News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Project "ANGRIER" is finally done, new wheels and all... (PICS)

Started by NYCMille, September 11, 2008, 08:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

We finally finished it. ANGRIER is now complete... it was a long road and honestly, I'm glad its over..  :cheers:

skip68

Dam nice looking car there Mike.    :2thumbs: :drool5: :cheers:   Soooooooo,   what's under the hood this time ?   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

WingCharger

OH MY GOD!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o
It's...Beautiful!!! :cryin:

That is why I want a Daytona clone!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
:punkrocka: :woohoo:

Harlow

moparstuart

so is it a one piece wheel now ?  any other mods?   great work man hope you get all the kinks worked out .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SnoPro440

Nice job man.  It looks great!   :2thumbs:  I love the flat black.   
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

keepat

Pistolpete

another awesome job Mike, well done.

Almost finished my 68 pro tour as well, will send you some pics when she's done.

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mikepmcs

WOW! :o

That is one of the nicest rides I've ever put my eyes on.

Very nice Mike, man that is awesome....I have no words

The whole concept is absolutely incredible and the finished product is just gorgeous.

I'm green!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could take a pic with that car or even see it up close. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  The never before 5 thumbs to you sir. :METAL: :yesnod: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidoug

Pure E-V-I-L.....great work Mike. I can't wait to see it in person! Congrats on seeing your dream come true! :cheers:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

69charger2002

nice car mike.. it's come a long way in a short amount of time. congrats!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ds440

Hmmm....looks vaguely familiar. :cheers:

Absolutely killer, man.  Good luck and drive the hell outta that beast!

Keep us posted! :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

NHCharger

Mike, did you guys ever figure out the problem with the wheel?

For some reason your car reminds me of a stealth bomber, but I have no idea why.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Red Ram

Those wheels totally change the look...for the better! Congrats.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

Thanks Guys. Yep, all the kinks are pretty much worked out. Car runs and drives great now and handles like a friggin' slot car. We ditched the Nascar boom tube exhaust system because it was simply too loud - it sounded great going down the road but you were pretty much deaf by the time you reached your destination. We also had new wheels done by another company - these wheels are called "ANGRIER" and will be sold through http://www.mrangryinc.com in any size and or color combo you want. The gas tank is also being reworked. My good friend Peter Bergman is the one did all the mechanics on the car. The man is a truly amazing mechanic and really knows how to set up an old B-Body. As for the mechanics of car... the engine is the same 471 Stroker that Jim Bossman built when I purchased the Charger from him last June, transmission also remains the same Keisler unit. Just about everything else though has been changed. We had a specialty shop make us brackets to adapt Charger SRT8 Rotors and Viper calipers with Hawk HPS pads and Motul RBF600 fluid, that means 14" rotors up front and 13" in the rear. Then we ditched the stock power booster and master for a new hydroboost unit, honestly this thing will send you through the windshield if you're not careful. Gauges were completely redone in a silver face with red needles, modern internals and a 200 mph speedo - tictoctac was retained as well and we incorporated a built in shift light, center console was also redone. Seats are Sparco Milano IIs and were covered with alcantera suede, the headliner was done in alcantera as well, steering wheel is a 15" race spec. Sparco.

For suspension we used 1.22 torsion bars, tubular upper control arms, Firm Feel swaybar, Koni 3 way adjustable shocks and a Firm Feel stage III steering box and some other items I know I'm forgetting. The rear is running hemi leaf springs with an adjustable Helwig rear swaybar. Suregrip was also swapped out for a Detroit Tru-trac unit with 3.55s. All in all though this car turned out to be one hell of a road burner. Top end has to be around 170ish... don't know if the ole' marbles are big enough to take it up that high though.

I also need to thank DS - he photoshopped this thing for me right from the get go and was major help in determining the final outcome of "ANGRIER"... the man has skillz. Right now though I'm just finally enjoying driving it. Hopefully we'll also be able to get it into SEMA so everyone can really see this thing in person as it's a pretty cool ride.

Cheers guys and thanks so much for all the support on this.

The IDEA:

The Guinea Pig:

The FINAL:

THE COLONEL

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Brock Samson

Congrats Mike, very cool. how about some interior, engine, underbody pics?..   :shruggy:

Brock Samson

bull

RD

beautiful car mike... you are one proud papa... when is the SEMA show? and is it in Las Vegas?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander