News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Joe Ward / Spinner /Wingfan

Started by Hemi_tyme, September 13, 2008, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi_tyme

As many here knew Joe Ward as Spinner here on Mopowerstyle and Wingfan on Areo cars board. I met Joe thru Doug S when Joe was looking to buy his bird and needed some info. Joe bought the bird and when it arrive it was a nice 15 footer and need a little work here and there. Since Joe was not very mechanically inclined, I agreed to let him use my shop to work on his car, while I was there working on other birds, and I would walk him through the things he wanted to repair. So when we started repairing the little things, which snowballed into bigger things. Joe saw how the other cars were turning out and decided he wanted to do the same, so that's how Joe and I had started the restoration of his Tor-Red 440-4 asp bird last winter. Joe became sick in April and passed away in May. There the car sat for months until I talked to Joe's sister in July and was given the go ahead with the restoration. RIP my friend because the work is well under way
Ken

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Blown70

I am sure he is smiling from above.  Glad you could finish this for him.   :2thumbs:

tan top

sad he never got to see  it in paint   :angel:  awesome  job  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Aero426

We will be giving an award in Joe's name at Monster Mopar next weekend. 

Ghoste

I remember when his passing was posted so it is nice to see something he loved will be finished.  Good for you. :2thumbs:

billssuperbird

:drool5: very nice work. keep up the good work. :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Magnumcharger

Nice work. Who is paying for all of that restoration now?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Rat Exterminator

Nice to see the car get completed. I have a couple cars in various stages and it would be nice to see them completed if something happened but its very hard to get it done. People's worlds tend to fall apart when they pass. Kudo's to you for working with the family to get it done. Greg

rav440

:2thumbs: great work  :2thumbs: keep the pics comming
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

BigBlockSam

i didn't know Joe. he seems like a nice guy.it's a shame  he didn't get a chance to see it restored. you do nice work Ken   :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparnutty

I really liked Joe. Ken looks like your doing a super job,Joe would be proud.

Hemi_tyme

Thanks for kind words guys  :2thumbs:  I did work on the bird some what over the weekend since getting it back Friday...But this Ike storm had cut the power here today until late afternoon and I forgot my camera at the shop with updated pics.
Ken

Hemi_tyme

Hi all. Just a update on Joe's car. Finished up the Yellow Superbird just in time for the monster weekend  :2thumbs:
So now I'm back full time and try and get it finished for last big show of the year (3 weeks) around here on the river in Little Rock ( Joe as ways liked this show) Ken

hotrod98

Joe would have been so excited right now. Life isn't fair sometimes.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

I wish I could afford to send you my car!

that's awesome stuff--

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

At Monster Mopar on Saturday night, we gave an award in Joe's honor.    The crystal "flame" plaque was presented to Jim McCauley (3-Daytona).   The award didn't have to do with Jim's cars, but more with his spirit and ability to overcome some physical problems that might have driven others away from the hobby.    Anyone who knows Jim, knows that it is impossible to keep him down.   His wife Delma shown with him here is a big part of things.   I can tell you that there was nary a dry eye in the place and Jim received a standing ovation.     I think Joe would approve.

hemigeno

Quote from: DougSchellinger on October 01, 2008, 11:14:45 PM
At Monster Mopar on Saturday night, we gave an award in Joe's honor. The crystal "flame" plaque was presented to Jim McCauley (3-Daytona). The award didn't have to do with Jim's cars, but more with his spirit and ability to overcome some physical problems that might have driven others away from the hobby. Anyone who knows Jim, knows that it is impossible to keep him down. His wife Delma shown with him here is a big part of things. I can tell you that there was nary a dry eye in the place and Jim received a standing ovation. I think Joe would approve.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:bow:

Ken, keep up the good work on Joe's car.  Awesome stuff.

69_500

Congrats to Jim on the award, and the car is coming along very nicely Ken. I'm sure that the family will really love it when its completed.