News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So I finally got a scanner: Old Car Pics.

Started by Brock Samson, September 12, 2008, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

yep, Got a HP Photosmart multi function and have a couple pics here to share.
i tripeled my P.C.s RAM.. and I'm still learning how to scan and enhance and stuff, once i get it togeather I'll share some more.

Old Moparz

Brock, only 2 pix so far? And you're practicing by starting off with ancient stuff? At this rate, by the time you get to the cool 60's & 70's car pix, Bronzy & Wing will be old enough to legally go drinking together.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 12, 2008, 02:56:13 PM
Brock, only 2 pix so far? And you're practicing by starting off with ancient stuff?  :

maybe he wants us to see his entire portfolio.

I bet right now Brock is trying to post some of his baby pics. I hear it's pretty hard to scan daguerreotype plates though...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Musicman

I dated the gal in the middle for a while...  ended up marrying the one on the left... not me, the gal I was dating married her  :shruggy:

:lol:   :cheers:   :lol:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Musicman on September 12, 2008, 03:37:52 PM
I dated the gal in the middle for a while...  ended up marrying the one on the left... not me, the gal I was dating married her  :shruggy:

:lol:   :cheers:   :lol:

The one holding the oar?  She might be the best looking one of the bunch..  you screwed up on that one my friend..  :slap:    :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigRed66

The one with the oar? Mmmm,yyyeahhh....I'd hit that....THEN... :smilielol:
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

Musicman

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

i found several of these color and B&w pics at seperate flea market sales,.. put togeather they tell a story, the first pics were taken in '62 with the '58 ninety eight Olds and the Caddy behind the house. later pics from apparently 1962, the ford was purchased and the family documented...
anyone know if the ford is a '62 or '62 1/2 model?.. (ford used to have 1/2 models i don't know the details of how that worked or when that stopped).

Brock Samson

more of the same car and family. i gotta find a way to increase the size of the photos for reposting to this site.  :shruggy:
notice the B&W and the polaroid were taken at the same time.
'n writing on the back is behind the house picture with the swing set..

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Squarebirds being delivered to S&C Ford S.F. 1959.

Brock Samson

here's NYC from the woolworth's tower, no date but it's gotta be pretty freakin old..

skip68

Cool pics. Brock! :2thumbs: Thanks for sharing! :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Magnumcharger

I like!
Especially those old helicopter pictures!
Where do you find this stuff?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Brock Samson

thanks Magnum.
I knew you'd at least appreciate it them, even if it's not up to the level of the beave's totally awesome gtx score...   :drool5:
  Since my retirement last July I've begun haunting ooooowwooo  :lol: local flea markets and developing relationships with the very few vendors who sell the vintage photos, i've let them know i'm in the market for cool automotive stuff, the older the better and they have obliged by actively digging up stuff they don't normally have a market for... I have branched out a bit, finding some pretty awesome aviation stuff too and then the occasional misc. pic will surface like firetrucks or buses or motorcycles or repairshops or gas stations i've even got a few of movie cars and car show pics incl. a few mid '50 and early '60s concepts. i also got some other stuff i find like 1950 to 1974 car magazines, auto manuals and a few drawings and such.
  I guess from the half hearted response here most folks really don't care unless it's a 1963 to '74 two door Mopar but i sure do. I love these things. I've got about 500 plus now and have purchased a large magnifying glass and pour over the pics trying to ascertain details.
I'm slowly learning to distingush makes of automobiles by radiator caps, headlights and hood louvers, and though most of the pictures are Calif or west coast in origin, there are many from families who made cross country trips between the world wars and after and several from Mexico, Canada, Europe and Asia.
I find it increadable these wonderful pics end up in a flea market but as i understand it alot come from dumpsters and estate sales where family photograph albums are sold for a few dollors and the vendors take the photos out and sometimes classify them by subject matter but lose any continuity, that's why I'll find some pictures from san francisco to san jose and berkekey flea markets that obviously once belonged togeather in the same album but now the families photos are scattered who knows where.  :shruggy:
I'm still learning how to use the scanner and I'm toying with the idea of starting my own web site devoted to vintage pics of transport from the mid 1800s to about 1980,  I'm still working on that.
I would appreciate any help, suggestions or submissions anyone cares to offer. Thanks again.

i'll post up some more in a little while.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Brock Samson

here's the rest of the navy and helo related pics. Too bad they won't post as big as they actually are,..   the back of this one says "official photo USN Lakehurst NJ. dates Aug. ? 1951"

Brock Samson

this one says:
"11 sept 1955"
composite photo of aircraft of the fleet.
AJ in flight aupper right A3d
in flight over dessert (sic) lower left AF2s in flight
lower right and AF2W on anti sub training maneuver.
official navy photo DOD.
i tried to scan the backs for the info. but they come out too faint to be seen.

Brock Samson

nothing on the back of this one.  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

this one reads:
"Official US NAVY PHOTO
US NAVEL Air Station
LOS ALAMOS CALIFORNIA"
Date isn't filled out...
they're AVENGERS Aint they?..

Charger_Fan

Some of those old helicopters look like they would have been scary to fly.
Nice pics! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)