News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargerman68 here's the story and its not pretty

Started by Rat Exterminator, September 10, 2008, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramit

I don't really think rat exterminator should be angry with the fact that he received an AM radio when that is what the title of the listing said.   I understand that there were pics of an AM/FM in the lsiting but maybe he should have asked what the deal was with that before he placed a bid.   Although I do agree with the fact that it doesn't really sound like he had any intention of sending the radio out in the first place until rat exterminator posted the story on these forums.   I also question why Anthony says that he was told it was an AM/FM and if it was currently installed in his car how can you not figure out what the hell kind of radio it is?  Personally, I think you both F***ed up!   The buyer needs to beware of EXACTLY what he is bidding on and the seller needs to get there crap together if they are going to sell stuff on ebay like that.   Why do i have a feeling I am not going to make any friends with this post? :lol:

Harlow

I didn't want to get into this but something is being overlooked here. What about all the other members on moparts and this forum who claim to have had similar problems? This doesn't seem like a one time honest mistake. It sounds to me like a blatant pattern of item misrepresentation and even the failure to deliver any item at all.

68chrgrwife

Rammit...I understand what you are saying.  We only drove the car a few times and never had the radio on because we were listening to the engine diagnosing it....it was not hooked up when we bought it (nothing electrical was due to it draining the battery...not even the headlights)  We prolly should have looked more into it before we tried to sell it.  We had EVERY intention of shipping it out before the posts were started but as Tony and I have said he has been in and out a lot for training.  I can't go to the auto shop with three kids (as they are not allowed there to begin with...insurance reasons) and pull the thing out. He wasn't home and could not pull it out himself. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Chris G.

Quote from: ramit on September 10, 2008, 11:37:55 PM
Personally, I think you both F***ed up!   The buyer needs to beware of EXACTLY what he is bidding on

Why on earth would it be the buyers fault? A picture was displayed of what the seller claims he was selling. What's the need to inquire any further? I could understand if the seller mentioned that the picture wasn't the actual radio, but he didn't.

Newsflash: THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS COUPLE HAS HUSTLED SOMEONE ON EBAY.

PS- Chargerwife, your BS meter has surpassed your husbands at this point. Best thing to do is shut it down, lay low for a few months, start a new ebay account and continue your hustle.

ramit

To answer Chris G:
If you saw and ad for a "68 charger 440" in the title but the there was an underhood shot of a HEMI.   Wouldn't you be a little leary of what you are bidding on?  "BUYER BEWARE"  It was obviously misrepresented by the pic but I believe the title said it was an AM radio for sale.   I am not picking sides here at all because like I said it sounds as if it took a lot of work for the buyer to get the part shipped to him which I also believe is wrong.   People just expect there stuff right away and people should get there stuff right away.

SFRT

the thing that really annoys me, as a former member of the military, is his whole ' please excuse my scamming because I am defending our country'. wtf dude. that has to be the lamest stance EVER.

you are dishonoring service men and women everywhere with THAT particular brand of bs.  I doubt if you even have a combat position. REMF...prolly.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerman68

i am refunding the money for the radio due too my mistake on which one that i had was not an am/fm i guess but that was what i was told it was..there is nothing more i can do becuase you guys already ade up your minds about everything....

as for jersey whatever we tried to send the rims several times then i told you i was refunding you and it was sent out and cashed so thanks for trying to jump on the ban wagon witth no claim...as to the address change i mailed out those rims from another house we moved from if you had an info on that the address that im at now we have been there for about 2yrs..SO NICE TRY..

as for all of you new members who are just trying to get more posts...cause you dont know me and the situation..congrads...i have been a member new for several years now and one little mistake about the radio and im so bad and wrong.....right you are all a bunch of hipocrits.....

as far as everyone staying im not in the military right the real people who know me know....and the next time you guys complain and bitch about gas prices,and the way the country is going...stop bitching and get off your ass and do something about it

there is no reason to bash and include my wife she has no idea about the car stuff i do...she hepls out when she can

the only thing i did wrong was not followup on the ups mixup which i fixed as soon  as i got home...my ebay account is locked due to my cc was old and i dont have another right now due to deployment...i cant answer my house phone when im out training and my wife is busy with appointments and the kids....

if this is how both of us are treated for being members for years...then

thanks to all you helped with my car
skips,rolling thunder,mikepmcs,68charger383,jackie....and others sorry this is my last post on here...TROY PLEASE DELETE THE BOTH MY WIFES AND MY ACCOUNT

thanks troy for the site.please give our shirts to someone else......i now see why so many people dont come on here anymore because you guys only here one side of the story and cant wait to make up your own minds before everyone involved answers....

FOR SFRT I AM AND DO HAVE A COMBAT ROLE ASSHOLE

troy you should start keeping an eye out on these so called members acting like 2yrs and driving people away.....

for all the real friends from here you know our phone numbers.....CAUSE I LIKE TO SCAM PEOPLE BUT I AM A REGULAR ON HERE...RIGHT

GOODBYE
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

coolcat

QuoteRammit...I understand what you are saying.  We only drove the car a few times and never had the radio on because we were listening to the engine diagnosing it....it was not hooked up when we bought it (nothing electrical was due to it draining the battery...not even the headlights)  We prolly should have looked more into it before we tried to sell it.  We had EVERY intention of shipping it out before the posts were started but as Tony and I have said he has been in and out a lot for training.  I can't go to the auto shop with three kids (as they are not allowed there to begin with...insurance reasons) and pull the thing out. He wasn't home and could not pull it out himself.

then why is he posting about mancini's crappy customer service?  oh geee we didn't get our rusty springs for a month!  when did he have time to work on the car if he is so busy training he can't ship a RADIO.  and hiding behind military service or a disability when you are a crook is lower than low.

chargerman68 you are a douche.  STFU and face the music.

JerseyJoe

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 10, 2008, 10:41:20 PM

Joe,
  We have madegood on our refund to you...I sent you out a check the next month....it was cashed, and we never heard from you again...so now you are going to say you never got it?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE scan that cashed check with my signature endorsing it and post it everywhere and make a liar out of me!!!!!!!  You guys aren't even smart crooks. I'm starting to feel good that I only put 76 bucks toward your husband's car.

dads_69

Wow, home from work and all this excitement has happend! The bomb went off just like I knew it would.
Sad, very sad to hear and read. The news paper article did it for me though. Shame on you, thats putting it nicely.  :slap:

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

SFRT

FOR SFRT I AM AND DO HAVE A COMBAT ROLE ASSHOLE

cool.whats your DOD specialty #

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RD

wow... i just dont know what to say about this.  there has been times in which i have been tardy in shipping stuff.  I know what it means to have "life get in the way".  But i have never made excuses for my tardiness... i took responsibility, and shipped the correct part.  If i failed to make a person happy, I found what they needed and shipped it on my dime and gave them their money back or made some other reconciliation.

I am not perfect, and I have had learning experiences.

It is kind of sad to see it end this way, in many regards.  But... you have to pay the piper.  Chargerman.. you will be surprised at how many veterans are on this board, and like you... we know their are post offices on ships, on base, drop offs, UPS stations and even UPS stores.  So with that in mind.... it really doesnt matter what you say as to why you couldnt ship the item.. you are in the wrong.  period.  Face the music, play the instrument and be responsible.  The fact that you misrepresented your item is just wrong... and you knew it.  Your integrity has been stripped from you due to your actions (and not just this one it seems).

Go ahead and leave.  At least I wont have to see a thread like this again.

Will we?

To answer Chris G:
If you saw and ad for a "68 charger 440" in the title but the there was an underhood shot of a HEMI.   Wouldn't you be a little leary of what you are bidding on?  "BUYER BEWARE"  It was obviously misrepresented by the pic but I believe the title said it was an AM radio for sale.   I am not picking sides here at all because like I said it sounds as if it took a lot of work for the buyer to get the part shipped to him which I also believe is wrong.   People just expect there stuff right away and people should get there stuff right away.

i have to disagree with you... you are comparing apples to oranges.  a radio can be easily typo'd on a selling site and be a mistake for another to capitalize on.... a PICTURE ON THE OTHER HAND speaks a thousand words.  we all expect to be BS'd with a hemi car.. not with a radio and a guy with 100% feedback.

Plus right away in this context is not a month in transit.

Quoteas for all of you new members who are just trying to get more posts...cause you dont know me and the situation..congrads...i have been a member new for several years now and one little mistake about the radio and im so bad and wrong.....right you are all a bunch of hipocrits.....

i know people who have been members here for longer than you, doesnt mean they are without fault.  longevity on this board does not equate to infallibility.

as far as everyone staying im not in the military right the real people who know me know....and the next time you guys complain and bitch about gas prices,and the way the country is going...stop bitching and get off your ass and do something about it

where the hell did this come from.  dont try and "guilt" me because you are in the armed services and the reason why you are fighting is to keep gas prices down. if that was the case we would have had you navy guys do something to stop the damn hurricanes from raping the gulf region (our gulf).  whatever man... get over yourself. 

I have done something... I was in for 10 years in the army humping my ass in kuwait, korea, and germany, as well as conus.  how dare you claim your experiences as being above any other service members and that we should OWE you something. that is an arrogant and self-centered remark brought about to redirect our poignant jabs at your inequities, through a means of guilt probing, and a claim that we are unpatriotic.  who are you to state that you should be given preferential treatment for a status that many of us have voluntarily and involuntarily accepted, adapted, and overcome.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Back N Black

Quote from: coolcat on September 11, 2008, 12:47:59 AM
QuoteRammit...I understand what you are saying.  We only drove the car a few times and never had the radio on because we were listening to the engine diagnosing it....it was not hooked up when we bought it (nothing electrical was due to it draining the battery...not even the headlights)  We prolly should have looked more into it before we tried to sell it.  We had EVERY intention of shipping it out before the posts were started but as Tony and I have said he has been in and out a lot for training.  I can't go to the auto shop with three kids (as they are not allowed there to begin with...insurance reasons) and pull the thing out. He wasn't home and could not pull it out himself.

then why is he posting about mancini's crappy customer service?  oh geee we didn't get our rusty springs for a month!  when did he have time to work on the car if he is so busy training he can't ship a RADIO.  and hiding behind military service or a disability when you are a crook is lower than low.

chargerman68 you are a douche.  STFU and face the music.

Hey Coolcat,  ::) great first post. Welcome!

TUFCAT

Quote from: chargerman68 on September 11, 2008, 12:42:14 AM

i am refunding the money for the radio due too my mistake on which one that i had was not an am/FM i guess but that was what i was told it was..

Oh, I see.....you were TOLD it was an AM/FM???  Who told you??

The person you stole the picture from off the internet? 

Wifey came clean about this already.... (maybe you should read her posts and get your story straight).

You've also posted several times how you were mis-informed
.....again, by who?

Mis-informed ....is not the same as taking a picture off the internet of an AM/FM radio and using it in your listing, then finally shipping out an AM radio (that a guy paid $425 for), after 30 days of lying to the buyer by telling him UPS didn't pick up the package!

Mis-informed ....is not the same as keeping $425 and shipping an AM RADIO!!  EVERYONE (including you) knows the value of an AM radio is nowhere near $425!!  Face it, when you sent the AM radio - - you knew it was wrong as hell, but you went ahead and tried to hustle someone anyway. A huge light should have went off there.

Mis-informed....is not the same as wifey saying the radio was in the car the whole time! According to wife, you weren't going to remove the radio until after it was sold on ebay. Given your "busy schedule" this would've surely impacted the shipping schedule don't ya think? - - especially given the fact that the car isn't even at your house (as wife used for an excuse to the 30 day shipping).

You were setting someone up for a bad experince from the beginning!  If you had actually took the time to remove the radio before the listing, you would be more "informed" about what the hell you were selling, and the so-called "mis-information" you got. Also, the bogus AM/FM pictures wouldn't have entered into this!  :eek2:

Personally, I'm sick of hearing all of this garbage....from "we never listed to the radio when we owned the car" to the story that the wife wasn't able to get to the garage where its stored to remove it (because of her three kids and medical appointments.....blah, blah, blah).

The radio should've have been removed before YOU placed the eBay ad.

START BLAMING YOURSELF FOR A CHANGE - NOBODY ELSE DID THIS BUT YOU.

Quote from: chargerman68 on September 11, 2008, 12:42:14 AM

thanks to all you helped with my car
skips,rolling thunder,mikepmcs,68charger383,jackie....and others sorry this is my last post on here...TROY PLEASE DELETE THE BOTH MY WIFES AND MY ACCOUNT

thanks troy for the site.please give our shirts to someone else......i now see why so many people dont come on here anymore because you guys only here one side of the story and cant wait to make up your own minds before everyone involved answers....

troy you should start keeping an eye out on these so called members acting like 2yrs and driving people away.....

TROY SHOULD NOT DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!

There's no good reason for it!

Your biggest issue is not taking responsibility for your actions on this subject.  BOO HOO  :'( :'(

Just don't post anymore......stop reading, or go away, if you can't stand to read about your actions.  In the real world, your actions are subject to scrutiny. Also, in the real world, you just can't snap your fingers and make things go away just because you're embarrassed , or don't like the outcome.

When things blow up like this, its usually not the crime..... its the "cover-up" people like you get in hot water for. To delete this post would clearly send a message that you can't take responsibility for your actions and are afraid to face the music.

Didn't they teach you this in basic training?  I'm not against you personally, its just that the bullshitting has been over the top....as well as the lack of responsibility.

You said you won't post again. :scratchchin:  But,  I'd bet the farm you'll be back to weave some more shit into this story.  :eek2:  [edit] On a kind note chrgrwife, I do respect the fact that you have MS, and are a good Mom to your kids.  :angel:

'nuff said. 

Old Moparz

The selling of parts may have never had malicious intentions, but it sure doesn't look like the intentions are good anymore. Between this thread, & the one on Moparts, I never saw so much back peddling, or time line of events being scrambled, or very different stories, reasons, & excuses for not following through on a deal. The fact that there are now 2 different people who don't have the stories verified with each other, gives even less credibility to both.

The one thing that stands out the most is not whether the radio was AM or AM/FM, but that it was never shipped, period.   ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ds440

Quote from: RD on September 11, 2008, 01:44:42 AM
wow... i just dont know what to say about this.....

.....given preferential treatment for a status that many of us have voluntarily and involuntarily accepted, adapted, and overcome.

Everything that RD said x 1000.  Very well said.

I would surmise by the shear number of incidents involving these two individuals, that the evidence is overwhelmingly not in their favor. 

Sure, to err is to be human.  However in this case, given the information provided, an outsider can only assume that they are either a) stupid or b) criminal or c) both.

The convoluted nature of the excuses, including the contradictions between the two of them, coupled with the 'we-are-the-real-victims' mentality really leaves me speechless.  If this person is "protecting" my freedoms...who is protecting me from him?

Sad.

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

moparstuart

Quote from: ds440 on September 11, 2008, 09:52:38 AM
wow... i just dont know what to say about this.....

.....given preferential treatment for a status that many of us have voluntarily and involuntarily accepted, adapted, and overcome.

Everything that RD said x 1000.  Very well said.

I would surmise by the shear number of incidents involving these two individuals, that the evidence is overwhelmingly not in their favor. 

Sure, to err is to be human.  However in this case, given the information provided, an outsider can only assume that they are either a) stupid or b) criminal or c) both.

The convoluted nature of the excuses, including the contradictions between the two of them, coupled with the 'we-are-the-real-victims' mentality really leaves me speechless.  If this person is "protecting" my freedoms...who is protecting me from him?

Sad.

C    ding ding ding         most criminals are really stupid , or they wouldnt do it .

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TUFCAT

Everyone take a look at this post from 68Chargerman just two months ago....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45834.msg500877.html#msg500877

This ad clearly states he's selling this AM radio from his car .

He also states it actually works.  Of course, with the typical contradiction you'd expect, wife posted that she had NO IDEA if the radio worked (because they never listened to it).

...she further said Tony didn't know if it was AM or AM/FM because they never looked at it! 

Geez, seems he  knew it was an AM radio in June - - and shocker - - he was asking $75.00 for it.

The plot thickens - - again!   :eek2:    SHAME.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

ramit

wow... i just dont know what to say about this.  there has been times in which i have been tardy in shipping stuff.  I know what it means to have "life get in the way".  But i have never made excuses for my tardiness... i took responsibility, and shipped the correct part.  If i failed to make a person happy, I found what they needed and shipped it on my dime and gave them their money back or made some other reconciliation.

To answer Chris G:

i have to disagree with you... you are comparing apples to oranges.  a radio can be easily typo'd on a selling site and be a mistake for another to capitalize on.... a PICTURE ON THE OTHER HAND speaks a thousand words.  we all expect to be BS'd with a hemi car.. not with a radio and a guy with 100% feedback.

I realize I might be comparing appples to oranges but you are still talking about a price difference of about 10X what an AM radio is worth.  Should I compare it to a listing for an "AM radio"   but the pic shows a CD player?   All I am saying is the buyer should have been more careful because it was obvious there was a problem with the listing.  I am not neccesarily saying that the buyer deserved this.  Like i said, I am not on the sellers side here either because I think there were bad intentions from the beginning and it seeems there is a sketchy past also.

moparstuart

and here is an add on another board he posted advertising the radio as a working AM radio

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=274

ramit

WOW.....it is a good thing they aren't going to post any more.   They just keep digging the hole deeper.

Dodge Don

Quote from: ramit on September 11, 2008, 10:26:13 AM

To answer Chris G:

I realize I might be comparing appples to oranges but you are still talking about a price difference of about 10X what an AM radio is worth.  Should I compare it to a listing for an "AM radio"   but the pic shows a CD player?   All I am saying is the buyer should have been more careful because it was obvious there was a problem with the listing.  I am not neccesarily saying that the buyer deserved this.  Like i said, I am not on the sellers side here either because I think there were bad intentions from the beginning and it seeems there is a sketchy past also.

Just for arguments sake, if I saw a 70 AM/FM radio pictured in an Ebay ad that was listed as an AM Radio I personally would assume the seller didn't know he had a valuable item (they go for almost a grand) and I would not be asking questions about it so as not to educate the seller....in the hopes of getting a bargain find. I would assume the picture was the actual radio. So I guess as a buyer I'm taking a risk that the item pictured is not misrepresented.....as it clearly was here.

Anyways, good riddance. We can poke and tease eachother about which year Charger is best etc all in good fun however the hobby doesn't tolerate scammers of any kind. Ripping someone off is bad enough but when Mopar people rip off other Mopar people that is just the lowest of the low.

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on September 11, 2008, 10:45:02 AM
and here is an add on another board he posted advertising the radio as a working AM radio

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=274

This could be someone else's pic too? It was one he had on b-bodies.com. Does anyone know anyone that goes by black-70-rtse? Also it looks like he took one pic of parts in his bathroom - Rotors  :laugh:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us