News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GL clone in local tuning magazine

Started by Charger_Croatia, October 27, 2005, 04:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Croatia

I'm not big fan of tuning magazines, just a bunch of ricers inside. But yesterday my friend told me that i should buy one, it has something that can be interesting for me. OK, I bought one and somewhere in the middle there she is: GL clone!!
I must admit it was nice to see an article about 2nd gen Charger, in local magazines we don't have much about muscle cars. But, I must say that GL don't belong among all that funny cars (at least for me) . According to that article, more jobs to be done on her to be real clone.

I scanned two pages and here they are. Maybe someone know this car (plate ABM 4391).
Original engine was 318, now has 383 4bbl Holley; Hooker headers; front discs; Boge gas shock absorbers; wheels American Racing Cyclone 15x7''.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

RD

wow, nice to see a charger gracing the pages of a Croatian magazine!  Petar, make sure you frame a copy and put it in your shop! hehe

Aj' bog
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: RD on October 27, 2005, 10:11:55 AM
wow, nice to see a charger gracing the pages of a Croatian magazine!  Petar, make sure you frame a copy and put it in your shop! hehe

Aj' bog

Good idea! But maybe I'll pull out only few pages with Charger. The rest is a bunch of ricers cars, with few exceptions where serious tuning was done.

Aj' bog

Charger_Fan

Looks like they were pretty impressed by the hideaway headlights. :icon_smile_approve:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

not too shabby, got the horns and all,.. looks like it was an SE with A/C...  :icon_smile_cool:
is that there' in croatia?. I bet there ain't too many MOPES there... let alone Chargers...

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 27, 2005, 08:26:43 PM
not too shabby, got the horns and all,.. looks like it was an SE with A/C...  :icon_smile_cool:
is that there' in croatia?. I bet there ain't too many MOPES there... let alone Chargers...

That car is not here, reporter was in th US somewhere (Hector de Losada) so this article was translated for our local magazine. My input about that car is just facts from these few pages.

And not too many MOPES here, you're right Strato. Although 3rd gen, my car is THE FIRST Charger in Croatia. Too bad I didn't have more money for descent 2nd gen, maybe next time (just to say that total additional costs beside purchase price was almost $4500 for my '73)