News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargerman68 here's the story and its not pretty

Started by Rat Exterminator, September 10, 2008, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Thanks. I just hit my head on the desk when I passed out and fell to the ground. :flame:

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Glad it all worked out in the end.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TUFCAT

Quote from: Rat Exterminator on October 01, 2008, 06:43:53 PM
Holy Shizzam, I got a cashiers check for $461 today!!!!!!!!!   Fed Ex'd overnite!!!!!!  Thank You Charity for your help.  This has been so entertaining, readiing all the great humor that I was tempted to let it go a couple more weeks but it looks like its over. Its too bad it had to get this ugly but man you guys are tough!!!  This is a lesson to the crooks out there to stay with Chevies cause the Mopar crowd sticks together.
As I said to Tufcat in a PM, this was almost $425 worth of laughs, but I am glad to get my $ back. I even got a couple of offers of incorrect am/fm  radios for free plus shipping. How cool is that. As I mentioned in the first (deleted) post here, I was mostly a lurker, (in the Aero car section as I am just finishing up a charger 500) and I really appreciate all the help and pressure from people who didn't even know me. Without you guys and Moparts, I'd still be looking for the radio. Thanks so much!!!  69 500, I'l get you the tag info soon, just really busy. THANKS Greg

I think I may have been the toughest.... but, I had a feeling (....in these past several days towards the end), they would do the right thing - - and it happened.  :2thumbs:

I'm sure all DC.com members would've continued this campaign  until Rat got his money.  :patriot:   We've got to stand tough these days.   :nono:

....the major problem for Tony and Charity was they allowed this mess to continue WAY TO LONG.  :eek2:

Now that is over, I'm personally ending my rant to let them rebuild their reputation. :popcrn: Unless of course, I have to renew my subscription to this thread  :flame:

Don't expect a Christmas card. TUFCAT :coolgleamA:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Do you have the actual cash in your hand or just a possibly rubber check?  Make a bee-line to the bank ASAP!!

Glad to see it all worked out for you but it should have never come to this.   :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 01, 2008, 07:38:08 PM
Do you have the actual cash in your hand or just a possibly rubber check?  Make a bee-line to the bank ASAP!!

Glad to see it all worked out for you but it should have never come to this.   :rotz:

The only thing about a cashier check you can't cash it anywhere but your bank unless it was somehow linked to another bank but....I couldn't cash a US bank cashiers check from Cali at a US Bank in Kansas. They said it still had to clear  :flame: Of course my bank would honor it but if it was bad I would be out that amount. A postal money order would have been a better way to get instant money.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Holy Shizzam, I got a cashiers check for $461 today!!!!!!!!!   Fed Ex'd overnite!!!!!!  Thank You Charity for your help.  This has been so entertaining, readiing all the great humor that I was tempted to let it go a couple more weeks but it looks like its over. Its too bad it had to get this ugly but man you guys are tough!!!  This is a lesson to the crooks out there to stay with Chevies cause the Mopar crowd sticks together.
As I said to Tufcat in a PM, this was almost $425 worth of laughs, but I am glad to get my $ back. I even got a couple of offers of incorrect am/fm  radios for free plus shipping. How cool is that. As I mentioned in the first (deleted) post here, I was mostly a lurker, (in the Aero car section as I am just finishing up a charger 500) and I really appreciate all the help and pressure from people who didn't even know me. Without you guys and Moparts, I'd still be looking for the radio. Thanks so much!!!  69 500, I'l get you the tag info soon, just really busy. THANKS Greg

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
we need photo's of the 500         :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :nixon: :nixon: :nixon: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight: :girlfight:    glad you got your money back
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70Sbird

Congrats Rat,
I've been lurking on this and the Moparts thread and an glad to see you got your money back.
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised!
I love these forums
Scott
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Scott Faulkner

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

tan top

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 01, 2008, 10:02:28 PM
ya when are we gonna see C500 pics?

:iagree:   ....   yeah Dude would love to see some pictures    :popcrn:  .................................... :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

41husk

Congratulations! glad to here the right thing was done.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69charger2002

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

uh oh a check??
hope it works out, what a great group of guys here!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TeeWJay426

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 02, 2008, 12:15:09 PM
uh oh a check??
hope it works out, what a great group of guys here!

Exactly.... probably should hold off closing this chapter until it has actually been deposited and CLEARS the account it's written against.... ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Charger_Fan

Assuming it does clear, congrats on getting this mess straightened out. :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RJS

Don't close this out till that check clears, and please come back on here and tell us the day that it does!!!! :popcrn:

resq302

I agree with everything Chris said.  Cashiers checks still CAN have STOP PAYMENTS put on them.   They cost more to have a stop payment put on them but none the less, if it is cashed against a local bank that you have in your town, I would cash it there.  Otherwise, I would cash it as soon as possible to make sure it  does not bounce.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

The70RT

Quote from: resq302 on October 03, 2008, 03:01:47 AM

I agree with everything Chris said.  Cashiers checks still CAN have STOP PAYMENTS put on them.   They cost more to have a stop payment put on them but none the less, if it is cashed against a local bank that you have in your town, I would cash it there.  Otherwise, I would cash it as soon as possible to make sure it  does not bounce.

Like I stated earlier after he got the check, if you do cash it at a bank that has a branch you still have to wait 10 day. US Bank anyway. They don't seem to operate like they use to because of the scammers.

BrianShaughnessy

Aren't cashiers' checks the favorite tool of Nigerian ebay scammers?  ::)

I really only like to deal with US post office money orders for non-paypal deals.   

Hopefully this thread has taught a few folks some lessons.    It's been very entertaining.   

And even though it might not be the greatest thing in the world compared to some new digital stereo...    I assure anyone that putting $375 into a regular AM and having it converted to fm with 40 watts will still sound better than spending  $450 on a factory 5 watt am/fm.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

resq302

Quote from: The70RT on October 03, 2008, 05:42:49 AM
Quote from: resq302 on October 03, 2008, 03:01:47 AM

Like I stated earlier after he got the check, if you do cash it at a bank that has a branch you still have to wait 10 day. US Bank anyway. They don't seem to operate like they use to because of the scammers.

Unless things have changed recently, if you cash a check against a bank where it is drawn from (meaning the account with that chain of banks), that bank would give you the money right away and not hold anything against your account since the funds are being drawn on their bank account.  When they cash the check, they should know right away what the funds available are for their bank account.  Now I agree with you about the 10 day waiting period if you cash the check at your bank as it would probably be a different bank (say, Wachovia vs. Chase bank) and they would have no way of verifying the amount in the check writers account.

Again, I could be wrong but things have changed without me realizing them.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

The70RT

Quote from: The70RT on October 01, 2008, 08:01:53 PM

The only thing about a cashier check you can't cash it anywhere but your bank unless it was somehow linked to another bank but....I couldn't cash a US bank cashiers check from Cali at a US Bank in Kansas. They said it still had to clear  :flame: Of course my bank would honor it but if it was bad I would be out that amount. A postal money order would have been a better way to get instant money.

Above is what I encountered over the summer on a cashiers check. I'm sure different polices for different banks....who knows. It just didn't seem right to me.

69_500

Glad you finally got the check at least. And I had almost forgot about the 500 you were doing. That isn't good is it? I must be going crazy to forget about a 500.

Ghoste

You aren't crazy because you forgot one, you're crazy because you have all of their fender tags committed to memory.

69_500

Glad to know that is the only reason people think I'm crazy. I was under the impression it was for way more reasons than that.

My wife would agree with you though. She says "why memorize it when you have it all written down at home"

Steve P.

Sheesh,, I can't remember if I had lunch today...  :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

Answer her, "what if the house burns down and all that info goes with it?".  She'll like that.  (I'm kidding btw)

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on October 03, 2008, 04:32:05 PM
Answer her, "what if the house burns down and all that info goes with it?".  She'll like that.  (I'm kidding btw)

My grandmother has 30 something years worth of geneology in her house! I have never seen so much paper stacked everywhere including writing a second book! I asked her that once and she turned and walked away from me.....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire