their mother! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Now that's a wicked nice ride, dang, I wish I could find one on the cheap! :2thumbs:

Glad you had fun and your family is involved as well.  Keep her on the right path Dad!!! :cheers:

Nice recovery on the tape and tie deal. :yesnod:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Finn

WOO a demon!

*sorry I love those cars haha *
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

I always liked the 71 verse the 72 grille. How about a pic of the rear end(love them T/L's). :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69charger2002

that is really cool! glad you had a safe trip. she will always remember that trip!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

:2thumbs: I love memorable trips, as long as they're not overly memorable.

Ghoste

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 15, 2008, 06:50:15 PM
Wow great story!   Sadly my 2 girls are more interested in dancing school than old cars :rotz:  I blame their mother! ;)

Like it was typed word for word from me.  :cheers:

CHRGR SE

Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

71ChallengeHer

Great story. Glad you made it home safely. Did you buy the Demon for your daughter ? My daughter would paint it Panther Pink and drive it.  :rofl: :rofl:

AZ-Nick

Scott, Great story and one your daughter won't forget.... thanks for sharing it.... Nick
Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

evil1

Back in high school , I had a 340 Demon , loved that car . All ways liked the little Demon stickers on it.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

41husk

Great story, and with the storm you may have saved that car, I bet many nice old mopars met with much worse fait than a tapped up rad hose :yesnod: that means not only are you a hero in your daughters eyes (I'm assuming the car is for her) but to old cars everywere :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hutch

LOL, Im in the same boat brother.

I got two little girls and they both hate cars.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

41husk

Until they are 16 and get there license,  Then they will be interested in cars, but mostly just sound system, AC, and starts when you turn the key.  Now if they get a boy friend who likes old cars, they will more than likely develope a sudden interest :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70Sbird

Quote from: Ghoste on September 15, 2008, 07:26:27 PM

Like it was typed word for word from me.  :cheers:

Thanks for all the positive feedback,
I must admit I have two teenage daughters and both have been dancing 3 nights a week for 13 years!
This one is my oldest and is all about Tap and Jazz dancing! She's not really much of a car nut, other than she digs on her 99 VW Beetle!
I just tried to get the opportunity to capture her for a couple of days, to spend some one -on -one time and this worked out
She probably will only still be "in the nest" full time for a couple more years  :'( 
I still can't believe that I have a teenage child! I still act like one myself!!!
She did drive the car a bit and described it a "Wobbly" compared to our other cars!
:rofl:

Scott Faulkner