News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dirty vynle top

Started by tims68charger, November 17, 2008, 10:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tims68charger

put my top on 2 yrs ago.tried to keep it covered while i finnished the body work.it's dirty and has a dry look to it.anyone know of something that's mild to clean it with.plus is there anything to treat it with to give it a nice shine.it's black.thanks guys.tom

MichaelRW

Use a vinyl convertible top cleaner to clean the vinyl top and then use a vinyl/rubber protectant to return the new top sheen to it. I would stay away from anything that contains silicone though. There are numerous brands, just Google the products.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

resq302

I have a pearl white vinyl top and the best thing that I have found was the Meguiars #39 Heavy duty vinyl cleaner.  Makes my white top look like brand new!  I then follow it up with some of their Meguiars #40 Vinyl Cleaner/conditioner.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

:yesnod: Another pearl white top owner using the Meguiars stuff here.

BMOTOXSTAR

I have a black top and a member here hooked me up and I am 100% dedicated to  Meguiars  products. Top notch. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

charger Downunder

[/quote]

Ghoste

Yeah, you definitely don't want to use it as a steak sauce.  I bookmarked that handy little site but it doesn't dissuade me from endorsing their products.

71 Bee Man

Quote from: charger Downunder on November 23, 2008, 01:21:32 AM
Here check the ingrediants for meguiars products.

http://www.meguiars.com.au/MSDS.htm

http://www.meguiars.com.au/msds/M4001-DEC-06.pdf

I must admit, I love Meguiars products. They've won me over.

I haven't tried the vinyl cleaner or conditioner yet, but I will now. How good is their "Clay" product ? I found that it was incredible stuff and great on the paintwork.

Peter
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

resq302

I love their clay bar for detailing the car before I polish and then wax it.  It makes the whole job go so much easier and makes the car as smooth as glass.  It takes paint overspray, tree sap mist, environmental fall out, oxidation, and any surface contaminants off of the paint.  It also removes wax and polish build up too.  The key is to keep it lubricated with the quick detailer while you are using it.  Otherwise, the clay will want to stick to the paint. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto